Will you always be a Madonna fan?

madonnasuperfan01

I had been from the start and I will never abandon my Queen lol. Seriously this question shouldn't have been asked in the first place but I guess there are those that gets attracted to the shiny trappings of other pop stars like a moth to a flame but sadly later on they get burned and revert back to M eventually.

I have always loved Madonna and always will. From the very start, I loved her music, her dancing, her videos, her look, her personality and her ethics. I remember my Mother buying me the Time magazine article on her in 1985 which featured her talking about different things and events in her life. It made me love her even more as she wrote so beautifully and had wonderful opinions, experiences and views. Something that Madonna is never given enough credit for. Things have never changed. I used to dress like her ( have to post pictures here one day for a laugh ) then she suddenly changed her looks and image and it made her even more fascinating.

Seeing her live was one of the greatest nights of my life. I love heaps of singers but none of them reach or inspire me like Madonna does. Ex-fans who now dislike her are so crazy because they loved the one entertainer who has stood the test of time while still being alive. Instead of celebrating that and enjoying all of her input, they are bitter, nasty and condescending. It is their loss though.

Jan, you were one of the original Madonna wannabees?? There was a thread last year asking if anyone on the forum was and no one answered yes.

Ugh. That's going to be such a sad and weird day for me. I am probably going to be a mess. Or in emotionless shock, and it will take awhile for me to digest that she is really gone.

Oh plz, she'll outlive us all.

"Vaseline the lens and back it up to Cleveland hell no I won't go nowhere you must be frickin' dreamin. I will show my crotch until I am 89."

— Nadya Ginsburg as MADONNA

I've loved her since I was 10 years old. I have so many memories attached to her music, there is no way I could ever just drop her if I don't like an album the way some of the former posters on this board did. She's never made a bad album, nobody can put on a show like her and she's always stood for the same things since day one. She's remained consistent in her beliefs, a true revolutionary and "freedom fighter" from day one. She never stops. She has provided me with almost 25 years of entertainment, even if I hated everything from here on out, I'll never stop loving her past work.

I do find it sad when i see her former fans attacking her in such vicious ways because one day she won't be doing this and that's when everyone is going to look back and "kiss her ass" as she predicted in an interview back in 1995. Someone that comes along with such ingenuity is so rare and yet here we are witnessing it and going along on the journey with her. I consider myself so fortunate to have seen her live 9 times so far.

Born in 1983, a fan since 1983. I literally grew up with all of her songs, they were the soundtrack of my life. Had to share my bedroom with my sister as a kid and since she was ten years older than me and already a teen, we had tons of Madonna and Michael Jackson posters in our room. So, no, I could never imagine not being a fan anymore just because I don't love this album or this tour or whatever, she's #1 for life.

Yes.

I can't imagine Madonna fans who stopped loving her. If it happens, I guess they have never been the real fans in the first place. Perhaps they were one of those who liked just her hits songs, especially catchy tunes. Madonna is no.1 female pop artist. Every person who is listening to pop music should have Madonna music in his or her music collection.

What I liked about Madonna is the pop music which she has put on a higher level. She was one of those who showed that pop can be serious, mature and artistic (LAP, E, BS, ROL). Even if she decides to make more catchy and fun albums like Music, she was still able to make it mature and creative.

Do I like everything she does? No. Do I listen everthing she has made? I listen almost everything. The only thing which was a big disappointment was HC era. I wasn't amazed with MDNA, but there are many songs I like and think they are great.

It is stupid to stop being a fan if she makes some mistakes. Even if she comes with another generic song, I won't stop being a fan because there will always be Erotica, Like A Prayer or Bedtime Stories...

Edited by mangapop

Am I the only one that loves every era, every tour, every album, every look, every side project...like I adore everything shes done. Yes there are songs that I dont care for but I still LOVE them!

As i said, she has yet to disappoint me. I don't like some of her songs but there's not one single album, tour or project that i didn't liked.

Let's see, this is why I will always love Madonna...

12 years old - first Madonna I ever heard - Holiday

13 years old - first middle school crush - Angel

16 years old - struggling through high school - Live To Tell

18 years old - my father dies - Promise To Try

19 years old - lost my virginity - Hanky Panky

21 years old - moved out of my mom's and in with my boyfriend - Deeper And Deeper

23 years old - moved to Portland and broke up with boyfriend - Survival

27 years old - slept with almost every man I met - Frozen

29 years old - moved to London and got married - I Deserve It

32 years old - married and miserable - Easy Ride

36 years old - divorced, single and ready to sleep around again - Jump

37 years old - met the love of my life - Incredible

40 years old - married the love of my life - I'm Addicted

Yes, she's always been there for me!