[Appreciation] The Early '90s Madonna Thread

Mattress

Absolutely. This is one of the huge points I've wanted to make about and to every pop tart to shoot upwards from the machine's toaster since 1990. You do not enter the pop princess realm as a domineering Blond Ambition-era mogul. Becurz:

1) It's something you earn through talent, hard work and a substantial reputation. It's a position you elevate yourself to. No one, NOT EVEN MADONNA begins there.

2) It's already been done. So. Yeah.

Thank Mamadonna for the incredible road she paved for you and do not attempt to credit yourself with pushing things forward when, clearly, you haven't.

:bow:

Absolutely. This is one of the huge points I've wanted to make about and to every pop tart to shoot upwards from the machine's toaster since 1990. You do not enter the pop princess realm as a domineering Blond Ambition-era mogul. Becurz:

1) It's something you earn through talent, hard work and a substantial reputation. It's a position you elevate yourself to. No one, NOT EVEN MADONNA begins there.

Thank Mamadonna for the incredible road she paved for you and do not attempt to credit yourself with pushing things forward when, clearly, you haven't.

And there you go. :clap::clap::clap:

:clap: Mattress, Brilliant stuff.

I know. :wow: One of my all-time favorites.

Gorgeous image... I need a poster print of this.

One of those rare photographs when one wants to fuck with everybody in the frame.

ALL the interviews posted above are my absolute favorites.

Madonna as an unstoppable, untouchable goddess of talent, vision, ambition, wit, and bitchiness.

This set the standard that is still revered and emulated to this day...and yet, nobody comes close, though they try.

When the Queen truly took her throne.

Betwen 89-94 we saw a amazing transformation of M as an artist. After 10 years in the business, and ever growing popularity, it was inevitable that the media and genereal public would burn her. Bedtime story was then the grownth period, while ray of light was the rise from the ashes. Madonna's life is truly poetic, the stuff of legend.

Love early 90's Madonna as well. I still can't believe how JML and Erotica singles sold so well to mainstream audiences.

Madonna was HUGE then.

Can you imagine if she released Deeper And Deeper first? I mean even TUTBMP went no.1.

Madonna was HUGE then.

Can you imagine if she released Deeper And Deeper first? I mean even TUTBMP went no.1.

She was lucky.

I remember someone in here mentioned TUTBMP sold slightly more than the #2 song on the same week.

She was lucky.

I remember someone in here mentioned TUTBMP sold slightly more than the #2 song on the same week.

She has been FAR more UNLUCKY. Artists with the most no.2 hits?