Nelly Compares Miley Cyrus to Madonna

HolidayGuy

At least Miley is not obsessed with being number 1

Just you wait when this suddenly fame fluke hits her hard and intoxicates her immature brain. It happened to Joanne, it happened to Bieber and the same could happen to Miley if she really starts to believe the hype.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.25754/title.nelly-compares-miley-cyrus-to-madonna

During the interview, Nelly also compared the singer to Madonna.

"Madonna, she did it her way, and she became one of the greatest female entertainers of all time," Nelly said. "Madonna grew up in the age of no social media. She wasn't under the type of scrutiny that Miley's under. Yeah, Miley twerked on stage at 20, but Madonna kissed two girls on stage at 50. Come on, man. Leave her alone."

And this is the part that I hate the most. Fact is, most of those young stars would not even have this kind of success without social media. It's not a one way street. You can't use social media for your purposes and expect that it will not turn against you at some point. That's naive thinking. It's the nature of the beast. And to imply that it is harder nowadays because of the shit that is coming from social media is just as wrong. People tend to forget the vicious stories that has been published about Madonna and the collective shitstorm around Sex/Erotica. And this was done by major news corporations, read and seen by hundreds of million of people who usually believe in what the see or read. And the hate spewed was on a personal level you can't even compare with some people calling Miley a slut. The difference is that Madonna was actually taken seriously. She was considered a danger to society and if you will an enemy of the state at some point. There was NO alternative source to paint a different picture. Madonna was all alone in those situations. Any popstar today would falter in a similar situation.

And this is the part that I hate the most. Fact is, most of those young stars would not even have this kind of success without social media. It's not a one way street. You can't use social media for your purposes and expect that it will not turn against you at some point. That's naive thinking. It's the nature of the beast. And to imply that it is harder nowadays because of the shit that is coming from social media is just as wrong. People tend to forget the vicious stories that has been published about Madonna and the collective shitstorm around Sex/Erotica. And this was done by major news corporations, read and seen by hundreds of million of people who usually believe in what the see or read. And the hate spewed was on a personal level you can't even compare with some people calling Miley a slut. The difference is that Madonna was actually taken seriously. She was considered a danger to society and if you will an enemy of the state at some point. There was NO alternative source to paint a different picture. Madonna was all alone in those situations. Any popstar today would falter in a similar situation.

So true. I remember the Erotica/Sex book backlash and it was brutal. Today people celebrate both Erotica and the Sex book but at the time, Madonna was portrayed as virtually the devil by the press. As Raider of the Lost Ark has pointed out above, there were no other real alternatives for Madonna to respond to the criticism bar the all-controlling press of the time. I really doubt that any other star would have got through unscathed like Madonna did at that point. She is a true survivor as well as a superstar.

So true. I remember the Erotica/Sex book backlash and it was brutal. Today people celebrate both Erotica and the Sex book but at the time, Madonna was portrayed as virtually the devil by the press. As Raider of the Lost Ark has pointed out above, there were no other real alternatives for Madonna to respond to the criticism bar the all-controlling press of the time. I really doubt that any other star would have got through unscathed like Madonna did at that point. She is a true survivor as well as a superstar.

Exactly. One of the reasons i'm such a big fan is because of how strong she is. So many others music legends went downhill for WAY less than that. But she never had a breakdown, never went downhill with alcohol and drugs,... She honestly should be admired for her strength alone.