I'm Watching The MDNA Tour For The First Time

Joey

Guest Rachelle of London

^Exactly. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Just give up hun....my brain hurts in this thread too

I still haven't seen it yet! I went to Best Buy the other day to buy the DVD and all I could find was the live CD. What's up with that??!!

^Where have you been? LOL!!! There was a HUGE defect in most, if not all, of the Blu-Rays where the picture was snowy (like old school tvs), with missing elements in the 5.1 surround track. The DVDs had issues with the sound as well (but picture was fine).

They were all recalled...and we're all waiting on when the distribution company will release the proper discs for purchase.

My only gripe with the tour...

Falling Free not being part of it like I just mentioned in another thread, and the cheerleader section being too short. It needed another song and in my opinion Causing a Commotion would have fit perfectly in there somewhere.

Falling Free not being part of it like I just mentioned in another thread, and the cheerleader section being too short. It needed another song and in my opinion Causing a Commotion would have fit perfectly in there somewhere.

Agree. Falling Free should have been part of list. I also wish Some Girls was part of the tour.

Cheerleader section defenitely needed more cheerful songs like Causing a Commotion and Holiday.

I now love Hung Up after the DVD. I dunno, I like the weirdness of it.

yeah me too.. there's something so dark, edgy, and weird about it. the "please forgive meeeeee" makes me cringe though :lmao:

yeah me too.. there's something so dark, edgy, and weird about it. the "please forgive meeeeee" makes me cringe though :lmao:

I only wish the ABBA sample would've been a lot louder like it was live in the DVD audio

Agree. Falling Free should have been part of list. I also wish Some Girls was part of the tour.

Cheerleader section defenitely needed more cheerful songs like Causing a Commotion and Holiday.

Causing A Commotion would've been PERFECT in that tour! The crowds would've been so into it.

yes yes yes

I thought the ABBA sample was not used in HU MDNA. I never heard it even in YouTube videos.

I vaguely remember hearing it kicking in during the "please forgive me" sequence....

Yes. The majorette section is a highlight of the tour, and it is too short. But I can't see any other song being attached to it.

Because..

A) Express Yourself is too strong of an opener and GMAYL is too strong of a closer. It would be foolish to add a song before and after.

and

B) That segue between the 2 songs is mammoth. Disrupting the two would be disastrous and disrupt that brilliant flow.

So because of that, I'm okay with just two songs. (She could have done like a mini medley before BTW though)

Yes. The majorette section is a highlight of the tour, and it is too short. But I can't see any other song being attached to it.

Because..

A) Express Yourself is too strong of an opener and GMAYL is too strong of a closer. It would be foolish to add a song before and after.

and

B) That segue between the 2 songs is mammoth. Disrupting the two would be disastrous and disrupt that brilliant flow.

So because of that, I'm okay with just two songs. (She could have done like a mini medley before BTW though)

The one song I could see being between the two is Into The Groove. If not, it's best left alone.

Oh, i thought it was a bit random that part. The rest of the concert flows, has a concept... i think she made that section just because she felt she had to include GMAYL. I don't know...

But yes, if she had included another one it wouldn't have seemed so random. A bombastic song from the first album, CAC would have been great too! Or why not Holiday full of drums and trompets with some great majorette routine? ?

Some people have mentioned in other threads that they feel MDNA had it's flaws. Im interested to hear more about this as I love the tour and think it's flawless. My only gripes (and they aren't major gripes) are the criminally short versions of PDP and Vogue and the misplaced Majorette section. I feel the Vogue section would have been better and would have continued the edgy, stylish and cinematic feel of the opening section. Imagine her coming out with Vogue after all that darkness. The tour could have closed with Majorette and then a quick costume change for Celebration. Just my two cents worth. Everything else is amazing, visuals, costumes, choreography, themes and style is incredibly well done and detailed.

Her best tour.