Madonna's Harper's Bazaar 2013. STUNNING!!!

Mat.Guy

Guest SecretGarden

It does irk me that Terry Richardson is the one who took these photos, if those allegations are to be taken as fact then he truly is one sick man. Madonna could have chosen any other publication to do this interview and photoshoot with, one which doesn't hire people like Terry Richardson.

The photos alone are nice enough but generic, the clothes are about the only 'daring' thing about them. She does look beautiful in the photos, but they also lack the attitude of her previous great photoshoots.

I do think her semi-autobiography was a great read! I do find it disgusting that some online comments are calling her a liar for her admission that she was raped, but oh well you can't take internet comments seriously.

I saw this a couple days ago somewhere else but just wanted to say how stunning,sexy and awesome I think M looks! One of her best photo shoot's in some time. Well done.

Yes, but the piece that she wrote for Harpers is a relatively brief article, not a full length book. If she dwelled on the rape longer, she wouldn't have had space to get to the other parts of her life in this mini-autobiography. Harpers asked her to write a mini-autobiography not an article on rape. But rape is a very life changing experience, so she could hardly leave it out if she was writing an autobiography. The idea that any woman would use rape as a way to get publicity is so ludicrous to me. No woman would ever do that. I find it a little offensive that men feel the need to lecture a woman how she should address being raped, when they most likely never had the same experience or judge her for talking about it all. Being raped is such a personal thing that every woman handles it differently and it's up to her how to address it. I as a rape victim found nothing offensive about how she dealt with it. I found it brave and inspiring that she shared it and it gives rape survivors the strength to go and shows that the experience does not totaly define you and have to ruin the whole rest of your life.

Well said. I agree. It was a traumatic experience of course that impacted her in ways we'll never truly know but as you said she is a survivor and I'm sure she inspired others with her story. I think it was brave of her to even share it. No one has the right to judge her or tell her how she should speak about such an experience.

I saw this a couple days ago somewhere else but just wanted to say how stunning,sexy and awesome I think M looks! One of her best photo shoot's in some time. Well done.

Nice to see you post in the main forum.

Just wanted to say I respect Lucky Guy's posts in general and I always enjoy reading his opinions. I admire that he is able to think for himself and to look beyond what the mainstream media feeds us.

That being said, there's a tiny bit of bitterness in his last posts that I didn't enjoy, I think he could express the same in a less abrasive way, this is, after all, a Madonna forum and while I think it's valid to criticize, if you come off as if you are bashing her then you should expect negativity from M fans in return. It's valid to express but there are better ways IMO.

I like them all, very cool, I was expecting something a lot more minimalist in terms of styling as its Terry Richardson but I really like them, she looks incredible.

Guest Rachelle of London

do they sell this @ waterstones?

noit sure about waterstones but I bet it will be at WHSmiths or somewhere, they usually do US magazines, nit sure if I've seen Harpers before though

Did I really just read...."I'm disappointed in the way Madonna talked about her rape"...........WHAT THE FUCK!??! SERIOUSLY!??

I just can't.

Btw....it makes perfect since that she brought it up as does the theme of the photos. She's a "warrior" hence the swords.....and the rape was probably a integral event in making her a warrior. I don't understand what's not to understand about this.

Wow. That's crazy! Who said that?! :shock: Oh wait. No one actually said that.

Just wanted to say I respect Lucky Guy's posts in general and I always enjoy reading his opinions. I admire that he is able to think for himself and to look beyond what the mainstream media feeds us.

He isn't thinking for himself at all.

He didn't invent or discover illuminati/NWO conspiracies or anti capitalist propaganda.

He's following media. Just a different type of media from the mainstream. That isn't thinking for yourself.

He's just a puppet like everybody else and it's very rare than anybody can cut the strings without...well...I'll leave it at that.

noit sure about waterstones but I bet it will be at WHSmiths or somewhere, they usually do US magazines, nit sure if I've seen Harpers before though

Yes, Smith's do sell HB. Selfridges in London sell a large range of US and European mags and so many of the Soho newsagents have loads of foreign magazines too, it shouldn't be a problem for the Londoners.

Multiple covers make sense as fans collect them and push the sales up. GQ or Esquire just did the same thing with Wand Erection.

thanks Mat GuY!!!!

OMG I will need to collect eachc over, hope its onsale in the UK

Chelle if I can't get this in the uncultured and rather primitive north east you're gonna have to send me these and I'll paypal you the money, I can't miss out on her looking so beautiful

I do agree she looks great in this photoshoot and they are better in general from the MDNA CD pics and promo shots.

I also agree w/ a lot of what lucky guy says, so long as you replace "illuminati" w/ "sociopathic shitheads." I've never seen any posts where he talks about illuminati though.

That's because I don't talk about them -I simply talk about what is going on, and what I feel about it. Because this makes people uncomfortable, they choose to bring that up as an easy way to dismiss what I'm saying. Notice it was others who brought that silly phrase into this thread.

I don't know if all those covers are real. Usually Harpers does have two different covers for each issue. One is for newsstands and the other is only for subscribers.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, Smith's do sell HB. Selfridges in London sell a large range of US and European mags and so many of the Soho newsagents have loads of foreign magazines too, it shouldn't be a problem for the Londoners.

Multiple covers make sense as fans collect them and push the sales up. GQ or Esquire just did the same thing with Wand Erection.

Thanks Jonski!!!!