Madonna FINALLY has her own @MADONNA twitter account!

Nikki

Guest Xanthium

Hopefully Madge has the good sense to stay off it as much as possible. Twitter is bad news for celebs. Way too much embarrassing verbal diarrhea.

I kind of liked that Madonna was not on twitter. Like it was below her, in some sense (and it kind of is). Plus, it just gets celebrities in trouble....

....and it kind of destroys the allure and mystery around celebrity. It brings those "icons" down to a base level that these new kids are on.

But who knows. Maybe it will just be press releases and official statements. Or maybe it will barely used at all. Or maybe she'll run her mouth. Whatever it is, I hope it's different than what other people do. This is Madonna after all.

It's good for her to have twitter account to give us some updates on her project/new work. I hope she doesn't tweet stupid shit like other artists do.

Guest Not4Pussies

I kind of liked that Madonna was not on twitter. Like it was below her, in some sense (and it kind of is). Plus, it just gets celebrities in trouble....

....and it kind of destroys the allure and mystery around celebrity. It brings those "icons" down to a base level that these new kids are on.

But who knows. Maybe it will just be press releases and official statements. Or maybe it will barely used at all. Or maybe she'll run her mouth. Whatever it is, I hope it's different than what other people do. This is Madonna after all.

I completely agree. She even said in an interview last year that she is too busy to tweet. She'd rather read a book, be outside and hear the birds sing. Twitter is a dangerous ground for celebrities

Gotta call the babysitter

TWEETING on the elevator

This lyric always bugged me because she didn't tweet.

:lol:

Now it won't anymore :D

I am happy she's also on Twitter now, another platform for her to interact with her fans more directly

I just hope she doesn't touch lesser celebrities through it though

She is too regal and stately for that :queenbitch:

Guest Not4Pussies

so this is why her account has been verified!

This Tuesday, October 8th at 4:30PM EST Madonna will host a 'live art curation' accepting and providing input on artistic submissions for the#ArtForFreedom movement.
Madonna and VICE created this platform to give people around the world an opportunity to answer the question: "What Does Freedom Mean To You?". Madonna and Steven Klein premiered their project#SecretProjectRevolution to the world last week, as the first submission for the #ArtforFreedom platform.

Now, it's your turn.

The Twitter community is invited to submit images, videos, music and poetry by including #ArtForFreedom in their tweet expressing their personal meaning of Freedom and Revolution. Submissions will begin Friday, October 4th to be part of the 'live curation'.

Madonna will be curating the submissions in real-time via her official account www.Twitter.com/Madonna. Join the revolution!

For more information on Art For Freedom go towww.ArtForFreedom.com