Madonna is on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight

le smoking

I'm going to work a bit longer on my submission. It might not end up perfect but I have to polish it. After this interview, I'm excited to submit it but I want it to be better an totally agree with her on every single point.

Does anyone else think she is being overly negative in this project...seems to be too serious and focus on the negative. Sure the world has its problems but l dont think we have ever been more free and able to bring attention to injustice via new media and a much more compassionate generations coming up.

Even the film had no beauty or light, did not connect with me at all, l want to be inspired to change things, not depressed into it.

Does anyone else think she is being overly negative in this project...seems to be too serious and focus on the negative. Sure the world has its problems but l dont think we have ever been more free and able to bring attention to injustice via new media and a much more compassionate generations coming up.

Even the film had no beauty or light, did not connect with me at all, l want to be inspired to change things, not depressed into it.

I actually think it's the opposite. If you look at the film, there's a scene that goes in reverse and I believe that's where hope is instilled. The discussion is a serious one and she isn't going to take it lightly if she's serious about her passion for discussing the issues. If you look a bit deeper into the film, you'll find loads of inspiration.

I actually think it's the opposite. If you look at the film, there's a scene that goes in reverse and I believe that's where hope is instilled. The discussion is a serious one and she isn't going to take it lightly if she's serious about her passion for discussing the issues. If you look a bit deeper into the film, you'll find loads of inspiration.

Exactly! That little bit at the end of the film where the music gets "happier" and the sunlight is shining into the jail and then the reverse scene you speak of happens. I took that as "hope" as well.

Exactly! That little bit at the end of the film where the music gets "happier" and the sunlight is shining into the jail and then the reverse scene you speak of happens. I took that as "hope" as well.

Yeah l get that its the intention of that scene to express hope but its still such a bleek outlook that the world is f***ed or heading towards disaster when historically we have never been so free. The interviews also convey this perception. Its a common syndrome in religious/spritual groups to focus on the negative and help keep the need for the group. In my opinion Madonna needs to balance the dark with the light better to reach and touch a wide audience...not just the ones who think the world is under so much oppression we are about to decend into the abys. I see and feel so much more tollerance and freedom in the world now that l dont sense through history and dont share Madonna's bleek view. If she was approaching this positively as identifying even more examples of intollerance and opression through peoples videos so we can make the world an even better place (and not save all of humanity from itself) l think it would be more universal and successful.

Yeah l get that its the intention of that scene to express hope but its still such a bleek outlook that the world is f***ed or heading towards disaster when historically we have never been so free. The interviews also convey this perception. Its a common syndrome in religious/spritual groups to focus on the negative and help keep the need for the group. In my opinion Madonna needs to balance the dark with the light better to reach and touch a wide audience...not just the ones who think the world is under so much oppression we are about to decend into the abys. I see and feel so much more tollerance and freedom in the world now that l dont sense through history and dont share Madonna's bleek view. If she was approaching this positively as identifying even more examples of intollerance and opression through peoples videos so we can make the world an even better place (and not save all of humanity from itself) l think it would be more universal and successful.

Madonna made a great point in this interview and that is people don't fully understand something until they see the gory details. You can read about someone being executed for being black, gay etc but until you see the black man hanging dead from the tree with a crowd of people around him laughing and smiling or a terrified gay teen having his head sliced off in front of a crowd as if it's some form of entertainment, it makes a bigger impact. I think Madonna is taking that approach. It's sad, but consider the fact that people really and truly come together when something horrible happens......9/11, natural disasters etc. A lot of people have to be practically forced by terrible circumstances to have their true humanitarian, kind hearted, tolerant side come out.

Let's face it, many are going to be skeptical of Madonna doing something like this just because it's Madonna. If she made it light and "user friendly" she would get criticized for having no balls.

Couldn't POSSIBLY disagree with you more.

Madonna made a great point in this interview and that is people don't fully understand something until they see the gory details. You can read about someone being executed for being black, gay etc but until you see the black man hanging dead from the tree with a crowd of people around him laughing and smiling or a terrified gay teen having his head sliced off in front of a crowd as if it's some form of entertainment, it makes a bigger impact. I think Madonna is taking that approach. It's sad, but consider the fact that people really and truly come together when something horrible happens......9/11, natural disasters etc. A lot of people have to be practically forced by terrible circumstances to have their true humanitarian, kind hearted, tolerant side come out.

Let's face it, many are going to be skeptical of Madonna doing something like this just because it's Madonna. If she made it light and "user friendly" she would get criticized for having no balls.

I know! It's such a vicious cycle. It's ALWAYS something. Whether she does this or that, they will criticize it for not being too this or too that! Ugh, I just can't anymore. Anyway, incredible interview. Always felt the same about the "people don't care until there's tragedy."

Thing is, we are living in immense tragedy when people are being murdered in my neighborhood for being gay every two to three weeks. There are so many tragedies and yet people are unaware or don't care cause it's not happening to them. It's a horrible, horrible reality.

I don't know where people who think things are better live and i would like to know in fact because here it sucks. In a year we had millions of people marching in the streets against gays. Hatred and racism wether it's because of the colour of the skin or because of being poor is at an all time high. Just this week the roms whom whatever you think about them are humans living in inhuman conditions were blasted by officials here from the left wing and very nastily as if they were animals. Everyday is another social category of people who gets insulted by another. People have lost their minds and don't have qualms anymore about praising Marine Le Pen or having a lynch mob. It's horrible. In Greece a fascist group, auto-proclaim neo-nazi part of the government is responsible for the stabbing of a raper opposing them. 111 bodies were found in the sea after a boat full of migrant hopefuls drowned in Lampedusa last night....

On a lighter note the infamous Rocco interruption :)

As i said i don't know where you live but if things are cool there please tell me so i'll move.