Secret Project REVOLUTION! THE QUEEN OF LIFE!

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Rachelle of London

How can anyone not like "secret project" its AMAZING seriously!!!! and if you dont like it, why try and spoil other people's enjoyment! So annoying!

This is probably the most seminal text of her career. This has really touched me and she has articulated so many shared observations. I have always connected with her spirit and her love for love.

Fans were chosen privately for the event. It really has inspired me. The interview+film and the private party were really something else.

How privately? Were they trolling the forums and looking for locals then pm'ing them :)

an article from hollywoodreporter....didn't know about Elliot Smith's death circumstances...

In a 2006 interview with Qmagazine, Madonna was asked which song of the last 20 years she wished she'd written. Her answer: Elliott Smith's "Between the Bars," an aching ballad the late artist contributed to the Good Will Hunting soundtrack. On Tuesday night at an event in Manhattan launching the short film, secretprojectrevolution, part of her Art for Freedomcampaign, Madonna sang the song she wished was hers.

After being dragged on stage by two actors dressed as police officers, one of whom shoved a microphone in her hand, Madonna delivered a delicate and emotional rendering of the beloved song while accompanied only by a piano.

Halfway through the performance, a kneeling Madonna was accompanied by a masked dancer dressed head-to-toe in black who freed one her bound hands. When the song concluded, the dancer took off his balaclava to reveal his identity: none other than Madonna's 13-year-old son, Rocco.

Madonna's performance of "Between the Bars" comes less than a month before the 10th anniversary of Smith's death. The singer, who scored an Oscar nomination for another Good Will Hunting track, "Miss Misery," died Oct. 21, 2003, of stab wounds to his chest

secretprojectrevolution is Madonna's collaboration with director Steven Klein and centers on the artist being thrown in jail for perceived obscenity. It runs 17 minutes and is available for free download via BitTorrent. The film, which was broadcast via guerilla screenings in 12 cities around the world on Monday and Tuesday, is also the launch of Art for Freedom, an online public art project (in partnership with Vice) that encourages artists to submit videos, music, poetry and photographs that express their meaning of freedom.

Before the film screening and performance, Madonna made a speech before the guests explaining the reasons she made the film.

"This film, aside from my children, is to me the most important thing I've ever done," she said. "The idea of being free, and being able to express myself, not only as an artist but as a human being, is extremely important, and I do not take my freedom for granted. And it seems to me, when I travel around the world, that people are either not free and are fighting for it, or are free and taking it for granted. And both of those situations make me extremely agitated."

"God made art," she continued. "God made human beings to create art. We are channeling God when we make art. I do not doubt that for a minute and it's nobody's business to get in the way of that. Amen."

Tuesday's event was held at the Gagosian Gallery in New York's Chelsea neighborhood and was attended by CNN's Anderson Cooper, blogger Perez Hilton, Lucy Liu, Zachary Quinto, Donna Karan, Lindsay Lohan and Madonna's former husband Sean Penn.

They talked about her on Loose women today. They mentioned the secret project but talked mainly about M & Sean. One of them said together in the photo M looked like Sean's teenage daughter. :lol:

I think the whole media are baffled by her secretproject and this is the look on their faces:

tumblr_lie2nm5yhv1qa847jo1_500_large.gif

:lol2:

I think they realise that the media will come in for a lot of criticism too so they're not going to promote it. That's why she's gone online with bittorrent etc. She doesn't need the media companies to get her message out there.

This is a project that's designed to build over time with artists coming from all over the world using it as a platform to express themselves.

But yes, as soon as I saw Sean Penn, I thought I can see what the press will focus on.

have you noticed the recent Divas references...this is a constant point....

Marlene Dietriech

Bette Davis

Barbara Stanwick

now Veronica Lake

i like all these references

how can pro-freedom; pro-people's rights be boring? this project wasn't meant to entertain. are people that fucking stupid?

Thank you. I don't see how anyone can criticize the way she presents her thoughts in the film. I think the whole POINT is quite clear and that's the important thing. Whether you think she was too subtle or too corny and obvious with her presentation, I don't think anybody can really question what she's trying to say. If anyone out there thinks they can do it better, show us.....that's what this is all about. Naturally, the usual suspects nitpick it to death, reviewing it like it's a "movie".

I can't believe her project is being overshadowed by her reunion with Sean! :lmao: :lmao:

When i look at news, there's a TON of articles about her and Sean, more than about the movie itself :lol:

I am not surprised in the slightest.....the world media feeds the public what they want, gossip....everyone is hungry for it.

"Madonna Releases 17 Minute Art Film" isn't going to get the reads that "Madonna and Sean Penn Reunite" will.