Secret Project REVOLUTION!

Camacho

not everyone will try to get madonna's art. they will simply do what the video is discribing and disregard it.

I don't think that's fair. For one, I personally don't care for the film, but it's not because I don't "get" Madonna's art. I get it. I just don't like it - at least this piece of art, and not completely anyway. I think it's visually stunning and she looks great. I just think the voiceover is probably unnecessary. She would be better served using images and brief bits of spoke dialogue to convey her message. This, for me, is too dialogue heavy.

As for Rihanna, I fucking hate the bitch, but I've liked many of her videos and think it could have been cool to see some other artists involved in this or at a later stage. She's great in "Russian Roulette." I think she would have looked great in this. As far back as 2000 I've been wanting Madonna to direct another star or stars - either a music video or a film like this. I think it could be even more effective if she's not the "star" and instead directs.

Chris Tanasoff hard at work in the comment section of this hate article, we should be taking notes tbh

(SPOILER WARNING TO THOSE WHO HAVENT WATCHED IT)

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stargazing/2013/09/24/madonnas_art_for_freedom_project_launches_with_prison_dance_film.html

"WARNING: one bad word and a lot of preaching"

"She lost me when she spat “burn, baby burn” and a baby stroller spontaneously caught fire."

:laugh:

The writer obviously didn't get the irony of the "download/app" line, but she did point out one of the cliches I mentioned earlier: “I know what you're thinking: if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. But it’s too late. I’m in the kitchen and the burners are on full blaze.” Oy. At least she didn't mention fuzzy dreams or time ticking.

I don't think that's fair. For one, I personally don't care for the film, but it's not because I don't "get" Madonna's art. I get it. I just don't like it - at least this piece of art, and not completely anyway. I think it's visually stunning and she looks great. I just think the voiceover is probably unnecessary. She would be better served using images and brief bits of spoke dialogue to convey her message. This, for me, is too dialogue heavy.

As for Rihanna, I fucking hate the bitch, but I've liked many of her videos and think it could have been cool to see some other artists involved in this or at a later stage. She's great in "Russian Roulette." I think she would have looked great in this. As far back as 2000 I've been wanting Madonna to direct another star or stars - either a music video or a film like this. I think it could be even more effective if she's not the "star" and instead directs.

"WARNING: one bad word and a lot of preaching"

"She lost me when she spat “burn, baby burn” and a baby stroller spontaneously caught fire."

:laugh:

The writer obviously didn't get the irony of the "download/app" line, but she did point out one of the cliches I mentioned earlier: “I know what you're thinking: if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. But it’s too late. I’m in the kitchen and the burners are on full blaze.” Oy. At least she didn't mention fuzzy dreams or time ticking.

WTF do your wishes for Madonna's career have to do with the Secret project? You're basically saying that you're too wrapped up in your own superficial wants to like this piece of work. Totally bizarre but sadly not surprising. :-/

Here's an overview of what the secret project is all about as I think it's been lost in all the excitement.

Madonna Announces Secretprojectrevolution, An Art For Freedom Project

Madonna's secretprojectrevolution, the 17-minute film she co-directed with Steven Klein, will be unveiled on September 24th, 2013. The film launches Art For Freedom, an online global initiative to further freedom of expression, created by Madonna, curated by VICE, and distributed by BitTorrent.

"My goal is to show by the example of secretprojectrevolution my creative commitment to inspire change in the world through artistic expression. I hope my film and other submissions to Art For Freedom will be a call-to-action and give people a place to voice their own creative expression to help fight oppression, intolerance and complacency," commented Madonna.

Art For Freedom is a global digital initiative, led by Madonna, designed to fuel free speech - to respond, address and protest persecution around the world. It is an online public art project encouraging the world to express their personal meaning of freedom and revolution, in the form of video, music, poetry, and photography. Public submissions will become part of the Art For Freedom platform: contributors can join the project by uploading original artwork or tagging original posts #artforfreedom.

Art For Freedom launches with the secretprojectrevolution film distributed as a BitTorrent Bundle. The film, plus bonus content, is available to the public for free download beginning September 24 at 9pm PST (4.00am GMT). Anyone can download and unlock the secretprojectrevolution Bundle (bundles.bittorrent.com/madonna-revolution/) to receive the film, plus bonus content, for free.

The BitTorrent Bundle is a powerful new media format that's built to move freely across the Internet. It is designed to hold any file type, and any file size. And it's designed to encourage and empower free expression, beyond the Internet's walled gardens.

Fans who download the secretprojectrevolution Bundle will instantly receive stills from the film and three HD film trailers. Those who submit their email will unlock access to the Revolution film in both HD and 2K Digital Cinema resolution, an exclusive HD and 2K Digital Cinema interview with Madonna conducted by Eddy Moretti, VICE's Chief Creative Officer, as well as a special handwritten message from Madonna.

"This film operates on many levels. It examines our private prisons. It questions what we do, how we do it, and how we treat others. It questions our governments, and our collective thought patterns. Think about it - the power of art can lead to peace," commented Steven Klein.

"BitTorrent and VICE are both innovative and forward thinking which is why we chose to partner with them on the launch of 'Art for Freedom' platform and the film "secretprojectrevolution," commented Guy Oseary, Madonna's longtime manager.

"Madonna is making a bold move, putting herself out there to support those suffering under repressive regimes around the world. Art For Freedom comes from a place of real empathy and emotion. It's a reflection of a world in crisis by an artist who has decided that apathy is not an option. In one discussion, Madonna told me that she wanted to start a 'revolution of love.' How can you argue with that?" commented Eddy Moretti, Chief Creative Officer, VICE Media

"The Internet drives creativity, democratizes information, and allows people to connect with one another", shared Shahi Ghanem, Chief Strategy Officer for BitTorrent, Inc. "The new BitTorrent Bundle format captures this ideal by giving artists and publishers an entirely new, people-driven distribution tool that is limitless in quality and versatility - enabling them to connect with fans however and wherever they want. Using the Bundle format to help an iconic artist like Madonna share expression freely with the world is a perfect showcase for the technology and we're thrilled to support her efforts."

Oh yeah, thanks. Don't know how I forgot about the artforfreedom site for a moment.

Still, I'd say it's highly unlikely that other stars will play a remarkable role in this project. I mean, they surely would have stated something in the press release or at least hinted that there are still other people to take part in this project too, but they didn't at all. I could imagine some stars contributing to the artforfreedom website in some way, but I believe the press release and the short film - which definitely is one of the main pieces of the project - have made it clear it's mostly about Madonna's message.

sigh.. why do fans even need to defend her? i dont remember any of this in the mid 2000s.. she just did her thing and people and media got it. now it's like whenever she starts something new they try to simplify it. and when she's being rather simple herself and playful (see: gmayl) they act all pretentious. it's useless. and i stick to the theory that it all changed because of that copycat.

Madonna has always been they punchbag of the American society and all societies in general. She is everything they hate. They can conceive that after 30 years of doing what she wants she stills around, as a woman, powerful, expressing herself, living a great life of fame, fortune, success, a lovely family and a hot young boyfriend. it just takes out the worst of them. Madonna is the only person they haven't been able to destroy and they hate her for that.

Madonna has always been they punchbag of the American society and all societies in general. She is everything they hate.

Madonna is the only person they haven't been able to destroy and they hate her for that.

Very true. Which is what makes this project all the more amazing. Both visually and in terms of creating debate she's right back up there. It's pretty fuckin cool. The MDNA your really inspired her.

Guest Not4Pussies

Went to Mother Lode after. They played M videos all night. You should have came!

And they played Erotica (Orbit mix)....Died :faint:

Well I lost you once it started. Someone went with the cool kids haha. I left right after. Had an exam this morning. You forgot that you requested yourself on my Facebook! We need to hang out soon!

OMG, THE FILM IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! *tears*

I know! It really touched me and I'm like an autistic robot!

Madonna is also ageless and completly (well almost) free. Things they aren't. The more people are flawless the more they gonna be hated, nobody hates on the disabled hence why Gaga is protected by the press.

:lmao: Yes, I know the feeling. Poor DEMONNA. She can't help being perfect, give her a break haters! P.S did you see it?

Guess what? This artforfreedom project is the perfect tool to fight back the critics that are always sitting on such a high horse without ever proving themselves to be better or do better yet they always criticize other peoples work. With this project and that's how I understand it people shall submit their own work that fits the subject. So every critic (including fans and other artists) can no longer be passive about it and throw shade or make negative remarks without being called out for that. The project is open for everyone and everyone who submits his or hers own piece of art will add to the project but of course will be judged as well. So, everyone who thinks what Madonna did here with this short film is shit may produce something better and load it up. Walk the walk, if you will. Unfortunately most critics will be much too fearful to create something. And that separates them from real artists. And for Madonna to go there first just shows how much of an artist she really is. And this deserves some respect.

Guest Not4Pussies

I had a few people who always talk shit about Madonna, text me this morning to ask me about spr and how It was and what it is. After I told them they responded with bitchy backhanded comments. They hate on her but they cant help to be intrigued by her. On a personal note, I cant stop thinking about the film. It was like a short German art film. Beautiful, uncomfortable, powerful and poetic.