I WANT A NEW MOVIE

horn

How many years till we get what we all want  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be a razzie again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

Guest Not4Pussies

Why doesn't she just direct AND star in her own movie? Skip the audition process & just tailor-make a character to fit herself.

yes!!! a musical. she would succeed so much if she acted and directed in a musical.

Guest Not4Pussies

but that's her thing chelle, look at her acting in her own music videos and in Evita and the musical number in Swept Away. She shines!

and the way she directed F&W and W.E. with all those close ups and edits. very much like music videos

Guest Rachelle of London

but that's her thing chelle, look at her acting in her own music videos and in Evita and the musical number in Swept Away. She shines!

and the way she directed F&W and W.E. with all those close ups and edits. very much like music videos

Totally!!!! I just dont like em! looool

never hopefully, sorry, this woman cannot act

You're from New Jersey. What do you know? I met a woman yesterday who was from New York and she looked really embarrassed to tell me that her friends were from New Jersey. :rotfl: I instantly thought of this forum and pizza and too much tan and Americans who've never been to Europe calling themselves Italian and some pier with archaic looking fairground rides on it etcetera. I was dying not to laugh. :rotfl:

I looked at the thread title and was like "noooo please" LOL Whenever I think of Madonna and movies I think only "taking away from music" "wonderful, but this will be taking her away from her music."

I do sometimes wonder though if my brain has been trained to think that Madonna is not a good actress. Someone pointed out here recently I think that Madonna hasn't made the right choices in films rather that she's not a good actress. I agree with that. There are all levels of ability in acting and I also believe all different levels of the love you have for the art of acting. Madonna may not be the best actress but she is not the worst either. She excels when she is close to being herself like DSS and in something she feels she can relate to. I also think it is the person directing her. Penny Marshall I think had a lot to do with the great performance Madonna gave in A League of Their Own as she did with all the actors. She knows the actor's strengths and works with that.

The best actors can pull off any charactor. But when I think about her videos and tours, Madonna does pull off different charactors. I remember Sean Penn I think saying in an interview when asked about Madonna as an actress that her ability was untapped. I took that it hasn't found the right fit for her ability.

I think Madonna should have and still should pursue live theatre. She loves film though. As a director I thought she did a fine job. W.E. was a good movie and held my attention. I was interested in the charactors. It was beautiful to look at and I loved hearing her song at the end. She put her heart into it and you feel that. That alone makes it a worthwhile pursuit. For me though I became a fan of Madonna for her music and I think more people can relate to Madonna through her music. Some movies I get but some critics are absolutely ridiculous for knocking W.E. I actually enjoyed W.E. more than some movies that have Oscar nominations and for them to automatically dislike what Madonna does in film is unfair.

I do agree about her choices and I so agree about the inclusion of music in her movies.

Oh I did go with my intuition and picked 2016!

You're from New Jersey. What do you know? I met a woman yesterday who was from New York and she looked really embarrassed to tell me that her friends were from New Jersey. :rotfl: I instantly thought of this forum and pizza and too much tan and Americans who've never been to Europe calling themselves Italian and some pier with archaic looking fairground rides on it etcetera. I was dying not to laugh. :rotfl:

I just have to say I have very fond memories of my childhood going to Seaside Heights and Wildwood NJ as a teen. Wildwood's boardwalk has everything. I also love the beaches all along southern New Jersey from Ocean City to Cape May. New Jersey also has the best tomatoes! I have never been to Italy and I'm also half Italian. :) I know your just having fun.

thats nice dear, but that still doesn't make madonna an actress

I know that both her acting abilities and her directing efforts are not, for lack of a better term, desired, but I would honestly appreciate a well-directed/written movie. Something along the lines of Filth and Wisdom, but not as amateurish - you know, something fun and quirky with the potential to becoming a cult classic. I hope that one day she'll be able to finally realize her dream of putting out a long-living motion picture that has the Madonna Magic in it.

The only way Madonna is going to get any cred in movies as an actress is to do something that is so far removed from whom she is and something people wouldn't expect. For me, I would think she needs to be willing to do a role that is very raw and not glamorous at all. I'm not saying by doing this she would pull off a great performance, but part of me feels there is ability within her to play a good part in a well written script. Even in some of her worst acting efforts, she had many times she shined. She just needs to let go and stop trying so hard to act. She comes off too stiff and wooden. It also needs to be tied to some big time director and have another one or two well known actors/actresses, which people will be willing to go the theater. The truth is, as great as she looks on the big screen and as famous as she is as an entertainer, she isn't a box office draw. If anything, even when promoting the film, she probably should stay away from doing press and let the other actors do the press and let the her part in the film speak for itself. I know that probably wouldn't happen, being she's a huge celebrity and the executives of the film would want her to do press to draw attention to the film, but again, people aren't interested in seeing her in films, but a number of us fans.

I agree she's not the worst actress, but she isn't the best. Though, I really loved her in a number of her films that didn't do well. I love her in "Who's That Girl". Dumb movie, but pure fun to watch! Nick Finn is adorable.

I'd love her to do well in a movie but I don't think it's going to happen. If she tries a major departure, it will seem unbelievable (Gloria Tatlock?) and if it's close to her public persona then people will just say she's playing herself. Her fans and the public, are far more invested in her than any other actor which makes it difficult to see her as anyone other than Madonna, no matter how good the role or her performance.

If you look at the movies she's done that have been successful,you'll see that she does well when she's playing a small,*supporting* character,as opposed to being the 'main' star....

Dick Tracy

A League Of Their Own

Desperately Seeking Susan

When she is the main star in a film,the media considers it a "Madonna movie" and that's where the problems begin.The critics bash it (unfairly) and it inevitably flops.She gets all the blame.I think it would be better for her to do a small role in a very good film that someone else directs.I love her,but I'm not so sure that she can really 'carry' a film.

Here's an example of what she should do: I think Madonna would have been great in the movie 'Boogie Nights',playing the part that Julianne Moore played.That's the type of role she should look for.

What do you guys think about Madonna being coupled with a controversial director such as Lars Von Trier?

Apparently, Lars had Madonna in mind for the lead when he wrote Breaking the Waves. He sent it to her but never received a response so the part went to Emily Watson. I haven't seen this particular movie but his rather recognizable style may have drawn the attention away from her role/acting/ego and thus ending up with a decent movie - does that make sense?