Ask Me Anything

FreeMySoul

I just saw that on Facebook. I was going to post it myself, but you beat me to it. I have no idea what reddit is either. I'm guessing it's something like twitter where you can ask questions and get answers from celebrities?

Why reddit? That's kind of random, do her fans even post there?

I'm in fear for her cause she might be torn to shreds from the reddit regulars...

Can you explain what reddit is? I would assume she would want to go somewhere to meet other people rather than just her hardcore fans since we all have bought the DVD anyway.

reddit is just a big social message board type of place. where people talk about anything and everything.

Thanks. I never heard of it before. Do many people use it? I think most people use Facebook or twitter for that type of thing.

I've never used or been on reddit, but I know a few people who go on it regularly and they enjoy it.

I'm reading up on this IAmA/AMA thing. A lot of celebrates of have done it (ask me anything) from Obama, Larry King, Snoop Lion, Stan Lee, and many others.

Actually, I've changed my mind, this should be exciting!!!

Thanks. I never heard of it before. Do many people use it? I think most people use Facebook or twitter for that type of thing.

One of the most popular subreddits is IAmA ("I Am A") where a user may post "AMAs" (for "Ask Me Anything"), or similarly "AMAAs" ( for "Ask Me Almost Anything") – prompts for others to ask questions about any topic. AMAs are open to all Reddit users, and use the site's comment system for both questions and answers.

A number of notable individuals have participated in the IAmA subreddit, including President Barack Obama[13][14] (while campaigning for the 2012 election), Chris Hadfield[15] (who answered questions from the International Space Station), Bill Gates,[16] Ron Paul,[17] Stephen Colbert,[18] Psy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rachel Maddow, Morgan Freeman, Louis C.K., Roger Federer, Larry King, Philip Zimbardo, Stan Lee, John Mather, David Copperfield, Paul Krugman, Danny Boyle, Al Gore, Roger Ebert, Michael Bolton, Gary Johnson, Lawrence Krauss, Jill Stein, Kevin Rudd, Amanda Palmer,[19] and Tim Ferriss.[20] As of August 2013, Barack Obama's AMA is the highest rated on the site.[21] On August 29, 2012, when the AMA occurred, the increased traffic brought down many parts of the website.[22]

Celebrities participating in IAmAs have seen both positive and negative responses. Woody Harrelson's[23] AMA was criticized after Harrelson declined to answer questions that were unrelated to the movie "Rampart" he was promoting.[24] In contrast, rapper Snoop Lion attracted 1.6 million page views[25] after conducting an AMA that provided several candid responses to the community's questions.[26]

So yes, a lot of people use it

Reddit is pretty huge. They call themselves the "front page of the Internet." It's pretty much a collection of all things news / random / everything really.

AMAs are VERY popular and many stars do them. When a star mentions a product or website they like during an AMA, it's been known to crash the website mentioned, or cause a company to sell out of whatever product a celeb might mention, that's how many people usually follow along. And that's with stars much less known than M. Hers will be huge.

And users can rate a star's AMA based on how cool / honest they're being. Woody Harrelson once did an AMA and didn't "get it." All he did was try and promote shit and that doesn't fly. Some of that is to be expected but it's mainly to do a Q&A in a fun format.

Edit to add - Madonna has her own sub-Reddit btw. http://www.reddit.com/r/Madonna/

Also an FYI - during the actual AMA, the questions will be coming in a million-a-minute and it's hard to keep up.

She'll only be able to answer so many within the time allotted and it can be kinda hard to follow with all the action going on.

But after it's over, Reddit will usually edit it all, so you can read the questions she did answer in a less chaotic way, all in a row. So often, I'll until after the AMA is over to read it all at once.

Can I register there?

There need to be some people who ask her questions about a new album and stuff like that! I'm afraid though that all the questions will revolve around her family, Gaga, gyms, perfumes and Brahim again.

Guest rayoflightCOADF

There need to be some people who ask her questions about a new album and stuff like that! I'm afraid though that all the questions will revolve around her family, Gaga, gyms, perfumes and Brahim again.

OMG YES YES YES! Please for the love of God I don't care about Gaga or her gyms I care about the Freaking music!!! PLEASE someone ask about the music and possible Glastonbury slot!

Why are you saying "please ask, please ask"

Join reddit and ask yourself! :p

I have tons of things to ask, but I wanna see if she'll respond about the faulty production errors in the MDNA bluray dvds

So I registed there, but my god, how confusing is this place? Ok, there seem to be dozens of communities called "subreddits", all having different themes. But what is it all about? Everywhere are those random picture and video posts and you just can't really do anything besides commenting or rating. And where the heck is the thread for Madonna's Q&A announcement? How will one even be able to ask her something? :huh:

Messy site...

Why are you saying "please ask, please ask"

Join reddit and ask yourself! :p

I have tons of things to ask, but I wanna see if she'll respond about the faulty production errors in the MDNA bluray dvds

I live in Denmark I have to go to bed

Monsters are preparing to join in and drag her, they already made a thread about it on ATRL

:huh: