What kind of an album do you want from Madonna next?

Pop

What kind of an album do you want Madonna next?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I want something like...

• THE FAME (dance pop, synth pop, electroclash, fun, dance music)
    • THE FAME MONSTER (a shorter concept EP with a darker undertone, euro dance with goth and glam rock elements)
    • BORN THIS WAY (80s/90s empowerment music mixed with german house, heavy metal and disco influences)
    • ARTPOP (electropop mixed with urban/trap influences, highly conceptual)

Guest Xanthium

I love how Pop riles all of you up :rotfl: You're all so fucking gullible :lmao:

And to answer the question, I think Madonna needs to cool her jets with the all dance shtick. It's been done and it's time to move on. I would love to see something more artistic again, where she goes out of her comfort zone. I want something darker, more industrial, more trip hop, like a blending of Nine Inch Nails and Portishead. Of course, it would have her own spin on it and be purely Madonna but it would move past the Disco Queen persona. I also want really great lyrics, complex and insightful a la Erotica.

Funny that Poop's mocking this forum while he himself signed up here, already reaching more than 300 posts after a few weeks, just to convince people here about the qualities of his own idol while pretending to like Madonna.

tumblr_lxttuwhigp1qf8q17o2_400.gif

Everybody who voted in the poll should be banned. :queenbitch:

I'm a bit confused though. Is this thread a case study of autism? It seems like the same things are written over and over...

:laugh: What a stupid cunt Poop is.

Anyway, to qoute Xanthie's post:

I would love to see something more artistic again, where she goes out of her comfort zone. I want something darker, more industrial, more trip hop, like a blending of Nine Inch Nails and Portishead. Of course, it would have her own spin on it and be purely Madonna but it would move past the Disco Queen persona. I also want really great lyrics, complex and insightful a la Erotica.

Yes, Yes and Yes!

I love how Pop riles all of you up :rotfl: You're all so fucking gullible :lmao:

And to answer the question, I think Madonna needs to cool her jets with the all dance shtick. It's been done and it's time to move on. I would love to see something more artistic again, where she goes out of her comfort zone. I want something darker, more industrial, more trip hop, like a blending of Nine Inch Nails and Portishead. Of course, it would have her own spin on it and be purely Madonna but it would move past the Disco Queen persona. I also want really great lyrics, complex and insightful a la Erotica.

Good idea. That would be something slightly different for her, but still in the world of electronic music which she could pull off. People are always going about how they want organic music with live instruments but I'm not sure how she could do that and still be herself. I think Madonna and electronic music go together well. She has done some trip hop influenced tracks in the past so we know that is something that does sound good with her voice. The new Nine Inch Nails records is really great by the way.

So pop has been pooped, at least they got to say bye, what a odd poll, I really hope there are not 4 people here that think Ms album should be like BTW, surely the votes where just troll feeding right?

Guest Xanthium

The new NIN album is brilliant and the first three singles are quite dancey, especially for him. There are plenty of other avenues in the electronic music genre that Madonna could go down and still be dancey or beat oriented. Madonna has become way too complacent in recent years. She's not musically adventurous like she used to be. I don't think she's feeling particularly inspired sonically as of late. Which is not to say she's not making good music but she's definitely not pushing herself. I think Hard Candy is a great homage to Prince and '70s/'80s soul and MDNA is arguably her catchiest record ever but these records are not her at her best. Her last great record IMO was COADF which was an homage but also a brilliant modern dance record. It was a tour de force.

Guest The Full Monty

MDNA is a great album.It just suffered from poor promotion and questionable singles.When Madonna promotes an album aggressively (like she did for COADF),her album does very well.

Truth right here :laugh:

Love this thread!

It's undeniable proof that M fans are more reasonable, tolerant and SECURE over little morons. After all, there's no lady gaga forum that would allow a pure M fan to hit 300 posts on their site — enabling them access to start their own threads — before getting banned. Hell, gaga fan sites even ban her own fans if they post anything less than ass-kissing cuz little miss sensitive is so insecure.

Thank you, Pop, for this perfect illustration. Now kindly let the door hit ya where the good lord spit ya.

I would love for her to make an album that's a mix between jazz, R&B and electro with a light touch of dark, middle eastern sounds (a la Fairuz in Erotica) that's sexy, mature, but still fresh and a still pop, but not too pop. Lots of piano, bass guitar, hard beats and percussion with Madonna's incredibly deep and sexy spoken voice. Something I can listen to as I sit next to a pool with a ciggie and a glass of champagne just feeling like a classy bitch who wants her pussy rubbed nice and soft, not too hard.

Pop, NO SHADE, but do not post Beyoncé GIFs. As the resident Bey loon of these forums, I won't allow it. Thnx.

As for M, something funky! NO, not like HC, but more instrumental. Somewhat jazzy, lotsa drums, horns, upbeat. I want music, not electronics.

Guest Xanthium

I would love for her to make an album that's a mix between jazz, R&B and electro with a light touch of dark, middle eastern sounds (a la Fairuz in Erotica) that's sexy, mature, but still fresh and a still pop, but not too pop. Lots of piano, bass guitar, hard beats and percussion with Madonna's incredibly deep and sexy spoken voice. Something I can listen to as I sit next to a pool with a ciggie and a glass of champagne just feeling like a classy bitch who wants her pussy rubbed nice and soft, not too hard.

Yes! I could totally go for something that's jazzy, Middle Eastern-influenced, or old-school soul with lots of horns and percussion. I was totally thinking something like Secret Garden.

Yes, she is a very successful touring act.

But if she wants to be truly relevant in pop music again, she's gonna need a real hit. She hasn't had one since "Hung Up" and that was almost a decade ago.

Madonna's tours routinely gross over $300 million.And,by the way,she has sold over 300 million records in her career.How much more "successful" do you need her to be??

So those $180 MILLION just fell from the skies? :Disco_Ball:

Beyonce-laughing.gif

that figure is misleading.Gaga's last tour was not sold out.She had trouble selling out many venues,which is the REAL reason why some dates were cancelled.

LADY GAGA Applause 7401 6049 1352 46.949[/size]

+261 spins[/size]

+212 bullet[/size]

+1.956 AI[/size]

Applause is blowing up on radio and is selling strong in the Top 5 after a month of being released. Madonna wishes she had this kind of longevity in sales with Give Me All Your Luvin. [/size]

Lady Gaga had to come up with a few "gimmicks" just to get the fans to buy her single.Some of her fans were even offering sexual favors to other fans who could prove that they bought multiple copies!! LOL...so if the single is moving up the charts,we all know the REAL reason why :)

Lady Gaga desperately tweets she's number one as 'Applause' crashes and burns

August 15, 2013

On Thursday afternoon, Lady Gaga once again falsely tweeted information to try and inflate her success. She claims she is number one wordwide on iTunes. The problem, as indicated by several blogs and an iTunes tracker site is that in several countries, Gaga's 'Applause' is dropping like a huge stone.

Despite having a contest which gave special gifts to fans who downloaded multiple copies of "Applause" and displayed their receipts, "Gaga's new song hasdropped 36 percent in sales since yesterday. It now sits at number 3 behind Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines." A 36 percent decrease in sales is very unusual for a song, especially one that is hyped up as the biggest song of the year and one in which even Gaga's fans areprostituting themselves for online.

In the United Kingdom, where the song was also expected to hit number one, the song has already dropped to number 4. The good news is that instead of dropping 36 percent like she did in the United States, England appreciates her slightly more as she has dropped slightly less -- 33 percent. Lady Gaga drops 24 percent in Canada, 19 percent in France and 12 percent in Germany.

Some of these numbers may not seem that bad, but one has to keep in mind that "Applause" was only released a couple days ago. The drop in sales is unprecedented for such a hyped song. It's important to note that unlike in Lady Gaga's imaginary tweets, the song certainly isn't number one in any major country worldwide and will probably not even be in the top ten by next week.

There is worse news for the Madonna wannabee: An iTunes rep tells us that had Gaga's numbers not been goosed by several fans buying as many as 300 copies each, numbers would have been far worse. "In the United States, 'Applause' is set to sell between 200,000 and 250,000 copies this week. But without the multiple purchases, sales would probably be between 170,000 and 200,000. I've never seen any artist so desperate to inflate their numbers," the rep tells us.

If iTunes sales don't work out, Gaga can always count on YouTube views. She has asked fans to refresh her video several times. This is significant in that Billboard now considers YouTube views for charting songs. Some Gaga fans have watched her clip more than 1,000 times. This desperation certainly represents the fall of Lady Gaga, who used to be very influential on the pop music scene.