I WANT A NEW ALBUM

elijah

How many years till we get what we all want  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be an eternity again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

NO, she should choose guy who did: I Fucked Up, Beautiful Killer, I Dont Give A F.

NO, she should choose the Demolition Crew and develop the Gang Bang path. That is something i wanna see.

If she wants to stick within the electronic genre I do hope she brings back Mirwais.

Fuck no. He killed her comercial relevance in USA for good. AL was all time low as far as dance music goes. It was dance music unsuitable for dancing.

I think if Madonna wants to stick within the electronic genre she should concentrate on showing growth: which means doing album ala ROL: first WRITING solid pop song with strong pop melodies and lyrics with talanted songwriters: Pat Leonard, Joe Henry, Rick Nowels and David Foster. Then those songs should be reworked, reconstructed to sound electronic, ambient and to add to them LAYERS by Madonna and Stuart Price or William Orbit.

Whats sure is that the album would be a success.

Im kinda tired of hearing fans clinging on the past producers like Leotard, Mirwais, Orbit, Stuart and even Stephen Bray (never gonna happen).

As good as those were at the time, please no. She dragged Orbit back from the grave and as much as I like some of his songs on MDNA, its only a reminder of ROL.

I want someone new.

And electronica thing is kinda getting old too.

I can deffinately see her working with Leonard again: she did come back to him after 8 years after all and everything they have collaborate on has always been a success. All that I ve mentioned could possibly be brought back by her to work on an album with the exception of David Foster.

Guest Borderline

Personally, I'd like to hear Madonna do an unabashedly pop album (think Robyn's "Body Talk" or Tegan & Sara's "Heartthrob"). Great melodies, great hooks. The next album just needs to be more cohesive, not a grab bag of sounds.

Guest SecretGarden

Fuck no. He killed her comercial relevance in USA for good. AL was all time low as far as dance music goes. It was dance music unsuitable for dancing.

I think if Madonna wants to stick within the electronic genre she should concentrate on showing growth: which means doing album ala ROL: first WRITING solid pop song with strong pop melodies and lyrics with talanted songwriters: Pat Leonard, Joe Henry, Rick Nowels and David Foster. Then those songs should be reworked, reconstructed to sound electronic, ambient and to add to them LAYERS by Madonna and Stuart Price or William Orbit.

Whats sure is that the album would be a success.

Listen, Madonna is 55, she probably isn't gonna have another blockbuster album again, so who cares about commercial relevance; I definitely don't. Also I said electronic, not dance, American Life isn't a dance album but an electronic folk one, and it was an album that showed growth. What you want, judging from you post, is another Confessions on a Dancefloor, I don't, what I want is an album that has Madonna's stamp on it, and say what you will about American Life it definitely had a passion behind it that's been vacant from her music since.

Guest rayoflightCOADF

I just want a new album. Knowing Guy O he will push her to tour (of course) and that equals FUN FUN FUN! Plus with her new man loving touring along with Rocco its a no brainer

didn't she mention last year that she wanted a more organic sound on her next album? i know she changes her mind often, but i cudda sworn she said that towards the end of last year whoever she works with, im sure it'll be magic. 30 years into her career, and not one bad album, so i'm not worried at all

Madonna has a 3 album contract with LiveNation I think. What I don't know if this MDNA Tour double CD counts as another album from the contract or they must be 3 studio albums.

I hope we will have next album in 2014. Probably November 2014? I really hope so!!

Madonna has a 3 album contract with LiveNation I think. What I don't know if this MDNA Tour double CD counts as another album from the contract or they must be 3 studio albums.

I hope we will have next album in 2014. Probably November 2014? I really hope so!!

:tigger:

November 2014 would be the ideal release date! She could start the album in January and have it all ready for release in November,just in time for the holiday shopping season.Right now would be a perfect time for her to be listening to demos and deciding who she wants to work with and what direction she wants to go in.

yes a new album.

focus on songwriting the next couple of months, hit the studio in april, finish it by august. release the first single end october. release the album in november.......promote the hell out of it. tour summer 2014.

hi,

Madryan summed up what I've being trying to say with the word "gestate." That would have saved me so much writing. Thanks.

Glindathegood:

Do you think that if LAP had been released on MDNA or Hard Candy it would eventually become the "classic" that it is having been released during her heyday? I actually don't think so. Let's be real: it's a pop song, not Beethoven's 5th. I don't think that most people would give it a chance to flourish. This is why I originally suggested that she release new stuff in a non-restrictive fashion so that she isn't left with the tour as the sole means of showcasing new material.

So, say she releases an album within the next two years and immediately goes on tour; we'll be back where we are now - liking the new songs, but lining up to see LAP again in a nostalgic haze.

Can't we give new material our luvin'

In understand what you are trying to say, but if LAP was released on HC or MDNA in its original form it would would have become her classic. It has nothing to do with her current popularity. A great and perfect song will never be ignored.

I don't care abou her success on the charts, I care about her creativity and music quality. HC and MDNA are some of her weakest albums, we all know she is able to make better things. Her problem is that she follows the crowd.

Obviously you didn't listen to all her albums.

HC? LAV? MDNA?

MDNA is not a bad album but it lacked a couple of strong singles that would pull in the listeners.i m sure she stil has the potential of delivering a "Music" or a "frozen" once more.I just hope it's soon.

MDNA is not a bad album but it lacked a couple of strong singles that would pull in the listeners.i m sure she stil has the potential of delivering a "Music" or a "frozen" once more.I just hope it's soon.

I think I m Addicted, Love Spent and BKiller are strong song who if released in this order would ve really made difference... She simlpy chose the wrong singles this time. The same thing with HC where Devil and TBGO should ve been released...

I think I m Addicted, Love Spent and BKiller are strong song who if released in this order would ve really made difference... She simlpy chose the wrong singles this time. The same thing with HC where Devil and TBGO should ve been released...

i don't think they would be very successful even though i love them and still listen to them. They are just not classic single material.i agree with you about the poor judgement on singles for the last couple of albums.but that was always the case with M.I'm still overwelmed that she didn t release "To have and not to hold".

i don't think they would be very successful even though i love them and still listen to them. They are just not classic single material.i agree with you about the poor judgement on singles for the last couple of albums.but that was always the case with M.I'm still overwelmed that she didn t release "To have and not to hold".

I think ROL singles were perfectly chosen. So were COADF. AL, HC and MDNA were wrong though. And I think IA LS and BK are up there with her great songs... Much better choices...

I think ROL singles were perfectly chosen. So were COADF. AL, HC and MDNA were wrong though. And I think IA LS and BK are up there with her great songs... Much better choices...

i m so curious about how things would go if she chose for first single IA and followed it with BK.Just imagine the videos

i m so curious about how things would go if she chose for first single IA and followed it with BK.Just imagine the videos

OMG they would have been killer, my neighbour! Hows athens? :)

Obviously you didn't listen to all her albums.

HC? LAV? MDNA?

lav is actually one of my fav. albums by her! i know i may be in the minority with that. and hc is great besides the awful spanish lesson song.Incredible and heartbeat being my favorites on the album