I WANT A NEW ALBUM

elijah

How many years till we get what we all want  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be an eternity again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

I would love for her to do something less restrictive than albums. Throw smash singles out there like Roisin Murphy; release 3 EPs in one year like Robyn; record a crazy two-part operetta like Justin T. (but less boring).

In any case, would it be crazy for her to start touring before or in anticipation of a new album?

At this point, we know what the priorities are. And fans would go nuts if they knew that going to a concert could get them new music they never heard before, or that's going to come out soon. It would also be a great way to test what song to release, since clearly they've had no idea for about eight years now.

I vote for Sep 2014.

I would love for her to do something less restrictive than albums. Throw smash singles out there like Roisin Murphy; release 3 EPs in one year like Robyn; record a crazy two-part operetta like Justin T. (but less boring).

I agree that she should do something non-restrictive (I have ideas as to what but that's for another thread). It was mentioned above that she just doesn't seem to be into it anymore; so there is no point in forcing new music, let alone an entire album which would only serve to placate the 12 fans who actually care about the album format. Either wait for a masterpiece or ditch the traditional album - I'm so sick of albums - blah. Albums are for people who have a lot to say: all she has to say for the foreseeable future is "perfume, clothing line, gyms!"

Edited by cruncher9123

What's restrictive about an album? The problem with singles or EP's is that you might not like the songs. But with her albums even with the ones that I like less, there are always a few tracks that I think are amazing. With an album, there's more chance there will be at least a couple of songs you love.

since her contract expires in 2017 with Live Nation she might pull an identical MDNA album+tour non-traditional promo with either her following or last album.

I believe she will direct another movie and then record the new album, tie in promo for the both of them and then tour in 2015.

In 2017 she might pull a MDNA album+tour move.

I over played the shit out of MDNA last year so I've been ready for a new album since January, so I hope she gets her arse in the studio soon and forgets about venturing into another movie project. At least for now anyway.

I think it would be great if we have like 3 singles before the album. The LS, BK and IA of the album though :).

:thumbsup:

as i said other times...imagine a whole stadium singing a long to Ls and not just the golden triangle....

Whenever Madonna is recording a new album news come really suddenly. I mean, first rumours start and then a month later there's real new about producers and collab. So it's very easy that she may have a new album next spring, for example.

But i think they learned the lesson and they will promote next album properly, so i guess it's more like a sept/oct 2014 single, followed by the album, and tour in 2015, with long enough time to promote the album and then prepare the tour.

It would be heaven if she releases the first single in Feb 2014, the second in May, the third in August and the album in September/October :).

I m glad most think it would be 2014, but I m dreading the movies news we are getting might turn out true in which case we l be lucky to get an lp in 2016 :(.

Guest bluejean

This may sound weird but I actually don't care much about a new album. I mean if she gets inspired and doesn't something great I am all for it.

But as it is that feels unlikely atm so i'd almost prefer to see her tour just old songs instead. She has such a great endless catalogue of great music. I am sure at some stage she'll do a new album with great music but I just think that would be afew years away. So maybe she should just do a tour on its own. I don't want to say a Greatest Hits tour. Just something where she creates another great show and picks some of her hits and favourite album tracks for it. Could be interesting.

Guest bluejean

Or alternatively she could create a show, pick some classic songs to include in it then also write songs specifically for the show and make an album out of those songs. That is more likely to produce something inspired. I just get the feeling the visuals/performances excite her more than the songs themselves. That's why Gang Bang was so fabulous, because it really gives you a great visual even when just listening to it.

2014 - august - new album (MTV promo), September - tour start: Japan, Australia, NZ, / October - November - Dec.: USA, Canada, Eu (album similarly to AL, tour to RIt-our, all related to secret project theme)

2015 - spring, start on new film + editing film

2016 - promo for new film + summer, start working on new album

2017 - march new album, may - december tour

2014 - august - new album (MTV promo), September - tour start: Japan, Australia, NZ, / October - November - Dec.: USA, Canada, Eu (album similarly to AL, tour to RIt-our, all related to secret project theme)

2015 - spring, start on new film + editing film

2016 - promo for new film + summer, start working on new album

2017 - march new album, may - december tour

just no

I doubt we will have to wait that long.

She probably wants to burn out through this contract as fast as possible. She'll churn out an album after 2 weeks in the studio again and go on tour to collect that $$$.

I hope I'm wrong and she gets inspired and gives us another Ray Of Light or Confessions On A Dance Floor, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to admit,I'm getting impatient for a new album! I'm not really interested in this so-called "secret project".I want some new music! I predict she will enter the studio in January and spend the first half of 2014 recording a new album that will be released in November or December.Wishful thinking on my part...LOL

I'm pretty sure that we're getting the album on November of 2014, she doesn't have a project now and she will be bored soon, maybe she will start recording on February and will finish on May, well maybe the album in September.

this would be great! Start recording the album in early 2014,then release it in November.The tour can start in June 2015.Sounds perfect!

I doubt we will have to wait that long.

She probably wants to burn out through this contract as fast as possible. She'll churn out an album after 2 weeks in the studio again and go on tour to collect that $$$.

I hope I'm wrong and she gets inspired and gives us another Ray Of Light or Confessions On A Dance Floor, but I'm not holding my breath.

Which album did she record in 2 weeks?

The length of time it takes to record an album means nothing. Gaga has been working on Artpop for 2 years and from what we've heard so far it's all doo-doo.

Song writing and recording is 2 different thing.

Madge will have to decide the genre, get inspire, write the lyrics/tunes, work with the musician/producer, have an idea how the song would sounds like, arrangement, recording demo etc... these processes may take a few months or years before proceed to the recording studio.

Since $$$ for using the recording studio is expensive, therefore one will have to be well prepared and know what they want before they step into the studio (unless one owns it).

I voted for next year, but an Autumn release this time. It's time to shake it up a bit and attempt to "reinvent the wheel" again because the last one was a bumpy ride. I really liked the MDNA era, but this multitask product endorsements/launches really need to be delegated as side projects next time.

If the next album is going to be HC or MDNA VOL.2, then I don't want her to make next album. She needs to inspired, I want the strenght of her old and great works (LAP, E,BS, ROL), more organic sound, experiments, and she definitely should stay away from vocoders and electropop. I like electrpop, but every song shouldn't be in that style.

Now that the "secret project" is all finished and ready for release,hopefully she is now inspired,energized and excited about making making music again.There was an Examiner article from a few weeks back,that said she would enter the studio in September.Well...it's now September :)

What's restrictive about an album? The problem with singles or EP's is that you might not like the songs. But with her albums even with the ones that I like less, there are always a few tracks that I think are amazing. With an album, there's more chance there will be at least a couple of songs you love.

Hmm.., Maybe the album format in not restrictive in and of itself, but I do think that the "impact" or "essence" of a pop album is severely diminished without some sort of marker that will tie the songs down in our memory, for example. I think that a time and place needs to be marked down in our consciousness in order to fully realize the full potential of a song, otherwise it's just a tree falling in a forest where no one can hear. Without music videos that cannot be seen, without promo, without life experiences that can serve as "markers" we get an MDNA. I personally love MDNA and consider it a full and complete album, but pop songs are essentially without value if they do not connect with a cultural time-and-place regardless if they are good or not. Maybe this is why many fans connect with her older stuff, but constantly criticize her new work - because their youth played a part in connecting life events to the music.

I just think that the traditional album serves no purpose in Madonna's NEW world of uneventful releases, poorly-made music videos, and diminished album sales. She needs some sort of spectacle to connect the music to the culture. She is a pop star, after all.