APPRECIATE : Girl Gone Wild

cross

Love the tour performance and video and I think that it would have worked well on tv as a promo performance

But as a song it's most unsatisfactory

Not even the heights of ADEQUATE

True dat Dr L. The fact that she had absolutely zero input into the damn thing shines through so clearly (except removing the patron/cameraphone reference and replacing it with er...away/tanqueray :chuckle:) It's just so un-Madonna

The 1st 3 songs segue really well. GGW being the intro, girl falling for the boy, going wild emotionally. GB is the girl getting revenge after being done wrong. Despite the hurt that she feels she's still addicted to his love. It's like a mini story.

The 1st 3 songs segue really well. GGW being the intro, girl falling for the boy, going wild emotionally. GB is the girl getting revenge after being done wrong. Despite the hurt that she feels she's still addicted to his love. It's like a mini story.

But what about the CLIMAX that is Papa Don't Preach!?

Super short, and yet, my favorite part of the entire opening section :drama:

Guest Pud Whacker

Love the tour performance and video and I think that it would have worked well on tv as a promo performance

But as a song it's most unsatisfactory

Not even the heights of ADEQUATE

But what about the CLIMAX that is Papa Don't Preach!?

Super short, and yet, my favorite part of the entire opening section :drama:

Yes, the entire 1st section of the tour is pure theater. I was talking about the 1st 3 songs on the album though, even if GGW is a bit genetic it works really well withing the context of the album. Before they butchered up the track list the first 5 songs tell a fuller story. GGW, GB, IA, SG and IDGA

Oh, pud!

Sorry everyone for bringing up Gargoyle in this purely Madonna thread but I just realized that OYH and THE VIDEO are what Artpop tries too hard to be yet so miserably FAILS. The video turns a superb song about the push/pull struggles of love into an incisive and revealing commentary on fame, involving public and media perceptions and expectations of celebrities or performers, voyeurism, finding affirmation (yes, applause) from the right places, etc. All without being too literal (allowing us several interpretations about its meanings) and with an aesthetic that sticks and not all over the place.

This video is right up there as one of the best by anyone EVER. True ART and wonderfully POP

Guest sambassile

Off topic :

Any relatively new house/trance remixes of Get Together? I want to introduce some younger people i know to this great track.

I listen to this song so many times b/c it's too much fun, and i really like how Madonna sings the song. I would probably not like this song performed by any of the current pop divas. I agree the video looks truely amazing, but I continue to feel she repeated herself here instead of trying to do something visually more original.

The anecdote about Brahim and the B Boys not wanting to put heels on and "the boss" coming in and telling em wear em or get out is hilarious. :rotfl: Madonna ain't taking nobodies misogynistic/homophobic shit. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't really like this song.

After listening to the entire MDNA album, I started to like it 'cos the rest are kinda bore.

I really like the desi i ire... fi i i re... wi i i re...

The chorus could have been better.

GGW is my favourite song on the album!!!!

Love the fact that the boss demanded the bboyzz to put the heals on lol

But I ve always thought looking at you tube vids that the dancer with his hair in a bun dont know is name.. felt embassassed and didnt want to do it

But I ve always thought looking at you tube vids that the dancer with his hair in a bun dont know is name.. felt embassassed and didnt want to do it

His name is Marvin and I also always felt that he was uncomfortable.

I really like it because it harks back to the Erotica album for me from the point she sings 'It's so hypnotic...' I loved the video, especially the dance segment...the dig at Caca at the end was also a nice touch. I love the MDNA tour version too. The song is obviously not on par with the Madonna canon like Vogue, Into the Groove or Like a Prayer but it's definitely on par with songs like Deeper and Deeper and Gambler. I loved the fact that GGW saw the return of one of my all-time favourite Madonna looks too:

Madonna%20Sex%20Book%201992%20(5).jpg?m=

Same with Brahim mincing about in this and Vogue. Any b-boy cred went out the window. I remember at the London show, he looked self-conscious on stage.

Same with Brahim mincing about in this and Vogue. Any b-boy cred went out the window. I remember at the London show, he looked self-conscious on stage.

Wasnt Guy at the London show? That's probably more so the reason I believe lol

I like the song much more now after watching the concert. Besides, i LOVE those mashups with Applause, this song with a better voice (not the chipnuk crow) and more up to date production would have been a MONSTER HIT!