MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

It's 17 posts and you don't have to wonder. The negative reviews on amazon.de are piling up and they stopped selling it themselves for now. I'm watching the blu-ray right now. IDGA is a joke. It looks like it's snowing throughout the song. It's grainy as hell, contures are completely washed out and nothing is ever fully sharp. The 5.1 mix is terrible in most parts. The center channel is way to low, the music generally too low and the audience often too loud. When you switch to DD 2.0 it doesn't get better, actually worse. Now you don't hear the audience and it sounds like a studio recording. None of this was this bad on the Epix version.

We watched the show on blu ray in the afternoon. And we loved it. Yes the picture is grainy in parts, but I did not see it as an error. The sound was great too. I don't know..........Have to watch it again.

I'm watching it right now. And OMG. It's a fucking desaster. As Wunderkind already said IDGA is so awful. Especially the sound. Its starts really loud with the Kalakan trio and all of a sudden it's really quite. And now there is this Best friend interlude. You can hear her sing but the music is in the background and the sound FX are louder than the rest. And the picture has a heavy filter.

There's obviously a problem as it was recalled. Either different territories have used different masters or those who see nothing wrong with it have nothing to compare it to and so think it's fine. I mean some ppl didn't see anything wrong with the epix online stream which was a complete disaster compared to the proper HD rip that showed up later.

Of course I didn't stop watching. But I'm really confused. The audio really is bad. There seems to be something wrong. There is no way that this could be her vision. But when it comes to the video I'm afraid I'm not so sure anymore. And if this was truly what she intended then I'm disappointed actually. It's such a polished show and it's full of details and it looked spectacular in real life but there is nothing left because of all those filters. Except for the last part starting with LAV. Under those circumstances there really is no need to release it on Blu Ray. We already knew from the Epix broadcast that the stage and much of the background projection had to take the backseat. Considering how epic those parts were it is actually a pity. And what shocked me the most was the treatment of EY / GMYL. They went overboard with the editing. The whole part is so stressful to watch and it should come with a warning. I'm sure there might be sensitive people out there who could suffer from an epileptic attack. There is no chance to realize how great the whole thing really is. People who complained about the editing of the Confessions Tour will have a field day with this.

If the way it is presented here is really her vision I can respect it. And I might even understand the overall idea behind it. But I have to admit that in this shape and form it is not what I have witnessed in person and I think it is a wasted opportunity to bring this great production to an audience that hasn't had the chance to see it live. For me the production itself was so strong and impressive enough it didn't need this kind of treatment. I would have prefered a purer presentation without all those technical gimmicks which were ultimately distracting. Interestingly she used a similar type of editing and camera work for W.E. But for W.E. it really worked. It made sense why she decided to use this kind of film for this scene and this kind for another. Here it makes no sense at all. It's really random.

Okay, I still hope there were problems during the production and some issues will be solved, If not? Well, I guess I will watch the MDNA tour on youtube since most fan videos capture the show the way I like it. Less like a concert movie.

:lmao: How did they mess up THIS BAD?

Right now i'm just waiting for a Blu-Ray rip to download (so far i only saw the DVD)...in a few weeks once this mess over, i'll buy it.

From what i can see Australia doesn't have this issue...probably American won't have it either...it's just some European countries like Germany, Belgium, etc...

I went to the store today but they dont have it until the 10th. But the stories here are terrible. I just cant understand why the quality is so shitty.

i am not buying it on the release date, i'll wait and see the reviews.

but i will still get it no matter what babies - i am confident the US/CANADA/BRAZIL wont have the problems, esp. if austrailia dont. :tigger:

yeah who da fuck is in charge of all this!??!?! needs to be fired asap. :madonna2:

There's obviously a problem as it was recalled. Either different territories have used different masters or those who see nothing wrong with it have nothing to compare it to and so think it's fine. I mean some ppl didn't see anything wrong with the epix online stream which was a complete disaster compared to the proper HD rip that showed up later.

It was???? :confused:

Interscope is the new Warner!

Hmm, I wouldn't say so. Warner never did a recall for Celebration. But they did correct the issues, like 8 months after the fact.

It seems as though some kind if progress is being made for this bluray/dvd