MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

I just talked to a lady from Universal Music here in Berlin. She had already heard about the issue and the bad reviews at amazon. She forwarded it to the Universal headquarters in the USA to figure out what went wrong. She promised to contact me via email when she hears something.

Well I see Amazon.de are no longer selling the Blu/DVD. It's just resellers that have it for sale now. I wonder how the Oz version that some here have looks?

That's a clear sign then. Something was screwed up in the production. Shit happens I guess.

True but they should have postponed it instead of allowing a shit product to hit the shelves. If they can do it in one territory.....

Someone's saying that as well as the VHS picture quality, the DTS mix has front and rear channels missing! :chuckle: If they used that to create the CD/download then that explains why it sounds so damn awful.

The whole thing sounds exactly like that horrible grainy epix streaming version (not the tv version)

i ain't buying the blu-ray again for chart positions lol! That's crap that they don't count yesterdays sales, what a stupid rule. I'm still buying the cd though.

It's all about the chart week. Sales are counted from Friday through to Thursday and everything is reported electronically. Record companies have to let ARIA know when they want their product to chart in advance of its release. Interscope officially released the DVD today (the first day of the new chart week), so the DVD won't (and can't) chart until next week. If yesterday's sales were included in the tally, then MDNA would have eight days' worth of sales counting towards the chart (compared to everyone else's seven days). This wouldn't be fair. Ultimately, it's up to music stores to respect the record companies' wishes regarding when they want the product to be put on sale, but most merchants don't care, because to them, a sale is a sale, regardless of when it happens. :)

I never ever complain about Madonna but I'm really dissapointed in the vocals. She sounds paper thin through the whole thing unfortunately. Granted I've not seen the show yet and I'm just listening to it on my little headphones. The sound quality isn't the greatest either. S&S really pumped and sounded great, this not so. GMAYL sounds great tho.

Where's Carly? If her copy isn't screwed up then it was most likely just whatever region Berlin received.

Germany = Region B/2

Region B/2 = Most of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand

*goes to record store to ask wtf is happening*

Carly was blown away by the show, so it doesn't look like the Australian BR discs are faulty. I've only got the DVD, so can't comment yet (I'm getting the BR tomorrow - it was sold out when I tried to get it).

Guest bluejean

Hang on.

I just watched the Bluray and I didn't notice any errors. Keep in mind this is the first time I've bought a Bluray. What's the deal? Looked fine to me.

Hang on.

I just watched the Bluray and I didn't notice any errors. Keep in mind this is the first time I've bought a Bluray. What's the deal? Looked fine to me.

Then it seems the Australian release wasn't effected by the production fuck-up.. Seems to be a Europe-only problem.

Guest Xanthium

I just cancelled my Amazon UK pre-order for the 2CD-DVD set. It said it was being sold by Amazon EU so I'm not taking the risk of buying a shit copy. It was already gonna be a lot of money for me to spend on an import just to have the audio on a physical copy. I'm already getting the US Blu ray and iTunes download for the album. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME for production issues.

My local record store hasn't received the Blu-Ray/DVD/CD, though they usually receive new releases on Fridays.

However, it happens that releases my major act sometimes arrive in the stores on the actual street date, and they haven't been notified of any delays by Universal Denmark.

I noticed a glitch at the beginning of HU, when they r putting her in chains :confused:

It sorta looks like an effect, but 4 a split second there's some 'green' that looks like

a proper glitch :confused:

I am so mad right now!!! Had the BluRay in the mail today and was so excited to see it...but I can only agree with the horrible reviews on the German amazon site, this is truly a mess. Now I probably have to wait a few more weeks until I can see it in good quality...fuck!!!

I changed the settings on my TV and Blu-ray player from "Lively" and "Film" to "Normal". That helps somewhat but I still think the graining is terrible. Universal Berlin sent me an email. They sent the Amazon reviews to the production company in Los Angeles and are waiting for their reply. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just going to be called "intentional" and that's that.

Edited by Wunderkind

I think there was some similar issue with Rihanna's last tour DVD/Blu and they just basically ignored all the complaints. Oh well. I'll just download that 17GB Japanese broadcast and burn it if need be.