MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

Guest bluejean

Yeah, for a release like this, a digital "only" release seems pointless for more hardcore fans when we could easily rip the audio from DVD/BR ourselves in digital format. A CD would be more of a treat as well as a collectors item.

One thing though, don't most concert DVD's anymore have an option to just "play audio"? Of course, DVD's can be played in CD players, but other than in one's car, who owns just a stand alone CD player anymore when you are able to play CD's in DVD/BR players?

I think the point of CD's is so people can rip it and put it onto their iTunes/iPod etc. Most people do not know how to rip audio from a DVD. I suspect the average person wouldn't even know you can do that.

Still no fucking pre-orders on any sites in the UK!!!! Amazon.co.uk has the CD and Blu-ray but as an IMPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

The crowd noise in the Epix Broadcast version is way to loud... but the mixing overall seems better there.

The crowd noise is lower in the Epix webstream version, and the sound effects (like during Vogue) are louder... but the overall levels are a bit off.

I wonder what we'll get with the DVD and Live CD......?

A live concert mastered for a CD is different for a live concert mastered for a dvd. Audio rip from dvds are usually shitty no matter how loud the music is.

That is usually true. But I've noticed with several "live cds" I have of fairly recent concerts, the sound seems no different than the mixing for the Blu-Ray/DVD. Like the engineer or record company was just lazy and just ripped it from the film. I think some artists get lazy and do that.

i dont like the layer that they put threw all concert with crowd sound...you can hear that on all live cds more or less...

huh?

Is this the MDNA tour? Is it any different than the EPIX version, in terms of sound, etc....?

Yes, a lot less of fake screaming audience.

You can find it on madonnachile (I don't know the policy about posting torrent links for yet-to-be-commercially-released-material here)

So I'm guessing this isn't getting an Australian release?

i emailed JB and they rang me. dvd/cd and blu-ray getting released september 6th. dvd is up for pre-order on their site

Yes, a lot less of fake screaming audience.

You can find it on madonnachile (I don't know the policy about posting torrent links for yet-to-be-commercially-released-material here)

Interesting. Do they have a link to just the audio...or is it only video?

I highly doubt different markets are going to get different versions. That would just be...weird.

I'm not going to pre-order anything and just wait until it's released. I don't want to believe there is no CD for the US. If it's true, then I'll import the DVD+CD set. I don't care about the region code. I can rip the DVD and change it. She will lose 1 US sale. :(