Cher on Madonna (Twitter, interviews, etc.)

elijah

Q: Sade once told me she felt Lady Gaga was more authentic than Madonna ever was.

Sade said that?...ok, much of respect I had for her has gone to the toilet...flush!

Guest Pud Whacker

Sade is a drunk. Her beef with M started when they both worked at Danceteria. M was the clerck and Sade a bartender. They are also quite the opposite. One reinvents and explore the other one is doing the same fucking thing since 1985.

yes.

Guest Pud Whacker

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/09/08/on-singing-for-jackie-kennedy-working-with-lady-gaga-and-the-art-of-the-comeback/

Q: There’s such a change in the way people come back. It feels as if Lady Gaga never took a two-year break—she was making so much news. Does that pace set up artists for failure?

A: The business has changed so much. Who knows how she will evolve, but Gaga has an idea for herself and she follows it. Madonna was the same way. Madonna said and did what she wanted, whenever she wanted and she was ahead of the curve. Always. She had her ear to the ground more than anyone.

Q: Sade once told me she felt Lady Gaga was more authentic than Madonna ever was.

A: Madonna was authentic for her time. People like Madonna and me paved the way for the women who came after us.

when did lady ugly take a two year break?

Sade is a drunk. Her beef with M started when they both worked at Danceteria. M was the clerck and Sade a bartender. They are also quite the opposite. One reinvents and explore the other one is doing the same fucking thing since 1985.

:clap:

Guest bluejean

The point is Cher's music is not really part of the legacy of the Rock Era. She is a showgirl. And in the grand scheme of things,

her music is completely irrelevant.

Exactly. Look at a Cher Greatest Hits and you'll see she has about 5 songs everyone knows of. She just was never the big star Madonna was/is so noone cares about her as much.

And people DO critisize her for being old and surgery ridden. That's all people said about her when Believe was out "Omg she's so old"

Cher never had the universal cultural impact Madonna had, or the Hollywood credibility in juggling a dual music/movie career that someone like Streisand had (something she's wanted for years).

She's a pop cultural icon, but not one that's left behind some set template for generations after her or one that's revered for anything spectacular.

Guest bluejean

Cher never had the universal cultural impact Madonna had, or the Hollywood credibility in juggling a dual music/movie career that someone like Streisand had (something she's wanted for years).

She had way more credibility in movies than Madonna

I dont think so..

I think Cher just chose the better roles that suited her..

Madonna would have an Oscar by now, if she only would have chosen the roles more wisely.

If you look at Cher in many of her movies, shes just being Cher, not really acting. Madonna took more risks, I doubt Cher could have pulled roles like Evita or Dangerous Game or even BOE.

She is a great actress, and has admitted herself that acting was what she always wanted to do (not music). However, despite that Oscar, her film career has been spotty at best.

Cher's lazy. And after doing a series of movies back to back she got sick of the process.

I dont think so..

Madonna would have an Oscar by now, if she only would have chosen the roles more wisely.

Not true.

Isn't Madge a sexy godness? Rebecca in BOE was the perfect role for her.

Isn't Madge a yoga guru? Abbie in TNBT was a yoga teacher too.

Instead of Oscar, she gets Razzie.

Guest bluejean

I dont think so..

If you look at Cher in many of her movies, shes just being Cher, not really acting. Madonna took more risks, I doubt Cher could have pulled roles like Evita or Dangerous Game or even BOE.

Well I have not seen all of Cher's movies but if critics and awards are anything to go by Cher he alot more credibility as an actress. As Gugu said I would rather watch Madonna anyday. But lets be real, Madonna is not a bad actress just because she picked the wrong movies. She also acted badly in them.

Let's not forget Mermaids and Moonstruck, great movies with great acting by Cher.

I just don't know what she was thinking starring in that piece of shit movie with Xtina????

:rotfl: at the dissing of Cher's acting.

& Seriously...Barbra is nothing compared 2 Cher. Sorry but I've never heard a Barbra song on the radio

in my entire life. Why is that whore even mentioned here... . & her movies :lol:

Let's not forget Mermaids and Moonstruck, great movies with great acting by Cher.

I just don't know what she was thinking starring in that piece of shit movie with Xtina????

At this point her face is a mask, so she probably figured, oh a part, hey it's work...I'll do it.

That's really all she ever done, kept on working...she's not one 4 having a plan. & That's what I love

about Dame Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre.

The thing is...Gaga is not even seen as that big thing right now!

Applause is failing in Europe...and in the USA it's all about Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Blurred Lines...and the next Britney single buzz...

The Poker Face/Bad Romance/Telephone days are over for her...

Definitively. That's why i don't understand why so many people are still talking about Gaga as if she was still at her peak. If she doesn't release a killer song SOON (which she won't unless it's entirely written by someone else) her career will be over for good.

Guest Xanthium

I dont think so..

You seriously need to put down the crack pipe.

:rotfl: at the dissing of Cher's acting.

& Seriously...Barbra is nothing compared 2 Cher. Sorry but I've never heard a Barbra song on the radio

in my entire life. Why is that whore even mentioned here... . & her movies :lol:

What a joke :lmao: :lmao:

Do you know that Barbra is the best selling female artist in the US when it comes to albums? Hardly something a "nothing" would be able to do. And i'm not even a fan, i don't care about her but saying she's nothing compared to Cher is a HUGE joke.

Sade thinks Gaga is more authentic?!! Oh dear oh dear.

Pretty dissapointing since I love Sade... Can someone please elaborate more on the Sade/Madonna relationship? Seems intriguing

Well, I don't really think Cher was having a dig at Madonna. She seems to be very supportive now of Madonna despite having a go at her in the past. I also think Cher and Barbra Streisand are both legends in their own rights.

Sade is a completely different story. She has been trashing Madonna for years in her arrogant smug way. I think she is jealous and bitter. Madonna meanwhile has never uttered a word against her. Madonna is pure class.

Guest Xanthium

Barbra Streisand definitely eclipses Cher in terms of music sales, film acclaim, and cultural influence. Cher is also an icon who has paved the way but Barbra is a much bigger star. Let's not get it twisted.