Your one and only single favorite photograph of Madonna

Supernatural

It's a bit of a cliche, but this (the True Blue covershot in case it doesn't post) is the biggest summary of what I love about Madonna in a single image. Beauty, joy, femininity, masculinity, daring -it really is, in that much overused mnation phrase 'everything'.

Madonna-True-Blue-41343.jpg

I completely agree with you, this picture encapsules perfectly what Madonna is. I love the uncropped version better though:

Madonna.jpg

It was hard to chose between the Interview cover by Herb Ritts in 1990 where she's holding her crotch, The cover of Vanity Fair 1992 by Meisel, The hitch hiking pic from the Sex Book and the Herb Ritts session in Hawaii from 1985. In the end i picked this one from the Helmut Newton session in 1990 :

helmut%2Bnewton.jpg

It's really tough to choose just one, but it's gotta be this one for me.

madonna-interview-magazine-may-2-12.jpg

It's aggressive and sexy, perfectly encapsulating the persona she would adapt for the MDNA era. I've said this so many times before, but Interview 2010 was and still is perfection. These two were runner ups.

madonna-interview-magazine-may-2-8.jpg

madonna-interview-magazine-may-2-3.jpg

I think the three images together really speak to who Madonna is as an artist. I love em.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one. Definitely the most stunning and iconic photo shoot she's done in years. Puts the mostly uninspired MDNA shoot to shame.

Guest Not4Pussies

It's aggressive and sexy, perfectly encapsulating the persona she would adapt for the MDNA era. I've said this so many times before, but Interview 2010 was and still is perfection. These two were runner ups.

I think the three images together really speak to who Madonna is as an artist. I love em.

that should have been the MDNA album shoot. not the one we got that represented NADA.

I had to flip a coin between the image I chose and this one.

madonna-interview-magazine-livincool.com

I literally want to be that woman. /\. I want to write a film about her.

Guest Not4Pussies

This one for me as well!

Just perfection!

This is how a mature and fresh woman just about to enter her 40's should look like!

Them i so want another Ray Of Light era :(

lol look at her now at 55

What's so great about it is that it's what the Madonna of 83 would look like after fighting in a war for thirty years. It still has the same identity but GROWN. Heavier, tougher, wiser, smarter and yet just as sexy and alluring. Gorgeous.

They're gorgeous images but neither of them speak to me in the way they do to other people. These do however.

36573_681883571826473_837936066_n.jpg

madonna-herb-ritts-1989-rolling-stone-sc

Yes. I like being a slut.

The one with the feather boa & the sheer top & the panties & the slightly open mouth & the cocked hat;

tumblr_mcmz3fn2kl1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

^ That one! That's my Madonna. The older, foxy, sticky & sweet cougar cunt. The whole GI2M shoot is my favorite M look, like ever for all eternity.

:clap:

I think this thread is very interesting to read, so many photos chosen for so many reasons. Had the question been "what's the most iconic Madonna photo for you ?", I probably would have picked something by Ritts or Meisel.

And I can't help but notice that all the pics chosen so far have been taken by photographers who know/knew their job, I'm curious to see what's coming up

Guest Not4Pussies

:clap:

the interview 2010 shoot would have been perfect for mdna album and you know it

what we got makes no sense, it is uninspired. and does not go along with the music like all of her other albums have done

where is the bad ass mdna from mdna tour and the 3 music videos we got?

the mdna tourbook is what should have been the album artwork

the interview 2010 shoot would have been perfect for mdna album and you know it

what we got makes no sense, it is uninspired. and does not go along with the music like all of her other albums have done

where is the bad ass mdna from mdna tour and the 3 music videos we got?

the mdna tourbook is what should have been the album artwork

tumblr_mjqipgzja21s8xq28o1_500.gif

The one with the feather boa & the sheer top & the panties & the slightly open mouth & the cocked hat;

tumblr_mcmz3fn2kl1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

^ That one! That's my Madonna. The older, foxy, sticky & sweet cougar cunt. The whole GI2M shoot is my favorite M look, like ever for all eternity.

:clap::clap::clap:

that cover for the S&S tour is just stunning!!!!, the face, the pose, the smile :dramatic: