Secret Project

Camacho

Thanks. Then I'll respond that simply to dismiss an 'oil conspiracy' simply because you believe that the US does not have a pressing domestic shortage of oil is a ridiculously simplistic argument. This is an attempt to control the world's natural resources to stem the growth of other world powers which are undermining US global supremacy -chiefly (but not only) China.

You're welcome. And I'll respond back by noting how oblivious you are to YOUR arguments being ridiculously simplistic :lmao:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=44227&page=3#entry1566170

I have to agree... the whole project is to make people think and discuss the issues all around us and hopefully come up with or offer our own solutions, etc. This idea that Madonna shouldn't bother because one questions "who will it reach?" or it's "impact" is silly. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same of Martin Luther King when he gave his "I have a dream..." speech. That speech since has been etched into the American culture and had started a revolution itself in treating people equally. We've come a long way since then. It has made an impact. Of course, this is just one example specific to one region. I'm not saying Madonna's project will have the same impact, but the fact we're here talking about it, shows it's potential. She's a very popular celebrity/entertainer. She's simply doing her part. Using her popularity to spread a message that we can make changes if we just get up off our duffs and do something. It's all about taking a stand. It's a pretty universal idea. It's been expressed many many times in the past. No doubt, the video will spark enough interest to get people talking... good or bad. Those who just sit there and criticize the content are the very people who are the problem, while those who actually are inspired by the message and do something (even if it's a small change) are the true revolutionaries!!!

Guest bluejean

Those who just sit there and criticize the content are the very people who are the problem, while those who actually are inspired by the message and do something (even if it's a small change) are the true revolutionaries!!!

Exactly. No matter where we are from, who we are male or female we can all make a difference.

I have this feeling that the 20 minutes that were screened were just the 20 minutes of basically what we've seen and that it's more than that. I think the footage that we've seen is part of the 20 min. And hopefully it'll be a mini documentary that's going to be longer and interwoven into the footage we've already seen.

I have this feeling that the 20 minutes that were screened were just the 20 minutes of basically what we've seen and that it's more than that. I think the footage that we've seen is part of the 20 min. And hopefully it'll be a mini documentary that's going to be longer and interwoven into the footage we've already seen.

This makes sense if you put Vice into the picture. That would be awesome.

This makes sense if you put Vice into the picture. That would be awesome.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Maybe what they screened wasn't the full thing but just what has M involved. These little stories she's telling with each trailer could be like interludes between different social issues that are presented in a documentary, like an art documentary.

That would be cool if true, but I think that's just WISHFUL thinking. I believe it's just the 20 min. piece. It will be probably be more of an internet shared event. I doubt we'll see it being showed on television or on any paid cable network. (Though, I hope I am wrong!) I expect the content will spark some talk/controversy on various social networks and news shows. Also, I count on, people criticizing it, tearing it apart, misinterpreting it, and bad mouthing Madonna, instead of actually taking a page from the message. That said, I still think it's cool Madonna is using her influence to try to make a change and get people talking. For me, she's using her popularity for good. The truth is that Madonna isn't a celebrity that has skeletons in her closet or major drama/breakdowns, etc. for anyone to bash her on. So all they are left with is the creative content and the persona she's presents. This is why I believe she's been one celebrity that is hard to knock down. She doesn't let what people think of her stop her from doing what she wants to do. She just does it. In the end, Madonna has been a really positive role model in the world of entertainment and celebrities. Most of the negative shit thrown at her is based on the art she always presents, not the person she really is. I guess this is why people are intrigued with Madonna because no matter how open she is and how much we think we know about her, her personal life is still a bit of a mystery and seems pretty normal.

That would be cool if true, but I think that's just WISHFUL thinking. I believe it's just the 20 min. piece. It will be probably be more of an internet shared event. I doubt we'll see it being showed on television or on any paid cable network. (Though, I hope I am wrong!) I expect the content will spark some talk/controversy on various social networks and news shows. Also, I count on, people criticizing it, tearing it apart, misinterpreting it, and bad mouthing Madonna, instead of actually taking a page from the message. That said, I still think it's cool Madonna is using her influence to try to make a change and get people talking. For me, she's using her popularity for good. The truth is that Madonna isn't a celebrity that has skeletons in her closet or major drama/breakdowns, etc. for anyone to bash her on. So all they are left with is the creative content and the persona she's presents. This is why I believe she's been one celebrity that is hard to knock down. She doesn't let what people think of her stop her from doing what she wants to do. She just does it. In the end, Madonna has been a really positive role model in the world of entertainment and celebrities. Most of the negative shit thrown at her is based on the art she always presents, not the person she really is. I guess this is why people are intrigued with Madonna because no matter how open she is and how much we think we know about her, her personal life is still a bit of a mystery and seems pretty normal.

Exactly.

and OH MAH GAWD BITCHES - i just figured out how to post videos again!

LOL... yeah, you just post the link. Don't use the "media" tab on the tool bar to embed it. My problem is that I can't get any of the embedded videos to play at the forum. The player is there, but the screen is black with a title of the video. If I click the TITLE link in the embedded video, it will take me to the video at Youtube. If I press the play button at the forum, the screen just goes black.

Guest bluejean

would be pretty cool if VINE did a documentary on gays around the world with madonna. is pussy riot still in fricken jail!?!?!

a whole album eh...looks very janet jackson rhythm nation

RhythmNation1814.jpg

I love Rhythm Nation but lets be honest, it's not artistic by any stretch of the imagination. It's like a kids educational project.

Guest Not4Pussies

madonna.com was very clear about how long the film is

The 17 minute film about tolerance, freedom and love was created by Madonna and Steven Klein.

Wonderful post, but I think the same as Mensch that the 20 minute video is not all of it. I like his idea as well. The reason I think there is more to it is because even before everyone started talking about it around the New year there was talk of a major collaboration between Madonna and Steven Klein about a film. Even if I was mistaken or the date was incorrect on what I read, they have been working on this for too long to be just a 20 minute video. You could be right though.

Wonderful post, but I think the same as Mensch that the 20 minute video is not all of it. I like his idea as well. The reason I think there is more to it is because even before everyone started talking about it around the New year there was talk of a major collaboration between Madonna and Steven Klein about a film. Even if I was mistaken or the date was incorrect on what I read, they have been working on this for too long to be just a 20 minute video. You could be right though.

It was filmed right at the end of her tour last year. Obviously, the intention was to release this earlier. No doubt, a lot of attention was given to this to perfect it. Maybe they kept changing and adding things. But yeah, as someone said above, Madonna.com clearly states it's a 17 min. video. Don't go down that path in setting yourself up for a disappointment.

It was filmed right at the end of her tour last year. Obviously, the intention was to release this earlier. No doubt, a lot of attention was given to this to perfect it. Maybe they kept changing and adding things. But yeah, as someone said above, Madonna.com clearly states it's a 17 min. video. Don't go down that path in setting yourself up for a disappointment.

LOL I know I can set myself up but I never want to lose my optimism or hope. I love Madonna's voice and I love her music but if I'm going to be completely honest I would love if Madonna focused on activism. I would love for her to find another way to promote her music. The music industry seems to be either run by Disney now or some corporate sponsors who use people to make money. If radio wants to reject Madonna then let her make her own way and help people on top of that. I really really want her next album to be about the secret project. I think she did away with the past in MDNA and had fun with it as well. I think she's looking forward now.

I don't think there will be new music. Then attention would be focused on that instead of the cause. Besides you can't start a revolution and sell a song. Unleeeeeeess the proceeds were going to charity. I think she wants the focus to be on the project though.

What happened with the Harper's Bazaar cover?

Did you hear something about it or is it a rumour?

I am hearing from someone that supposedly it got scrapped, hate being the barer of bad news, but I haven't seen anything official yet, either way please dont make a thread about it, no need to feed the trolls, and let me try to confirm, I hope it's just a rumour

Edit: I think it's a rumour maybe coming from Miley's scrapped cover, there's nothing on the internet about it