Rock Hall Members Vote for Madonna in Museum

HolidayGuy

Don't know if this was posted...

http://rockhall.com/blog/post/9868_rock-hall-members-vote-for-madonna-in-Museum/

Rock Hall Members Vote for Madonna in Museum

Saturday, July 20: 9 a.m.
Posted by Rock Hall

Each year, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum members play a role in determining a new artifact to be exhibited at the Museum, the Members Choice artifact. Hundreds of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame members voted from a list of artifacts including Joan Jett’s jewelry, belt, and jacket she wore in the “I Hate Myself for Loving You” video and Peter Buck of R.E.M.’s 1989 Rickenbacker guitar. When all the votes were counted, the 2013 nod went to the Material Girl, the Queen of Pop and Hall of Fame Inductee: Madonna.

As a woman who has lived life on her own terms, Madonna has been an icon to many since bursting on the scene in 1981.

No one in the pop realm has manipulated the media with such a savvy sense of self-promotion. Madonna’s appearance on the inaugural MTV Video Music Awards broadcast live on September 14, 1984 is a case in point. Wearing a white lingerie-cum-wedding dress ensemble, she writhed across the stage at Radio City Music Hall while performing her hit “Like A Virgin,” shocking sensibilities and setting the stage for her reputation as one of the most uninhibited and well-documented figures of the modern age.

Madonna 'Like A Virgin' HeelsMadonna wore some of these accessories during her Radio City performance. She also wore some of these pieces on the cover of the album Like a Virgin, and in the music video for the single. Like a Virgin reached Number One around the world and yielded five chart hits, including “Dress You Up,” “Material Girl,” “Angel,” “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” and the title cut.

The Members Choice Madonna artifacts are located in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum's Main Exhibit Hall, and will be on view through July 2014.

Yeah, they probably just lumped LDLHA with the LAV singles as that was its origin.Though it was a single from LAV in Japan.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Was excited to see this on my trip to USA later this year until I just saw this stupid museum is in OHIO. Pfffft