Reissue rumours: first "Like a Prayer," now "Something to Remember"?

Apples388

It's absolutely disgusting the amount of disrespect afforded Madonna's musical legacy by its caretakers. Always in the top 5 of the most collectable artists in the world for years and years, and her classic albums can't even get proper remastering/special editions while her underlings, the likes of Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle etc all receive completely fan focused deluxe reissue treatments.

I remember Caresse Henry (RIP) made it clear that it was WB that nixed the idea of an anniversary boxset that Madge's team had been working on in the early 2000s with tours, tv performances, dvd-audio disks etc. Arseholes.

I wish they'd redo Ray of Light. I think the production sounds a bit muffled and dated, but its SUCH a great album that could really benefit from newer technologies.

Guest bluejean

It's absolutely disgusting the amount of disrespect afforded Madonna's musical legacy by its caretakers. Always in the top 5 of the most collectable artists in the world for years and years, and her classic albums can't even get proper remastering/special editions while her underlings, the likes of Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle etc all receive completely fan focused deluxe reissue treatments.

I remember Caresse Henry (RIP) made it clear that it was WB that nixed the idea of an anniversary boxset that Madge's team had been working on in the early 2000s with tours, tv performances, dvd-audio disks etc. Arseholes.

I think it's cos they knew they could make money off her new stuff

Guest bluejean

I wish they'd redo Ray of Light. I think the production sounds a bit muffled and dated, but its SUCH a great album that could really benefit from newer technologies.

Alot of people say this actually. I'm quite happy with it myself. I'd just like remasters of Like a Prayer, Im Breathless, The Immaculate Collection and Erotica. Everything else sounds okay to me. Oh and maybe You Can Dance and the Who's That Girl Soundtrack. But I'm guessing they will never happen.

so this means that my original STR vinyl will cost next to nothing now???? :( the only Madonna thing I owned that had some value

I expect it will hit the value but not sure by how much. The re-releases aren't identical as they have different copyright information on the back and the quality of the printing has been highlighted as not so great. So, hopefully, the originals will still retain some value as they are different and still remain rare. Same with Bedtime Stories!

I'm hoping at least!

so this means that my original STR vinyl will cost next to nothing now???? :( the only Madonna thing I owned that had some value

I thought this as well, Erotica LPs on vinyl used to be pretty expensive but now due to re-issues an original pressing isn't so expensive

I thought this as well, Erotica LPs on vinyl used to be pretty expensive but now due to re-issues an original pressing isn't so expensive

Erotica was much more widely available than BS and STR. Vinyl really reached a low point in production around 94 - 95. Secret German 12"s, I'll Remember and You'll See US 12"s are also quite rare and command higher than average prices.

Erotica was much more widely available than BS and STR. Vinyl really reached a low point in production around 94 - 95. Secret German 12"s, I'll Remember and You'll See US 12"s are also quite rare and command higher than average prices.

That's true but before the re-issue Erotica used to go for like 50 pounds or even more on ebay, but now you can get an original for the same price as a re-issue. Though original STR and BS probably won't go down in value much as like you said, there are much less

£50 for Erotica? They were always dirt cheap in the second hand record shops. Unless they were the US promo versions, I'm surprised as they weren't that rare unless it might have been the 'clean' version missing 'Did You Do It'

£50 for Erotica? They were always dirt cheap in the second hand record shops. Unless they were the US promo versions, I'm surprised as they weren't that rare unless it might have been the 'clean' version missing 'Did You Do It'

Forgive if I'm wrong but I'm sure they were always expensive before the re-issue, I remember being so happy when they were re-issued because I finally got one

You might be right. I'm old enough to have bought it when it first came out so never really looked. I'm hoping values aren't hit that much for BS and STR!

Yeah, I only started collecting like a year and a bit and was desperate to get my hands on a vinyl copy of it, I almost had a meltdown because I'd never be able to afford it. I'm not sure how expensive it was, or if I'm exaggerating £50, or maybe even if it was more. And yeah I agree, the fact that they've re-issued STR and probably BS soon takes away from the rareness of them, which is a shame. I own neither yet so I've got nothing to complain about

So where is the "Bedtime Stories" vinyl reissue? I'm going to be mad if they just skip it.

Me too, the whole thing re-issue thing is kind of a mess. They re-did all 5 last year, but for some reason were unable to do BS, weird. It would make sense to put it out at the same time as STR, but we'll see

They should do "Bedtime Stories", "The Immaculate Collection", "GHV2", "You Can Dance" and "I'm Breathless" this year.

It's ridiculous how they haven't reissued "The Immaculate Collection". I'm sure it would sell really well.

They should do "Bedtime Stories", "The Immaculate Collection", "GHV2", "You Can Dance" and "I'm Breathless" this year.

It's ridiculous how they haven't reissued "The Immaculate Collection". I'm sure it would sell really well.

GHV2 was never released on vinyl.

GHV2 was never released on vinyl.

Exactly. A limited vinyl pressing would be a great collectible for the fans.

Guest SecretGarden

All her albums from LAP to ROL are in desperate need of remastering, the reissues of her first three albums were done SO well, they should have just continued with that.

Guest bluejean

All her albums from LAP to ROL are in desperate need of remastering, the reissues of her first three albums were done SO well, they should have just continued with that.

They should have more bonuses though. A disc of extra material for every album. And a DVD. I want it all :lol: