Reissue rumours: first "Like a Prayer," now "Something to Remember"?

Apples388

We need Bedtime Stories. Doble, coloured vinyl. Corrected artwork. Pronto.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, they gonna cancel it! :dramatic:

If they push it back I actually am going to be angry, I shouldn't have had to wait till today nevermind 30th september for their shitty half arsed low quality re-issues

Erotica deserves reevaluation and a thoroughly reverential remaster.

Absolutely. Remeastered and on 2 CDs. Bonus disc with remixes (Fever - video version, Erotica - William Orbit remix....there are so many), plus some demo versions and extended versions, instrumentals, Rain Tapes songs that haven't been released or leaked....

It would be awsome.

I pre-ordered my "Something to Remember" lp from Best Buy. I just received an email that it's been back ordered and will arrive on October 1st....so they are delaying the release if it ever gets released!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluejean

Because old albums sound louder and fuller when they are remastered. I do think remastering albums from the mid 90's onward is unnecessary.

And as some of the tech heads on here will tell us, music these days is actually made so loud it becomes distorted.

Because old albums sound louder and fuller when they are remastered. I do think remastering albums from the mid 90's onward is unnecessary.

And as some of the tech heads on here will tell us, music these days is actually made so loud it becomes distorted.

Yes, I've found the bass on some of Madonna's tracks distorts like Broken and Give It 2 Me.

I remember the quality of vinyl in the mid 90s really went down. The sound on some of my collection was quite poor but it did pick up again when Djs became really huge and Britpop came along.

I picked it up in Tower in Dublin on Saturday! Haven't opened it yet.

Amazon says mine has been dispatched :bad:

Thanks guys.

At least it has been OFFICIALLY released.

* Place order *

what does everyone want remastered for? things sound of their time. and that is always what i love about music.

I'm with you on that 100% Pud. Finally someone said it!!!

Remastered sound means BOLLOCKS to me - unless there was some particular problem with the original (!?!?!?)

No. Today's albums are mastered way too loud and have less dynamic, STR sounds better than Hard Candy or MDNA.

I thought it was just my ears, but the new Cher album is SO very LOUD that you have to keep playing with the volume so it doesn't sound all blended as one sound. It's good to know that this is a more common occurence with modern mastering.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm with you on that 100% Pud. Finally someone said it!!!

Remastered sound means BOLLOCKS to me - unless there was some particular problem with the original (!?!?!?)

:thumbsup:

So, the vinyl sounds great. Especially if you keep in mind the whole album is squeezed into a single disc. I've seen several shorter albums being split on 2 discs. Played The Killers' "Battle Born" inmediately afterwards and, while "Something to Remember" is not as loud, the sound quality is much better. Can't compare it with the original pressing, though, because I don't have it.

It comes with a regular vinyl sleeve. Same old cover, looks beautiful blown up on 12". The picture seems a bit fuzzy dream-esque, but I think it's meant to, especially since the text remains sharp. The back cover uses the flowers in the dark image. All the credits and Madonna's thank you notes are written directly on it. The disc itself comes in a plain white dust cover, no inner sleeve whatsoever. The labels on each side are plain white Maverick labels, I think the originals were also like that.

Not releasing this in gatefold format with the image of her lying down that was used in the back for some editions is such a wasted opportunity, btw.

So, the vinyl sounds great. Especially if you keep in mind the whole album is squeezed into a single disc. I've seen several shorter albums being split on 2 discs. Played The Killers' "Battle Born" inmediately afterwards and, while "Something to Remember" is not as loud, the sound quality is much better. Can't compare it with the original pressing, though, because I don't have it.

It comes with a regular vinyl sleeve. Same old cover, looks beautiful blown up on 12". The picture seems a bit fuzzy dream-esque, but I think it's meant to, especially since the text remains sharp. The back cover uses the flowers in the dark image. All the credits and Madonna's thank you notes are written directly on it. The disc itself comes in a plain white dust cover, no inner sleeve whatsoever. The labels on each side are plain white Maverick labels, I think the originals were also like that.

Not releasing this in gatefold format with the image of her lying down that was used in the back for some editions is such a wasted opportunity, btw.

The original was the same and so was Bedtime Stories although at least BS had a gatefold sleeve. I couldn't believe they didn't even bother with the lyrics on the dust cover. Sounds like a direct copy of the original although does it have a 2013 copyright on it?