2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

That Palin woman :rotfl:

So dumb and unintentionally hilarious. Where do they find these people?

This is 2016 and the worst inept ignorant populist 60 years ago would have made a more credible clown

^ How did you stomach her voice? My mom called me and told me she was wearing some ridiculous outfit and I should see it but I can't even be bothered to do that. She's such a stupid raving loon and life is too short.

The term "Nails on a chalkboard" was coined for her fucking voice.

NEVER has someone's speaking voice made me want to turn so violent whenever I hear it. She is without a doubt a raving lunatic.

She said that it's President Obama's fault her son hit his girlfriend because her son is a combat veteran and he suffers from PTSD which was increased by President Obama not supporting the military and their mission sufficiently.

Crazy!! You can't make stuff like this up.

Flashbacks To 2008? No, Clinton Says, 'I Feel Very Positive'

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/20/463730124/flashbacks-to-2008-no-clinton-says-i-feel-very-positive

It may seem like déjà vu for Hillary Clinton — an insurgent candidate has erased her once-dominant lead in Iowa just days before the Democratic caucuses.

That's what happened in 2008, when she finished a disappointing third behind Barack Obama and John Edwards. Now, it's Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who has closed the gap in the Hawkeye State.

"This feels like 2008 all over again," Iowa pollster J. Ann Selzer said back in August after her survey showed Clinton up just 7 points back then. It's even closer now. And Sanders holds a lead in New Hampshire.

Despite the similarities, the former secretary of state told NPR's Ari Shapiro in an interview Wednesday morning in San Antonio that she remained confident about her chances in the Feb. 1 caucuses.

"I feel very positive about the organization we've built, the enthusiasm and energy of the people who are literally showing up in below-freezing temperatures to canvass for me," Clinton said. "My precinct captains, my precinct teams are really all so focused on doing well in the caucus."

But, she argued, she always believed the race would tighten.

"We're going to have to work hard, though. I always thought that would be the case," Clinton said. "And that's part of the job; you've got to work hard as president — nobody is giving the job away. You've got to get out there and earn it, and that's what I try to do every single day."

Clinton said she has learned from 2008, not just tactically, but about herself. She said she sees differences between the type of candidate she was then versus now — and she hopes voters do, too.

"Having served for four years as secretary of state has given me the kind of perspective that really fuels my understanding, my proposals about how we keep us safe at home," she said, "and how we work with our friends and allies to try to keep the world more peaceful, secure and hopefully prosperous."

Questioning Sanders' readiness to lead as president

That experience, especially on foreign policy, is a contrast she's increasingly trying to draw with Sanders with less than two weeks before voting begins. On Tuesday, Clinton's campaign released a statement with former top diplomats questioning the Vermont senator's preparedness to handle ISIS, Iran and other national security concerns.

Clinton defended raising such questions. "In a campaign that is as spirited as ours," she said, "we owe it to voters to draw contrasts. Certainly, Sen. Sanders has been drawing lots of contrast for quite some time — which it won't surprise you to hear me say, I think are not particularly well-founded, but nevertheless, that's his right."

She pointed to his comments that he would like to see Iranian troops on the ground to help fight ISIS as one such area of concern.

"I think that would be a terrible mistake," Clinton said. "Syria is on the doorstep of Israel — just among one of the things why it would be. He has said he wants to see Saudi Arabia and Iran work together in a coalition to defeat ISIS. Well, you know, we're having a very big flare up of tension between two long-time adversaries, Iran and Saudi Arabia. Either he didn't understand that, or thought that he could get away with saying what he said."

And she called Sanders' statement in Sunday night's debate — that he favors normalizing relations with Iran — "a fundamental misunderstanding of what it takes to do the patient diplomacy that I have experience in to be able to continue to change behavior, or at least to mitigate against behavior by Iran."

She pointed to her experience at the State Department as one reason she's more qualified than Sanders on how to handle the region.

"I know something about this," Clinton said. "I led the efforts to put together the coalition to impose very tough sanctions on Iran, which enabled us to get to the negotiating table to get the Iran agreement to put a lid on their nuclear weapons program. So, I'm immersed in what it will take for us, going forward, to manage this challenging relationship."

What gets her angry? Things like Flint

Clinton also argued she had shown leadership in taking a stand on the situation in Flint, Mich., where the city of more than 100,000 faces an ongoing public-health crisis due to dangerously high levels of lead in the drinking water.

Clinton took to television last Thursday to criticize Republican Gov. Rick Snyder's handling of the issue in the aftermath, but defended a decision not to go to the city.

"You know, I didn't want to go off half-cocked," she said. "I wanted to know what was happening and what the facts were. And so, I sent two of my trusted aides to go, meet with the mayor, meet with others to begin talking with the senators, the congressman who represents the area."

She said that after she said Snyder needed to ask for federal help, "Within two hours, he did. I think that's a pretty good track record."

Sanders has gone even further, calling for Snyder to resign, but Clinton suggested Snyder responded immediately to pressure she applied.

"Well, you know, I lived a lot of years in Arkansas," she began, "and one of my favorite sayings I learned is, 'If you find a turtle on a fence post, it didn't get there by accident.'"

:lmao:

I thought it was bad that if a republican wins they could elect up to 2 Supreme Court Justices, but I heard on NPR they were having a discussion and said the next President could possibly elect up to 4!!!!!!!!!!! Justices.

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine a Ted Cruz or Trump electing people to this court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I will continue to hope that no matter who the democratic nominee is people will get out and vote for them. Unless we want to live in a possible backwards hell of a country for the rest of our lives pretty much.

I thought it was bad that if a republican wins they could elect up to 2 Supreme Court Justices, but I heard on NPR they were having a discussion and said the next President could possibly elect up to 4!!!!!!!!!!! Justices.

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine a Ted Cruz or Trump electing people to this court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I will continue to hope that no matter who the democratic nominee is people will get out and vote for them. Unless we want to live in a possible backwards hell of a country for the rest of our lives pretty much.

ok skin, you have said over and over again, i got it. dont make me wanna rip off my skin now.

ok skin, you have said over and over again, i got it. dont make me wanna rip off my skin now.

But I don't think other people get it. The country is LITERALLY on the line in this election. Even if you have to bring a barf bag with you to vote for Hillary you cunts better come to your senses when the time comes and do it any way if she is the nominee! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I'll see it as a win at this point if Trump simply loses the primary just to see his rabid racist followers break down and cry.

Then we really only have to worry about that nutcase Ted Cruz, but honestly. Would America really elect a man with a face that punchable?

o-TED-CRUZ-facebook.jpg

But I don't think other people get it. The country is LITERALLY on the line in this election. Even if you have to bring a barf bag with you to vote for Hillary you cunts better come to your senses when the time comes and do it any way if she is the nominee! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Well my ultra left candidate isn't here... so i'll just stay home and risk a right wing nutjob become president. Would supporters of Bernie really be that stupid if he doesn't get up?

Guest Pud Whacker

I'll see it as a win at this point if Trump simply loses the primary just to see his rabid racist followers break down and cry.

weve already been over this - youre the racist. you exhibit hate for whites over and over again.

even your name suggests your preoccupation with race: SKIN

youre obsessed. you covet white skin. and idolize the whitest of white: MADONNA.

44ce13f671b7f84fb4fcab8d7b6a1108.jpg

Just out of curiousity, but does Madonna historically only start endorsing after the Democratic nominee has been chosen or does she also endorse a candidate during primaries as well?

Update: I saw that she endorsed Hillary during the 2008 Primaries so I guess it's probably the same this time around.

weve already been over this - youre the racist. you exhibit hate for whites over and over again.

even your name suggests your preoccupation with race: SKIN

youre obsessed. you covet white skin. and idolize the whitest of white: MADONNA.

44ce13f671b7f84fb4fcab8d7b6a1108.jpg

Madonna isn't white.

She is a creamy smooth pop icon goddess.

When you think about South Carolina and Super Tuesday with 20 states voting being so heavily in Hillary Clinton's favour, I'm not sure where that leaves Bernie. Even worse if she can pull off an Iowa win. She won New Hampshire last time, but that will likely go to Sanders

This is why I keep telling people not to break out the champagne for Bernie just yet. Iowa will be close, but even Nate Silver is predicting a win for her there (as of right now). NH is probably in the bag for Bernie regardless, but Nevada & South Carolina - and most of the Super Tuesday states are heavily pro-Hillary. There is something to be said for media momentum, however.

Keep in mind, Hillary and Obama kept the delegate counts very close for most of 2008 and that shit wasn't even settled until June. Bernie might give her a similar run for her money but the Democratic establishment helped bring Obama across the finish line and they won't back Bernie the same way unless his voter turnout absolutely crushes her. So really all she has to do is keep the victories close enough to a tie and the DNC will do the rest for her.

Just out of curiousity, but does Madonna historically only start endorsing after the Democratic nominee has been chosen or does she also endorse a candidate during primaries as well?

Update: I saw that she endorsed Hillary during the 2008 Primaries so I guess it's probably the same this time around.

Didn't she label Hillary as 'angry' during that Buzzfeed word association game ? Personally I predict a non endorsement since all the criminal charges hanging over her + Sanders + likely early losses and other candidates getting in is going to be a massive trap that even a Clinton won't be able to escape this time. :)

This is why I keep telling people not to break out the champagne for Bernie just yet. Iowa will be close, but even Nate Silver is predicting a win for her there (as of right now). NH is probably in the bag for Bernie regardless, but Nevada & South Carolina - and most of the Super Tuesday states are heavily pro-Hillary. There is something to be said for media momentum, however.

Keep in mind, Hillary and Obama kept the delegate counts very close for most of 2008 and that shit wasn't even settled until June. Bernie might give her a similar run for her money but the Democratic establishment helped bring Obama across the finish line and they won't back Bernie the same way unless his voter turnout absolutely crushes her. So really all she has to do is keep the victories close enough to a tie and the DNC will do the rest for her.

What all goes into consideration when they choose the candidate?

Is it just based on the votes? wasn't it close with Obama?

Didn't she label Hillary as 'angry' during that Buzzfeed word association game ? Personally I predict a non endorsement since all the criminal charges hanging over her + Sanders + likely early losses and other candidates getting in is going to be a massive trap that even a Clinton won't be able to escape this time. :)

What other candidates? The only thing I heard is that Biden might still get drafted to run if things head south for Hillary.

She endorsed Gen. Wesley Clark in 2004. Had an open letter on her Madonna.com and even granted him an audience at her home.