Into The Groove - on 'Now 30 Years'

blossom

just seen the advert on TV with clip of the Into The Groove video which reminded me of the excitement i felt when i used to see the Dress You Up clip for a 'Now' album back in '86.

The album starts with Michael Jackson, Madonna, Eurythmics, Wham!, Bowie, Diana Ross, and ends with Bastille, PJ & Duncan, and Psy. How times have changed :/

It got me thinking, there's not many times Madonna appears on these compilations is there - don't know if it's a good or bad thing?!

just seen the advert on TV with clip of the Into The Groove video which reminded me of the excitement i felt when i used to see the Dress You Up clip for a 'Now' album back in '86.

The album starts with Michael Jackson, Madonna, Eurythmics, Wham!, Bowie, Diana Ross, and ends with Bastille, PJ & Duncan, and Psy. How times have changed :/

It got me thinking, there's not many times Madonna appears on these compilations is there - don't know if it's a good or bad thing?!

Madonna was never on a Now album. However, I found the 'Hits' album she was on which was 'Dress You Up'. I think that is virtually the only time she's allowed a song to be used on a compilation in the UK. Possibly LIB too but other than that, I can't think.

I think it would have made sense, certainly to have allowed her later singles from each album to be used but there we go. She did OK without them!

e76d820dd7a0a2e6b2fbe010.L.jpg

1. Music (Deep Dish Dot Com Radio Edit) - Madonna

2. Most Girls - Pink

3. Bent - Matchbox Twenty

4. Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon

5. Deep Inside of You - Third Eye Blind

6. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies

7. The Way You Love Me (Radio Remix) - Faith Hill

8. Here with Me - Dido

9. He Wasn't Man Enough - Toni Braxton

10. What a Girl Wants - Christina Aguilera

11. Wifey - Next

12. Dance with Me - Debelah Morgan

13. Tell Me How You Feel - Joy Enriquez

14. Graduation - Vitamin C

15. Breathless - The Corrs

16. Fine - Whitney Houston

17. The Little Girl - John Michael Montgomery

71sadbMfkQL.jpg

1. Baby Got Back (Album Version) - Sir Mix-A-Lot 2. Finally (12' Choice Mix) - Cece Peniston 3. Deeper And Deeper (David's Klub Mix) - Madonna 4. I'm Too Sexy (Extended Club Mix) - Right Said Fred 5. Real Love (Hip Hop Mix) - Mary J. Blige 6. Jump Around (Blood Stain Remix) - House Of Pain 7. I Got A Man (Ultimix Remix) - Positive K 8. Come & Talk To Me (Radio Remix) - Jodeci 9. Mr. Loverman (D.M. Ragga Hop Mix) - Shabba Ranks 10. End Of The Road (LP Version) - Boyz II Men

Dress You Up was on Hits 3.

Borderline was on Hits 4.

La Isla Bonita 7" remix was on Hits 6 (or 7).

Frozen appeared on some Woman themed compilation cd.

Madonna on compilations is relatively rare i guess, but she has made some interesting contributions:

'Freedom' on Carnival

'Goodbye To Innocence' on Just Say Roe

'Santa Baby' on A Very Special Xmas

'Supernatural' on Red, Hot & Dance

Didn't that "History of Now" show say that in the Uk it was down to Madonna refusing to have her tracks on these albums and them outselling True Blue they campaigned and got a separate compilation chart in the Uk?

that programme gave the impression that 'true blue' never reached no.1 due to them blocking it..rather than returning to no.1 twice. it felt like gloating. I'm glad she didn't allow her songs to appear on now albums..they're really chavvy

Guest bluejean

Also, there was a compilation album in the late 80's in Australia that had Cherish called 'Let's Do It Summer - 1990'

And the Smash Hits videos she was featured on. Not sure if they were the videos or just interviews or what but I'm sure she was featured at least once.