Young fans compared to older fans...

This and U2's 'Boy' have to be the best two debut albums in existence. It took myself a bit longer to 'get' her earlier 80's stuff, but when it clicked...oh boy, did it click.

Agree early U2 is great & M album is awesome. The early eighties have some the best music that was ever released.

The time period was so dynamic & diverse for new artists.

I really like the younger fans better in general. They have a fresh take on her music. The seem to be aware of her irony and intelligence in her new music. The older fans just don't get her new music and controversies.

I really like the younger fans better in general. They have a fresh take on her music. The seem to be aware of her irony and intelligence in her new music. The older fans just don't get her new music and controversies.

great post. you sometimes say weird stuff but i agree with this ;)

As an older person, I find this a stupid patronising sweeping generalisation.

Why wouldn't older fans be aware of her irony and intelligence? I mean, we've been following her for decades, so it's something we've known about for a long time.

with older fans i immediately thought about a certain other forum ;) i don't think most fans in here are even old (with old I mean above 55)

How old are you Stud?

Why wouldn't older fans be aware of her irony and intelligence? I mean, we've been following her for decades, so it's something we've known about for a long time.

good point, and yes the opposite could definitely apply as well.

As an older person, I find this a .... sweeping generalisation.

very true. never meant for it to be patronizing though i can see it.

I think it's a mixed bag: some "older" fans are extremely loyal, and others try too hard to act like they are now above her and have switched allegiance to some new young thing. I will say that as I age, I find myself so put out with the bitchy young Gaga/Britney/whoever fans who call M. old.

No one's "older" fans are as bad as those of Tori Amos, however. These people have spent the last twenty years demanding that she make another Little Earthqakes they can cut themselves to.

There are moments when I wish I could have experience the Madonna Hype at it's peak, but for the most part, I'm glad I missed the early eras. I have a thing for feisty older women, so her current incarnation (M Dolla - Now) is my favorite Madonna.

She's foxy & 50+ in fishnets :wow:

What's the story behind the official Madonna icon board not accepting new members?? Madonna is someone who always welcomed

new fans so it just seems very bizarre that her official fan site does not accept new members.

There are moments when I wish I could have experience the Madonna Hype at it's peak, but for the most part, I'm glad I missed the early eras. I have a thing for feisty older women, so her current incarnation (M Dolla - Now) is my favorite Madonna.

She's foxy & 50+ in fishnets :wow:

This post is a 100 percent Yas.gif

Age is irrelevant. It was fantastic to live through but her work creates an alternate eternal and rewarding context all its own.

It's not when you arrive, it's that you arrive. Glad we're all here.

Age is irrelevant. It was fantastic to live through but her work creates an alternate eternal and rewarding context all its own.

This perfect comment

Preach_it_sister.gif

:kiss2:

So true.

Very disappointing to read this page and see people commenting about which age group fan's are better. Virtually everyone at this forum is positive about Madonna and the diversity in age, sex, nationality and personality is wonderful and something to admire. Wonderful fans of all ages.

Don't let a few turn-coats who hate Madonna represent people here. They should just be forgotten as all are banned from here anyway. They are not real Madonna fans and not sure why they are forever being used as examples of such.

What always AMAZES me the most is that a young person can discover her and then understand like 500 songs and 20 different eras and so many tours. An album leads to another, and yet when you discover an artist you go from one song to another without thinking when was it written...

How long does it take to comprehend such a BIG career?

What always AMAZES me the most is that a young person can discover her and then understand like 500 songs and 20 different eras and so many tours. An album leads to another, and yet when you discover an artist you go from one song to another without thinking when was it written...

How long does it take to comprehend such a BIG career?

It took me 4 years and i'm still discovering new things everyday.

Guest Rachelle of London

I love listening to people who have been around since the beginning of her career and watched her evolve. What a journey!

So true.

Very disappointing to read this page and see people commenting about which age group fan's are better. Virtually everyone at this forum is positive about Madonna and the diversity in age, sex, nationality and personality is wonderful and something to admire. Wonderful fans of all ages.

Don't let a few turn-coats who hate Madonna represent people here. They should just be forgotten as all are banned from here anyway. They are not real Madonna fans and not sure why they are forever being used as examples of such.

I love you Jan!

The simple fact that someone says that one age group "understands" her better is just ridiculous and laughable.

I admire and envy the fans that have been following her since the beginning. And I'm always pleased to see new and younger fans awoken by M's call. After 3 decades she still has this magnetic power that attracts us.

Well according to the Little Monsters all of Madonna's fan are eldergays with AIDS who are over the age of 60 and who will be dying off soon so Gags can replace her as Queen.

Which is funny since personally I've never once met or even ran into at her concerts a 60 year old plus Madonna fan.

Whatever makes them sleep at night