Young fans compared to older fans...

The first CD I bought when I was 8 years old was her Music album... I remember playing the title track over and over. Then when I was 16 I got back into her music and re-discovered her old catalogue and became obsessed - I even somehow convinced my mom to fly all the way to London just to see her in '09. Growing up with her in my teens has really helped me as a person and changed my life, she's such a big role model to me in so many ways!

I was 6 or 7 when I first laid eyes on M. My earliest memories are seeing the Borderline and Lucky Star videos on MTV. Have been a fan ever since, so pretty much most of my life. I don't remember a time without her.

And even as an older fan, I've looked forward to and welcomed every new era and all the changes. I've been along for the long haul, no matter what it brings, since the very first sighting. I'm always excited to see what she brings next.

Whenever I think back on any year of my life, I have a M "something" - a song, video, movie, controversy, interview, photoshoot, something - to correlate with it. That's very special to me. As fans, we really are spoiled rotten by this woman. She never went away, never stopped.

I'm 20. I started getting into madonna when I was around 9 or 10! SO I guess I'm a young fan, but I'm very reminiscent and nostalgic of her old days. I'm so jealous I didnt get to actually be around during her peaks.

I'm actually glad to be a young fan, since I have such a large back-catalog to comb through. And honestly...

I probably wouldnt be as big of a fan had I been around at her peak; I enjoy her more as the foxy ole cougar shes become than the fresh faced budding starlet of the 80's. :queenbitch:

Another difference is media and technology. I think young fans take for granted the access which is available. The first time I heard Holiday I was floored. I loved it and wanted to hear it again so badly. I stayed up all night listening to the radio waiting for them to play it again. I had my tape recorder and little mic set-up next to the radio speaker so I could record it. And, I always got the stupid deejay talking over the beginning of the song. Or, my brother would walk in and make noise (which also got recorded).

awww that is so cute!

I am 22, born in 91. I first noticed Madonna in the Frozen video clip, I would see it on the weekend and I thought "who the hell is this woman?" the video scared the hell out of me but I couldn't stop watching. Dad and I used to listen to Ray of Light in the car when it was a hit, we loved it so much!

I loved Music and Don't Tell Me. Madonna didn't come back onto my radar until I was 12. I saw the 2003 VMA performance with Britney and Christina and at the time I was a Christina fanatic so I watched it over and over again. I remember being kind of confused why everyone stood up screaming when Madonna appeared :lol: All my family thought I was a lesbian because I kept watching that video all the time, I loved it! Then dad got the internet at the end of 2003 when I moved in and he introduced me to a lot of 80's music. I only had dial up so it would take forever to download even one song, but I remember I had Lucky Star, Vogue and Holiday (some of dads favourites). I also downloaded that VMAs performance and it took days to download but I HAD TO HAVE IT!

I didn't bother with M until the beginning of 2006 when Dad got foxtel and along with that came the music channels. Sorry had just come out and Hung Up was still being heavily played. I adored both... but when I heard and saw Get Together for the first time.. that was the moment. That started it all! I was completely blown away! It was my favourite song for months and months. I had also recently started op shopping (thrift shopping) and was buying cds all the time to add to my itunes. I saw Bedtime Stories and it was like $2 so I bought it, I remember liking it but not listening too much. At some stage I started ebaying too and I bought a cheap pack of 4 cds. It had Ray of Light and Music in it and I really liked them. I was in a record store and saw the Girlie Show dvd and bought it. I watched it and thought it was the most boring thing ever hahaha.

I really started to take notice when I bought the Confessions tour cd/dvd set. I watched and danced to it heaps. By 2010 I had all the albums on my itunes and was starting to collect some Madonna vinyl. I think I started to become obsessed when I bought the Sticky and Sweet tour on amazon. When it arrived in the mail I was living with my ex and we had just bought our HD tv, blu-ray player and speakers and it was probably one of the first things I played. It is still to this day my favourite concert. I've watched it soooo many times.

I started to become full blown loon when GMAYL leaked on the internet. I was listening to Hard Candy day in and day out waiting for the new album. I think I joined this forum just before the Superbowl happened. Now I check this site daily! When Madonna cancelled Australia last year I took the day off uni and laid in bed sooking all day.

Now everyone that knows me knows that I am obsessed with Madonna. My life will not be complete until I have seen her in real life. I am almost sure I will faint.

Thanks for this forum, I love it so much and through it I have made friends with some awesome people! The power of Madonna.

(sorry that was reeeeeally long... and also would like to add i am SO fucking jealous of the fans that got to see every era, transformation, controversy, up and down moments. gah!!)

I was born in 1997 and I've always known about Madonna even when I was 3 years old and mam used to have the Music CD (I used to get her and P!nk mixed up, don't ask why) but I never knew of her legendary status until I was older. I used to listen to COADF in the car all the time (my favorite was Isaac even though I was about 8 at the time) and I remember always seeing "Hung Up, Sorry, 4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me and Celebration" on the TV, but MDNA is the first era where I can actually consider myself a fan (or more than a fan, really).

Loved your story really!

It's great to see Madonna still gaining new fans with a supposed flop era like MDNA!

From this topic you're probably the youngest one for sure :D

Anyway, i'm a fan since 2004...u guys ready? I became a fan after The Next Best Thing was on TV...not because of the movie, but because American Pie played during the credits...i asked my parents if that was a Madonna song...they said "yes" and i went to her official website...when i saw that the Like A Virgin/La Isla Bonita/Don't Cry For Me Argentina singer (the only M songs i knew the title) was also the same singer from Frozen, Music, Ray Of Light, Secret, Rain, You'll See, etc...i was shocked!

Since i'm a more recent fan, my favorite Madonna decades are 90's >>>> 00's >>>> 80's

And yeah...i get pissed of when sometimes people talk about Madonna like an artifact from the 80's, when she actually sold more during the rest of her career, and had a lot more hits than the ones from the 80's!

I also hate it when some older fans talk about everything she did during the 80's like it's untouchable or even sacred...like you can't even criticize anything. You know...those fans that say the True Blue music video is a masterpiece and than the Girl Gone Wild video is just "average" xD

Im only 17 and Madonna has always been a part of my life. As early as 3 years old, i could sing every song from The Immaculate Collection and i have learned some of the choreography of Vogue. When i got older (round 8-9), i started buying all the other albums listening to her older concerts. Last year, i was able to finish my collection of Madonna CDs (including all the compilations, studio albums, soundtracks, live CDs, live DVDs (+ bootleg BAT, Virgin Tour VHS), and a few singles here and there)

I get so annoyed when people call Madonna irrelevant, old, ugly and untalented. 306$ Million dollars, irrelevent? Bitch please.

I only saw her once live last year.

I almost past out from joy, excitement and excessive dancing.

Loved your story really!

It's great to see Madonna still gaining new fans with a supposed flop era like MDNA!

From this topic you're probably the youngest one for sure :D

Anyway, i'm a fan since 2004...u guys ready? I became a fan after The Next Best Thing was on TV...not because of the movie, but because American Pie played during the credits...i asked my parents if that was a Madonna song...they said "yes" and i went to her official website...when i saw that the Like A Virgin/La Isla Bonita/Don't Cry For Me Argentina singer (the only M songs i knew the title) was also the same singer from Frozen, Music, Ray Of Light, Secret, Rain, You'll See, etc...i was shocked!

Since i'm a more recent fan, my favorite Madonna decades are 90's >>>> 00's >>>> 80's

And yeah...i get pissed of when sometimes people talk about Madonna like an artifact from the 80's, when she actually sold more during the rest of her career, and had a lot more hits than the ones from the 80's!

I also hate it when some older fans talk about everything she did during the 80's like it's untouchable or even sacred...like you can't even criticize anything. You know...those fans that say the True Blue music video is a masterpiece and than the Girl Gone Wild video is just "average" xD

+1

Well, to add a totally different perspective...

I was born in 1996, so I missed the "glory days" train. But my mom and dad were both huge fans of hers so I heard her all the time when I was a little babychild.

And then when the ROL video came out, that's ALL that I did. I would watch that video on VHS and play it over and over and learn every move she did. (I was a pro at it, hahaha) And I would also sit on my couch with these huge headphones and listen to the ROL album on repeat every day.

It wasn't until I was about 10 that I really started to explore more than just her singles. And thank god I did. I will forever be grateful!! And it just kept going from there. :)

But, to be totally honest, the first era I really followed all the way thru from the start was the MDNA era. And I'm perfectly okay with that!

Edited by Lum

The first time I heard Madonna was when Like A Prayer came out. I remember begging my older brother, who used to be a heavy metal kind of guy back then (Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Manowar), to go and find the record for me. And when he did, he played the song for me and told me: "Just listen to this! That's her song!" I just heard that crazy guitar riff at the beginning of the song and told my bro: "Nooooooo, stop teasing me! That's not the song I heard on the radio!" But when M's angelic voice kicked in, I was in heaven...and still am up to this day.

:inlove:

I just turned 25, born in 88. I was barely a toddler when Vogue was smashing on radio but I do remember hearing certain songs "back then" even though I was so young. My mother was a fan and still is, so I like to think she passed that on to me in the womb :) being a 90's kid I had to endure massive amounts of Britney Spears and boy bands but it was Madonna's song "Ray Of Light" which became a massive hit that grabbed my attention. I knew of Madonna, in a way.....but I would say this was the song that pushed me to becoming a fan. It was the release of American Pie like 2 years later that pushed me into full loon mode. I loveeeeeeed that song so much, I would sit on the porch with my little cassette player and listen all day. I was around 12 years old around this time, with Madonna just coming off another huge era....the Music era. I was like "Wow....she can do no wrong" I remember being a freshman in high school in 2003 and some people thought it was so "strange" that I loved Madonna so much because Britney and Christina were all the rage during that time.....I didn't care though. I jumped on the Madonna train just a few years earlier and never looked back. 2003 was also the year I purchased GHV2 which let me dive deeper into her 90's classics and appreciate her even more. I remember my mom owned TIC so of course I borrowed that a lot and really fell in love with 80's Madonnna. I would like to thank Madonna for giving me courage, and for in a way being that "voice" that told me to keep going and to never give up. Discovering her music has been a true life changing event, and I cannot thank her enough. I can't think of a popstar....male or female more perfect than Madonna. Like I said earlier my mom is still a fan and has always been. She bought a new computer recenty and asked me to set it up for her, she couldn't be bothered so of course I did it for her. I told her "Mom I need you to give me a password, you will need one for your account" she said "Madonna!" :lol: I also remember a few years ago during Summer we would have water battles in the swimming pool. It was me and her on a team against my brother and one of his friends and me and my mom decided we would be "Team Vogue" it was so fun :lol: I think my 6 year old brother even likes her, he is OBSESSED with the Revolver performance from MDNA. He loves how she moves with "all those guns" We just all love Madonna! It's a family affair!

I don't think its so ironic, but I never say things so trite about age either. I really just wanted to know how it looked or felt to discover something that existed before fans were born or were aware of.

I've been sitting on the edge of my seat for the better part of 30 years, so my opinions are based on time and experience, not necessarily age. Nor am I trying to judge anyone based on age either.

It was different for me because my sister is six years older. So she was a fan from pretty much the beginning (as much as a girl from England could be). I was born in the year of the Virgin and I remember the songs she released up to 1990 being played on TV constantly. My sister had the albums but the first I REALLY got into was Erotica after LAP. I loved it especially Deeper and Deeper and Why's it so hard?. I'm not a young fan. I guess I'm the generation after the beginning.

Most fans from the early 90's Madonna are just bitter about the 'current' Madonna. And by 'current' I mean since her big change back in 1998. Since that year I've seen all kinds of bitter comments about her career moves. Back then it was all like 'I want fun Madonna from the 80's back!', then 'I want Dita back!', and now 'I want Esther/Veronica Electronica back!' :lmao:

some are still stuck in 91 and pretend that after that nothing happened :lmao:

I'm 25, and I guess I was always sort of aware of M, but I didn't really notice her until watching "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" on MTV back in 1996.

However, even though I bought the Ray of Light and Music albums, it took me a while to get into the albums as bodies of work, and I didn't become a fan as such until the AL era started with "Die Another Day", to the chagrin of my mother, who can't stand Madonna.

Discovering Madonna's back-catalogue has been a gradual process for me, and I have yet to see any of her pre-Evita films, apart from Who's That Girl.

You MUST watch Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, and Dangerous Game. And A League of Their Own I guess, although she's just okay in that.

Though she always intrigued me with her ever-changing look, I wasn't a fan at first, second, third, or fourth glance.

My mother was a Diana Ross/ Prince/ MJ loon, so Madonna had to sneak her way into my life. I'd catch a glimpse of her here & there: the Human Nature video is my FIRST memory if her, and that introduction was forever etched into my 5 year old brain, due to the fact that I had never seen a white woman with cornrows at the time).

My father is all about some soul music, so her Love Don't Live Here Anymore rendition got frequent plays at my house; that was our second interaction. In the fifth grade, I caught a glimpse of Who's That Girl on some camp-movie marathon & it was... yeah :lol:

I vaguely remember seeing the ROL-era videos on various music channels, but it wasn't until the DWT premiered on HBO that I really decided to look further into who this Madonna woman actually was...

At thirteen, I went to the movies to see Die Another Day with my father (cuz we're into macho things like Bond flicks) and there she was AGAIN. :shock: The entire American Life era (the videos, the attitude, the collab with Missy) was right up my alley. I was slowly getting into her.

Musically, COADF didn't really do much for me, but there was one shining gem on that album; GET TOGETHER. That shit hit me like a ton of bricks, aurally. :wow: There was still hope! Luckily, Bravo TV aired the Confessions Tour which introduced me to La Isla, Lucky Star, and the other classics.

Lastly, HC came, changed my 16 year old life, I bought my S&S ticket, joined this forum, and the rest is history :fag:

Interesting that you didn't mention LAP or Erotica.

I know what you mean. Its like her making another album with any of the collaborators of that time. She doesn't really look back, and why should she? Most people that have a career

are working TOWARDS something, not being nostalgic about how they arrived there. Would I love to hear another song with Pat Leonard? Sure, but i'm not gonna pine away for it to happen either. :laugh: Talk about a waste of time!

I'm happy to see how so many younger fans were exposed to her music. My niece is 17 and between me and her mom, she loves Madonna and more or less respects her above all the other divas.

I'm actually an "older" fan that is totally against M repeating herself in terms of producers. But Pat Leonard is a whole different story since I don't think any of us actually want him to produce, just co-write. I don't think reuniting with him would be "looking back" since she's reunited with him multiple times, first for "I'll Remember" in '94 after a four year break, and then for ROL after another four year break.

I'm actually an "older" fan that is totally against M repeating herself in terms of producers. But Pat Leonard is a whole different story since I don't think any of us actually want him to produce, just co-write. I don't think reuniting with him would be "looking back" since she's reunited with him multiple times, first for "I'll Remember" in '94 after a four year break, and then for ROL after another four year break.

Of all the collaborators, Pat Leonard and Mirwais are the only ones I'd be excited if she worked with. Pat because their songs are just plain magic, and that's why ROL was such a great album IMO. And Mirwais because he just takes her to that place beyond funky. :-) Anoter kind of magic, but magic nonetheless.

I'm loving the stories of discovery in this topic. For those fans that get irritated with older fans criticizing everything post-Blond Ambition, well they're just sad. They also tend to think that 'Vogue' was raping the gay community.

I was born in 86' ...

With three gay brothers, I was raised into a love/passion for club music in general. All the house, techno, r&b, rock, hip-hop and pop of the 80's & 90's were ingrained into my psyche very early on. I ,personally drifted, though, into punk-rock, new wave and disco of the late 60's and 70's and continued to explore older decades of music. However, my oldest brother was always more passionate about his love for Madonna and we all felt that she was the baddest bitch of all the other artists (no matter how much more vocally talented or well-received anyone else was)...

My brother would take care of me as a baby and he would sing Madonna songs as lullabies to me like cherish and lucky star. As I grew older, I thought it was normal to understand that Madonna was literally a Goddess. I have fond memories of watching Drowned World tour with mother to my left and my mother's gay best friend to my right and I literally bought a guitar two days later and obsessed over learning every guitar song on that tour. Prior to that, I remember my brother always spinning PRE-ray of light vinyls and being obsessed with the sounds of the 80's pop perfection that was...that I didn't live through. I remember my brother getting ready to go see M at her Bedtime Stories event at Webster Hall and him telling me about his experiences seeing her at Girlie Show and Drowned World.

As much as I loved her as my idol PRE-ray of light, something completely shifted when I popped in the ray of light cassette, and remember turning to my other brother and saying , "apparently this is a different type of Madonna, so if we don't like it, lets not laugh, let's give it a few listens and see how it digests..." and this was during the same period when Manson released Mechanical Animals and reviewers were saying the same thing.

I popped that cassette in and it resonated with me from the first opening chords of DW/SFL. It gave me something I had always been yearning for on a sub-conscious level, a more alternative Madonna and it was specifically in a period of my life where I was questioning my religious beliefs and was leaning towards more Eastern philosophical teachings. It completely blew me away and everything changed from there. When I was old enough, I went to the American Life signing and that resonated with me deeply as well. Being in her presence was unlike anything I'd ever felt only because I had grown up with her lessons and her message and I felt like she understood me on that level that is beyond a pop star...on a more political level, a more philosophical stand point that other pop stars rarely go into.

I remember being extremely vocal during American Life and getting into an argument with my teacher about Madonna and why she is so great and she threw me out of the classroom cause she told me M was disgusting for kissing the little boy in Open Your Heart.

Being able to go back into her back catalogue and discover each song and album's concept and video Imagry and interviews is so exceptionally rewarding when the artist is still working hard to keep herself inspired and to challenge her audience. You can't do that with The Beatles. You can't do that with Michael or Elvis. That is why, I especially relate to Madonna. The fame didn't destroy her. She is in complete control of it and she loves what she does and does it with conviction and with a purpose.

Above all else, she is a woman with a message of spreading love and tolerance within sexualities and breaking social taboos and that relates to be moreso as a homosexual than some hip gyrating sex-God Elvis or someone who cracked under the pressure of fame Michael...it's just all relative.

I might add that during the Music era, I followed her around quite a bit and had an ominous exchange with Guy Ritchie where I told him, "tell your wife I love her more than anything in the world" and he responded, "you don't love her as much as I do." To which I responded, "oh yes I do, TRUST ME!" LMFAO

I have so many experiences as I'm sure you all do. It's been such a rich career of consistently changing energy.

She obviously has those fans that stick by her through thick and thin no matter what, but I think she's always had a bit of "revolving" fan base. I know quite a few casual fans that are "90's teens" that don't really acknowledge much past the BS era. Then there are the "80's teens" who don't really pay attention to much beyond Vogue. It was funny witnessing her media renaissance with ROL because from my perspective, at least judging by the response of my "peers" at the time, they weren't that impressed. I can honestly say on a personal level, I know of more fans that she lost (who never came back) during that time than what she gained.....obviously, that wasn't what happened on the larger scale though. It has to be understood though that "ROL Madonna" looked somewhat fake to those who had grown up with her as the "bad girl" for the previous 15 years. The "new" fans though were loving the image and music of this new grown up, mature Madonna and I think it's fair to say as she hit 40+ that many (including myself) thought the new "toned down" Madonna was going to be how she was from that point forward.

Then came Hard Candy. Much like the "old fans" back when ROL hit, many of the "ray of lighters" saw this "new" Madonna as a bit fake and had a hard time accepting her. This was the first MAJOR Madonna reinvention for the "ray of lighters"......some stuck around, others chose to go to other shores where they can discuss how great her "electronica trilogy" is over and over and how she has completely lost it these past few years. Reading through this thread (and just the forum in general) it's amazing to see just how many "newbies" have come on board these past 5 years or so. I feel like I've read quite a few fans saying they became hardcore fans with MDNA.....I mean who would've thunk it really?? As long as she keeps on going as she has, some of the "new fans" of HC/MDNA will inevitably get disgusted with her when she does another MAJOR reinvention. Having been a fan since 1990, I'd say I'm an "old fan". However, in my high school years (late 90's) at a time when to MOST teenagers Madonna was basically an "80's girl", my fascination with her was seen as a bit unusual.....like I was 10 years too late.....Madonna was someone our older sisters (who were teens in the 80's) used to be fixated with. I mean she was no Mariah, Whitney, Janet or Celine for goodness sakes. ;)

I might add that during the Music era, I followed her around quite a bit and had an ominous exchange with Guy Ritchie where I told him, "tell your wife I love her more than anything in the world" and he responded, "you don't love her as much as I do." To which I responded, "oh yes I do, TRUST ME!" LMFAO

:lmao:

The first time I saw a Madonna video was American Pie. I'm 23.

Sure. I think La isla Bonita was the first song i've heard from her, I can't remember. But I do remember American Pie on Mtv.

:dead:

She obviously has those fans that stick by her through thick and thin no matter what, but I think she's always had a bit of "revolving" fan base. I know quite a few casual fans that are "90's teens" that don't really acknowledge much past the BS era. Then there are the "80's teens" who don't really pay attention to much beyond Vogue. It was funny witnessing her media renaissance with ROL because from my perspective, at least judging by the response of my "peers" at the time, they weren't that impressed. I can honestly say on a personal level, I know of more fans that she lost (who never came back) during that time than what she gained.....obviously, that wasn't what happened on the larger scale though. It has to be understood though that "ROL Madonna" looked somewhat fake to those who had grown up with her as the "bad girl" for the previous 15 years. The "new" fans though were loving the image and music of this new grown up, mature Madonna and I think it's fair to say as she hit 40+ that many (including myself) thought the new "toned down" Madonna was going to be how she was from that point forward.

Then came Hard Candy. Much like the "old fans" back when ROL hit, many of the "ray of lighters" saw this "new" Madonna as a bit fake and had a hard time accepting her. This was the first MAJOR Madonna reinvention for the "ray of lighters"......some stuck around, others chose to go to other shores where they can discuss how great her "electronica trilogy" is over and over and how she has completely lost it these past few years. Reading through this thread (and just the forum in general) it's amazing to see just how many "newbies" have come on board these past 5 years or so. I feel like I've read quite a few fans saying they became hardcore fans with MDNA.....I mean who would've thunk it really?? As long as she keeps on going as she has, some of the "new fans" of HC/MDNA will inevitably get disgusted with her when she does another MAJOR reinvention. Having been a fan since 1990, I'd say I'm an "old fan". However, in my high school years (late 90's) at a time when to MOST teenagers Madonna was basically an "80's girl", my fascination with her was seen as a bit unusual.....like I was 10 years too late.....Madonna was someone our older sisters (who were teens in the 80's) used to be fixated with. I mean she was no Mariah, Whitney, Janet or Celine for goodness sakes. ;)

This is one of the best posts i've ever read here on mnation! spot on! :thumbsup:

And You can bet that many more will jump into her ship once the MDNA Tour DVD is released! That's why she has such a sucessful career! She is always reinventing herself for new generations. :thumbsup:

I've been a huge fan ever since the original Justify My Love video was released. As a teenager in the eighties, I thought her music was too commercial & she attracted such large mainstream audiences that it was a major turn off for me at the time. I loved all her reinvention from Erotic through Confessions.

I really like listening & dancing to HC now, but it took me a while to get use to some of the album tracks & I was not really into the tour when I saw it live(but I love the DVD now).

I also love the MDNA album & tour, but I recognize Madonna lost some of her cutting edge & she was repeating herself on some of the album tracks. Even with some of the flaws in the MDNA era, I became much more of a fan & I don't regret seeing her four times within a few months. I really enjoyed myself at the concerts & it was a special time in my life.

I follow Madonna daily from ROL onwards. That makes me a "Ray of Lighter" and i'm ok with that. She disgusted me a few times during the HC era YES :lol: but eventually i learned to cope with her different personas and accepted it for what it is. ;)

I always felt that she reached her biggest momentum with ROL and Music. AL wasn't at all what i expected. But that was MY mistake at the time. To expect something from Madonna. As i grew older i learned how blessing i am to be a fan of such a chameleon woman that keeps delivering and making me experience different things in life. :)

Interesting that you didn't mention LAP or Erotica.

Well... both were released in my infancy, so :lol:

Back in 2008, I really started scanning through her discography & Erotica became one of my favorite albums/ eras :erotica: M-Dolla lead me to Dita.

I follow Madonna daily from ROL onwards. That makes me a "Ray of Lighter" and i'm ok with that. She disgusted me a few times during the HC era YES :lol: but eventually i learned to cope with her different personas and accepted it for what it is. ;)

I always felt that she reached her biggest momentum with ROL and Music. AL wasn't at all what i expected. But that was MY mistake at the time. To expect something from Madonna. As i grew older i learned how blessing i am to be a fan of such a chameleon woman that keeps delivering and making me experience different things in life. :)

Awww :kiss2:

i was born in 94... i became a fan because of mdna ( which is quite ironic because i don't really like mdna that much compared to her other albums) and before i became a fan i was always aware of her, i knew she's a big deal but didn't know any of her songs (except for don't cry for me argentina, probably). the only thing i could remember about her before i became obsessed with her was seeing a story talking about her veiny hands in a local newspaper...

my fandom started when i accidentally heard masterpiece online, i loved the song and looked for the singer, my jaw was on the floor when i found out it was from MADONNA because i thought the song was from someone in her 20s or something... i was totally in awe and began to look for her older stuff. and 3 months later the mdna tour started, i went to see the tour and was like sdfgofgoawyefgw SHE'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!

so for me i've always wanted to go back to the old days... i wish i could be born in the 80s or even earlier and grow up with her. it will be cool for me to know what it feels like to be a madonna fan when she is not yet the queen of pop (80s) or in the erotica/rol era... anyway, i still feel lucky to be her fan when looking at the little monsters :chuckle: