Madonna Talks About her Goddamned Age

Phineaspoe

Wisdom is not a concept and I don't believe there are no more intelligent young people who do not value the wisdom of older people. The ones who don't are just probaly more attention seeking and inescapable.

This is on display in the pop world when you see who respects Madonna and other people who have come before them and who doesn't. Intelligence is not gone, although it has been challenged.

Edited by Larkspur

I know of women who smoked all their lives and had a poor diet and it shows in their skin and I know women who took care of themselves, drank water and got exercise and they did not have many if any wrinkles in their fifties. I don't where people get the idea that women in their fifties have a ton of wrinkles. They have lines developing and so does Madonna. If you take care of the inside then the less you need to do on the outside.

Yes, that's true. Most people I know in their fifties have wrinkles around the eyes which Madonna has but not that many on the rest of their face. Neither my grandmother or mother smoked and both ate healthy. My grandmother (she's dead now) always looked really young for her age and so does my mom. I guess there's also a genetic component. My mom is funny because she's not extravagant and doesn't spend a lot of money on most stuff, but she buys high end skin care like Chanel. I guess there must be something to the expensive lines after all because her skin is beautiful. She has hardly any wrinkles and she's in her seventies. I think it's human nature to want to look good as long as you can. I don't think necessarily something society is putting into your head.

I love when she makes a statement like that, just reminds me how incredibly intelligent she is

Me, too. I love how she is very straightforward and direct and cuts right to the heart of the matter. You don't have to guess what she means or try to read between the lines.

All of the thoughtful conversations and opinions (okay, some more than others) expressed in this thread are happening around the world among people of all ages, in any context - and that's the power of what Madonna is doing. This is the role of the artist - to spark conversations, not to solve them.

I do think she could be even smarter in the way she's handled a few events/songs/stories recently, but as someone wisely pointed out a few pages back Madonna is, first and foremost, just being Madonna.

The day Madonaa starts covering up like a grandma is the day I hand in my fan club membership ( she did come close during those stupid book releases). She is a rebel at heart, and I suspect we all enjoy it when she goes agains the norm, otherwise we would all be discussing celine quisine dion. They should invent a new term purly because of Madonna GILF.

So it's totally ok for Prince to still have his signature OTT looks and no one blink an eye. Madonna rocking her signature overtly sexual looks is being desperate granny? I don't see anyone calling Prince a grandpa in heels.

So it's totally ok for Prince to still have his signature OTT looks and no one blink an eye. Madonna rocking her signature overtly sexual looks is being desperate granny? I don't see anyone calling Prince a grandpa in heels.

Well to be fair I dont see anyone talking about Prince in general.

Havent heard anyone talk about his performance at all.

Guest bluejean

I think people repeatedly forget the difference between reality and fantasy. Madonna isn't a regular person so she shouldn't be compared to a regular person. She is one of the most famous women of all time. It is her job to look good, to project a fantasy image out to her fans/the public which is part of her persona and performance art. So of course she has had surgery, let's be honest, if she didn't people would be even more obsessed about how "old" she is. Including her fans who would be in full meltdown mode. Her image is such a big part of what she does and I really think if she wasn't as famous as she is, and had faded into the background like Cyndi Lauper she wouldn't be bothering with the cosmetic surgery. Madonna wants to keep up because she wants to keep doing it the way she does it. But on the inside in her regular life I don't think she is THAT obsessed with looking young or hot. Otherwise, we wouldn't have seen her out directing her film etc without makeup looking her age.

As for her fitness, she started that in the 80's after she became successful so she would have the energy to keep up with her life and career. I don't think she does it now to "try and keep young," it's just such a big part of her lifestyle she would never stop. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to get through the day let alone a world tour at her age.

Dressing provocatively has always been part of her career. The reason she keeps doing it now is because people keep telling her not to. That is the nature of Madonna.

I love when she makes a statement like that, just reminds me how incredibly intelligent she is

Love that too, is so Madonna that kind of comment.

I hate how some people are so obsessed about other people's age and how they look, especially for women. And the saddest thing if that those criticisms about age often come from other women, to me that's just being jealous. It's like if women had to face their death after 40 something, which is totally ridiculous. She obviously takes a very good care of herself, which helps a lot. My mom is 55 and people always think she's a lot younger but she doesn't expose herself to the sun and uses like a lot of very expensive face products. That plus attitude (and a little help from botox of stuff like that) helps create this image of being younger, and we all know Madonna has the attitude!!

Also judging her because of her outfit is pretty stupid, it's not like she is always dressed like that (I did love her outfits at the Billboard Awars and the MET gala). Obviously those kind of outfits are the ones she wears for public events in which she presents herself as Madonna the artist, not Madonna the mom or any other role.

As for her fitness, she started that in the 80's after she became successful so she would have the energy to keep up with her life and career. I don't think she does it now to "try and keep young," it's just such a big part of her lifestyle she would never stop. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to get through the day let alone a world tour at her age.

Agree with the above. She hasn't had surgery though.

Guest bluejean

Agree with the above. She hasn't had surgery though.

Hasn't she? I thought that was basically a fact now? I don't really know much about cosmetic procedures and what is what but most people looking at her face would agree she's definitely had things done. Whether it's classified as "surgery" I don't know.

I think she is will continue to sing Human Nature, Ray of Light, Music and La Isla Bonita, until the age issue is dropped! So let's stop any age talk now!!!!

Hasn't she? I thought that was basically a fact now? I don't really know much about cosmetic procedures and what is what but most people looking at her face would agree she's definitely had things done. Whether it's classified as "surgery" I don't know.

Surgery is invasive and permanent. Botox and fillers are not. Madonna has depressions and folds in the tissue in her face. That's how I'm certain she hasnt had invasive surgery.

madonna-brahim-zaibit-heelless-shoes.jpg

It's clear that she regularly uses Botox and restylane in the same way that she used to get chemical peels. A refresher.

Of course she's had a facelift. Get over it!

I wouldn't care of she had but she hasn't. What kind of facelift leaves somebody with jowls and cheek folds?

Surgery is invasive and permanent. Botox and fillers are not. Madonna has depressions and folds in the tissue in her face. That's how I'm certain she hasnt had invasive surgery.

madonna-brahim-zaibit-heelless-shoes.jpg

It's clear that she regularly uses Botox and restylane in the same way that she used to get chemical peels. A refresher.

Thank you

Feminists should be focussing on the fact that the media constantly put her age into her face... Do they say to prince he's 54 now ??

I do think she's remaining true to herself and to who she wants to be, regardless on how old she is and no matter what people will say about it... she really doesn't care what people say, I like that.

I think she is will continue to sing Human Nature, Ray of Light, Music and La Isla Bonita, until the age issue is dropped! So let's stop any age talk now!!!!

If she can pull Like A Virgin off effectively at 54 years old, I don't think any other song in her catalog should be a problem!

Feminists should be focussing on the fact that the media constantly put her age into her face... Do they say to prince he's 54 now ??

I do think she's remaining true to herself and to who she wants to be, regardless on how old she is and no matter what people will say about it... she really doesn't care what people say, I like that.

I hate when people say she's being "try hard" when she's just doing what she's always done. All of a sudden, it's an issue....I don't get it. Who in the hell honestly thought MADONNA (of alllll celebrities) was going to just become a demure, "regular" middle aged woman because it's the "appropriate" thing to do?? Madonna has never been "appropriate". Even at her most "appropriate" (Ritchie years) she was still "inappropriate" by general standards...lol.

She's so smart. This 'popstar' business is full of fucking stupid sluts and she must laugh all day long at people saying all kind of shit about her everywhere. Man, I would love to be Madonna go to websites like Popjustice and The Jersey Shore. Losers. :lmao:

Yeah....it seems like a lot of the pop sluts don't really "get" Madonna and sort of take everything at face value....as does a lot of the general public. There is more to "being Madonna" than running around in slutty outfits and chirping out some songs other people write for you. It's amazing how many people have that perception of Madonna to this day.

And it always will be, even after her death.

Its interesting that technically this MDNA era had 'no promo', but she seems to be in the spotlight in a way that she wasn't back in 2008/2009.

It looks like she was waiting for the 'new pop princesses' shit to come and go and then come back with a bang.

I'm in love with Madonna this era in a way I wasn't since 1998. More of this, M! :)