Some Girls and Falling Free were rehearsed for the tour

Msig

I want the next reinvention of Ray Of Light to be just like the original from the 70's. The 'and I feel like I just got home' part is just so amazing and it fits the world music section from her tours like a glove. Do it, Madge!

[media=]

[/media]

funny i always imagine her doing the original version of this song (acoustically) and incorporating elements of her own 1998 version..of course that'll never happen, but one can dream

Guest Rachelle of London

The original mixed with Cyberraga would be amazing! Wish she wouldve done that for MDNA, with elements of I'm a SInner

Guest bluejean

I want her to do the Sasha Ultra Violet remix of Ray of Light in the next tour and she also must do Nothing Really Matters. Long overdue!

I want her to do the Sasha Ultra Violet remix of Ray of Light in the next tour and she also must do Nothing Really Matters. Long overdue!

I think it would be hard to find anyone who doesn't think she should have done this a long time ago. The really irritating thing is that it's not like when people go "oh my god why hasn't she done Bad Girl" because Bad Girl doesn't fit, NRM would have fit on every tour she's done in the last 14 years bar Confessions. To make it worse, there are constant rumours that she rehearsed it and then scrapped it. I can only assume that because it's quite a simple song that is made so glorious in it's original incarnation by the production and her vocals, it would be quite easy for it to sound flat live, and that's why she doesn't do/hasn't done it.

I think it would be hard to find anyone who doesn't think she should have done this a long time ago. The really irritating thing is that it's not like when people go "oh my god why hasn't she done Bad Girl" because Bad Girl doesn't fit, NRM would have fit on every tour she's done in the last 14 years bar Confessions. To make it worse, there are constant rumours that she rehearsed it and then scrapped it. I can only assume that because it's quite a simple song that is made so glorious in it's original incarnation by the production and her vocals, it would be quite easy for it to sound flat live, and that's why she doesn't do/hasn't done it.

I think she's just afraid people might not know it, but actually every Madonna fan should know this amazing song!

• 3 months later...

Some Girls is one of the best MDNA songs and should have been a part of MDNA Tour. I wouldn't like if Vogue was switched with Some Girls, because Vogue should be performed on every tour.

Some Girls should have been instead of some crappy songs like Revolver, TUTR, Candy Shop (which was good on MDNA...)...

Oh I just read this! I agree 100%, the glorious of NRM is the voice, the back vocals, the tenderness of the timbre. But she could do a great rendition or something, is such a beautiful song and is Keep It Together sister: both were destined to be big singles, but bigger new singles came along (Vogue and Beautiful Stranger). At least we got the FANTASTIC vid for Nothing Really Matters. We never got KIT :(

The really irritating thing is that it's not like when people go "oh my god why hasn't she done Bad Girl" because Bad Girl doesn't fit

Are you kidding? Bad Girl instead of In This Life (after the Deeper And Deeper/Why's It So Hard orgy) in TGS. Bad Girl instead of Gone in DWT. Bad Girl instead of Deeper And Deeper in RIT. Bad Girl instead of either Paradise or DW in CT. Bad Girl between Human Nature and Like A Virgin in MDNA (I don't have the heart to take out Virgin Waltz/Love Spent perfection but the theme fits).

The only tour I don't see it fitting in is Sticky, cause it was too dancey.

You don't mess with Bad Girl, sistah! :noway:

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding? Bad Girl instead of In This Life (after the Deeper And Deeper/Why's It So Hard orgy) in TGS. Bad Girl instead of Gone in DWT. Bad Girl instead of Deeper And Deeper in RIT. Bad Girl instead of either Paradise or DW in CT. Bad Girl between Human Nature and Like A Virgin in MDNA (I don't have the heart to take out Virgin Waltz/Love Spent perfection but the theme fits).

I adore Bad Girl, and think it's brilliant, but that doesn't equate to it working. On The Girlie Show, yes it could have gone in, but it's far too dark for a lot of the instances you suggest, except maybe in place of Deeper and Deeper. It is strange as an M song in that it is exclusively mournful, with little positivity, and is so intensely dramatic, even melodramatic. As such I think if it were to be done on tour, it would need a section structured around it, not to be slotted in where it could fit.

love ya!

Bad Girl is #1

#2 would be Nothing Really Matters, which would've fit on every tour!!

Nothing Really Matters instead of Nobody's Perfect on DWT

Nothing Really Matters instead of Frozen on RIT

Nothing Really Matters instead of Drowned World on CT

Nothing Really Matters instead of Rain, Ray of Light or Hung Up on S&S

Nothing Really Matters anywhere in the last segment of the MDNA Tour

Well then she could have performed Bad Girl in at least three of her last 20 years tours and it would have fitted perfectly. I'm thinking it might have to do with being a challenging vocal song and since it was no Ray Of Light that was a huge hit and needed to be performed she probably discarded it.

Nothing Really Matters would have been the LIFE in the last sections of Sticky and or MDNA

Maybe she should have a girl section on next tour:

Material girl

Bad girl

Girl gone wild ( unfortunately, make this a five second interlude)

Somegirls

What it feels like for a girl

Bad Girl would've been perfect instead of:

Hung Up on MDNA!!! Imagine Gang Bang leading into Bad Girl.

Girl Gone Wild -> Revolver -> Gang Bang -> Bad Girl -> I Don't Give A

"Like a girl gone wild, a good girl gone wild"

"Bang Bang shot you dead, shot my lover in the head...and I have no regrets"

"Something's missing and I don't know why" / "I always feel the need to hide my feelings" / "I don't wanna cause you any pain...and you'll always be my baby"

and then...

"I DON'T GIVE A!" / "I tried to be a good girl" / "I tried to be your wife!"

I've always thought that a slow rendition of the first verse/chorus of Ray of Light would be great inbetween Cyberraga and Like a Prayer. It wouldn't disrupt the flow of the Kalakan Trio much and it would shut the greatest hits brigade up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...