I'm thinking about buying Celebration....

frzndrwnwrld

People get so weird about fans who "pay attention".

I am greatful to fans that pay attention. Some things I just don't notice, other areas I'm not an expert in.... what is really amazing about Madonna fans is there are intelligent Madonna fans who can give you every last detail you need, about everything from variations of every track, to pre-fame music, to unreleased material, to chart perfomances, and on and on, it's something that I don't think happens in every fan base.

I am greatful to fans that pay attention. Some things I just don't notice, other areas I'm not an expert in.... what is really amazing about Madonna fans is there are intelligent Madonna fans who can give you every last detail you need, about everything from variations of every track, to pre-fame music, to unreleased material, to chart perfomances, and on and on, it's something that I don't think happens in every fan base.

It's miraculous. I applaud and am thankful for those that know the chart history and statistics. There's a lot of inaccurate information out there, yet they know the real stuff.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree, I'm grateful aswell. You cant rely on Wiki or other "sources" for the correct information. Especially with a large part of Ms career occured pre-internet. Look how much info there is on this forum alone, as Supernatural said I dont think that happens in every fanbase. Its so nice for us fans, especially the younger ones who missed out on certain eras and such.

Some fans complains about not the correct edit version, they want the original edit.

Some fans complains about the edit version, they want the original version.

Some fans complains about the original version tracklisting, they want songs that they preferred.

When WB includes the ORIGINAL version and ALL the songs in a GH, some fans will comment they had already had the album, so no point buying.

Conclusion: WB can't please everyone. They have to do it from the commercial point of view, not by fans point of view.

I don't mind 'new' edits as long as they're well done and keep in all my favourite parts of the song. I hope one day there's a full, proper singles box set - 4 or 5 discs with the singles in chronological order and a disc of 'rare & unreleased' stuff. One day ...

Some fans complains about not the correct edit version, they want the original edit.

Some fans complains about the edit version, they want the original version.

Some fans complains about the original version tracklisting, they want songs that they preferred.

When WB includes the ORIGINAL version and ALL the songs in a GH, some fans will comment they had already had the album, so no point buying.

Conclusion: WB can't please everyone. They have to do it from the commercial point of view, not by fans point of view.

I only want the versions of the songs that made them famous, as simply as that

I gave my cd copy to my mum and sold the DVD on eBay. Both releases are awful. Don't bother! Plus the artwork is just offensively bad, so cheap and tacky I'm amazed the read people actaully like it?! Mr Brainwash has to be the lamest "street artist" ever

I do appreciate the fans who REALLY look into these things and it's quite impressive because honestly, had some of these things not been pointed out to me I wouldn't have noticed them. I WISH I were that technologically savvy to be able to hear/see the slightest of glitches! The sound distortion on Erotica and the cutoff intro to DYU are the only things that popped out to me when I listened. I didn't really consider DYU to be a "glitch" I just thought it was a new "Celebration edit". I DO hear the popping in Music now, but only after it was pointed out to me and honestly, it depends on the speakers I'm listening to the CD through as to whether I even hear that glitch or not. However, to the casual fan that this CD/DVD collection is marketed to, it really is quite perfect. It's Madonna 101 for those who are on their path to enlightenment. :) As far as the DVD goes, again, it looked great to me but I'm JUST now starting to get into Blu-Ray's.....so obviously, I'm not in any way shape or form ahead of the curve with these kind of things. :( Regardless of what could've been though, the fact is, until this release we didn't have any of these videos in this great of quality.

It was TIC cassette and VHS that started me on my path to full blown Madonna loondom and GOD KNOWS, knowing what I know now, MANY of those edits are horrible and that Q-Sound was dated by 1992 but despite those things, I listened to that album front to back religiously for YEARS even after I discovered her studio albums. TIC did the job it was intended to do, it turned a casual fan into a diehard fan who has pretty much bought every single thing she has recorded since.

So....with all the talk about what we don't like about Celebration, are there any edits that any of us actually prefer?? Something about Lucky Star, Cherish and especially Beautiful Stranger really sound great to me on Celebration. Don't know quite how to pinpoint EXACTLY what it is but.....LS sounds a bit funkier, Cherish sounds smoother and I can hear sounds in BS that I never noticed before.

I know you can never keep everyone happy, but I think the problem with Celebration is that it doesn't really cater to any audience particularly well. I mean, why would the casuals want to listen to Miles Away or Hollywood instead of one of the many omitted hits, like You'll See or Deeper and Deeper? And why do they need 5- or 6-minute-long versions of Hung Up or Frozen instead of the radio edits? I think if they'd done a chronological tracklist featuring the biggest hits and used the original radio or video versions, many of which are rare or unavailable on CD but which would still be recognisable for casual listeners, it would have been a much better compilation for everyone.

And I know some people don't like TIC because of the new mixes but at least this was a deliberate choice and the whole package had care and attention lavished on it, which the shoddy Celebration apparently didn't. I love the original versions of the songs, but the Q-Sound mixes at least remove a lot of the dated 80s compression and really open up the songs.

"Vogue" - "Hanky Panky" - "Justify My Love" - "Rescue Me" - "This Used To Be My Playground" - "Erotica" - "Deeper And Deeper" - "Bad Girl"...

Looking at her succession of singles in their full context, chronological works fine. It just is what it is and makes you appreciate how extremely versatile she's always been. :)

Celebration is utter shit. They didn't even get the songwriting/production credits right. The ONLY reason I own it is for the album version of "Revolver." Horrible song, but I can't help but want to own it on CD. Is it available on any of the singles? Because if it is, I might just pick it up and sell the damn album.

I only have the standard version of Celebration because I think Revolver is disgusting and don't need it.

It only works live, but it's because she's a fucking goddess on stage. I can watch S&S over and over but still won't touch that crap album released in 2008.

Wow, your quite...., disgusting.

By the way, here's a site which shows the difference between the original edition of Celebration and the corrected one:

http://madonnacollec...lCorrect2CD.htm

It says that the corrected edition has other matrix numbers on the CDs as the original edition's ones.

which ones were the original ones? because my Celebration has the numbers that appear in that page, and I bought it when it first came...