Happy 27th Live to Tell!

Guest groovyguy

Such a beautiful, unusual, sad and incredible ballad. I never tire of listening to this. I don't know of anyone who could sing Live to tell with more feeling and poignancy.

She looked so beautiful in the video as well. It was such a departure from her look in the Like a Virgin era which I also happened to love.

madonna-live-to-tell-video-cap-0032.jpg?w=1000

A lot of people mention that Madonna has shocked over the years. The closest I ever came was the American Life video as far as holding it back. She has surprised me though and this was the first time. I do remember hearing the song when it came out and seeing the video and my teenage self was ever so slightly disappointed with the missing Like A Virgin look. I wasn't upset or shocked just in awe and fascinated with the song and the video.

Stunning song. Took me by suprise at the time. Such a different sound to the LAV and First Album songs. I remember thinking oh god, she's gonna be boring now and just sing serious songs.

Then LTT grew on me so much I realised that a more mature Madonna would be a great thing. And then along came the amazing grown up pop song PDP which just cemented her brilliance!

It was such a surprise the firts time I saw it on MTV, it was so simple and at the same it had such power