Ray Of Light 15th Anniversary Thread

cosmic_system

Happy Ray Of Light day. Her greatest album ever (COADF is mi favorite tho). ROL is a masterpiece.

My fav song is Sky Fits Heaven the chorus with the keyboards is one of the greatest things i've ever heard.

Guest Pud Whacker

"Frozen" was sent to stations packed in dry ice on Valentine's Day, 1998. :D

Madonna-Frozen-Ice-Chest-204469.jpg

204469b.jpg

1. Radio Edit

2. Album Version

3. Hook For Call Out Research

i had that frozen cooler, my friend worked at record label - sold it on ebay back in the day for 600. bucks!!!

Can you tell us more? ;)

edward russel: owner of madonnarama.com ;) I believe it even won a few prices for biggest or best fan site.. I lurked on the site when I was 13. :p he closed because he preferred kylie. I think because of certain discussions, comparable to the lupus thread ;)

Happy Birthday to the album every tries to repeat to this day. No other Artist can come close to this album's perfection, poise, creativity, and brilliance. M is the ultimate game changer. While everyone was up in arms listening to BOTney, NSTINK, Backstreet Bums...I played this album non stop. My original copy is full of scratches....

Every loon from the lesser whores want a Ray Of Light from their shitty idols but it will never happen. :lol:/>

:rotfl: XTINA loons glorified LOTUS as her ROL .... :lol:

I remember exactly where I was when I heard Frozen for the first time. I was starved for M after a relatively quiet year or so after Lola was born. I almost had to pull my car over I was so thrilled to hear her again. The entire RoL album is truly a gift.

Did you know the Dolce&Gabbana dress from the cover is ACTUALLY a coat? Stefano Gabbana told me it wasn't a dress the other day and I was shocked :laugh:

Cosmic system, you know Stefano Gabbana and talk to him ! Fantastic, I just love Dolce and Gabbana :laugh:

Did you know the Dolce&Gabbana dress from the cover is ACTUALLY a coat? Stefano Gabbana told me it wasn't a dress the other day and I was shocked :laugh:

yes isn't it a two piece coat? A satin coat and then a fitted plastic overcoat thing

Film Delay Blamed For Madonna Tour Cancellation

Meanwhile, pop diva plans to collaborate with ex-Menudo member on song and considers another greatest hits LP.

Madonna scotched plans for a fall tour in support of her Grammy-winningRay of Light album due to the re-scheduled starting date of her upcoming film, "The Next Best Thing," according to the singer's spokesperson.

Meanwhile, she plans to team with former Menudo member and Grammy-winning Latin singer Ricky Martin soon, and to gather material for a second greatest hits album, including a few new songs.

"The starting date of the movie was postponed," said Liz Rosenberg, "and it created such a small window to turn things around and get into total tour mode and put together the kind of show Madonna does, with no stone unturned, that she thought it would be better to wait until 2000."

Rosenberg said current plans call for Madonna to hit the road "sometime after the millennium," although no timetable was given.

The outing would have been Madonna's first string of live dates since 1993's elaborate, five-date "Girlie Show" tour. Madonna won three Grammy awards last month for 1998's Ray of Light, which included the hit title song Rosenberg said Madonna had met with "a couple of production people" about plans for the nixed tour, and she speculated that coordinating the elaborate, Geisha-themed performance for the Grammys may have "reminded her of the volume of work she'd have to do for a tour."

In January, the singer told CNN talk-show host Larry King she was prepared to tour this year but intended to give up extensive touring in the near future, so she could spend time with her toddler daughter, Lourdes. The pop diva said she is so committed to raising her daughter, that she has decided not to travel outside the Los Angeles area once Lourdes turns 4. But that wasn't going to stop her from embarking on a world tour this year, she added.

As recently as Feb. 24, the night of the Grammys, Madonna appeared committed to the Ray of Light tour. But when questioned about how being a mother might affect her career, Madonna said that in the immediate future concert tours would take place in the summer, when her daughter is out of school.

Rosenberg said Madonna also is working on a collaboration with former Menudo member Martin, the Grammy-winning Latin singer with whom Madonna bonded publicly at the Grammys. Madonna is working on a song for Martin with Ray of Light producer William Orbit, Rosenberg said.

Following his Grammy win for Best Latin Pop Performance, Madonna rushed onstage and hugged the singer. First covering his eyes in a peekaboo gesture, Madonna told the assembled scribes she "just wanted to congratulate" Martin. She hugged and kissed the handsome singer before jumping back off the stage. Madonna stayed close to the podium and posed with Martin after his press appearance.

"She knows [Martin] and is a big, big fan," Rosenberg said. "She's working with [Ray of Light co-producer] William Orbit on a song for him." Rosenberg said Madonna also is contemplating recording a song for the upcoming soundtrack to the "Austin Powers" sequel, "The Spy Who Shagged Me," due in early summer on Madonna's Maverick Records.

Additional new material might be in the offing by year's end, Rosenberg said. "There's been discussion of an Immaculate Collection 2 with a few new cuts," the publicist said. Madonna released the greatest hits package The Immaculate Collection in 1990, which featured such '80s radio staples as "Lucky Star" (RealAudio excerpt) and "Like a Prayer."

"The Next Best Thing," Madonna's first movie since the 1996 filming of the Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical "Evita," will co-star actor Rupert Everett, who also penned the script, and will be helmed by veteran director John Schlesinger ("Midnight Cowboy").

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/512811/madonna-axed-tour-shoot-film.jhtml

Thanks Cosmic, it's so nice to see these again.....all of my ICON mags are in storage, but I used to LIVE for her letters. I remember DREAMING and LIVING for the ROL Tour. When she mentions it herself directly to the fans it was like the world stopped spinning. One of the biggest mistakes of her career, choosing TNBT over the ROL Tour.

Guest Not4Pussies

After posting a pic of Ray Of Light album on Instagram I was surprised by all the likes from straight guys.