MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

Wait a minute...we're getting a 2-DISC LIVE CD ALBUM???????!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???????????

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Not necessarily

Could come sooner

Regardless of the fact that she's releasing the full show on cd

If it's only coming out a month later than originally announced, I don't see why that would push anything back for next year at all.

They should bundle the MDNA album with the two live discs and increase the album sales another half million worldwide. :sassy:

Yes

A photo book as well

Guest bluejean

I guess that means no new album any time soon. :(

There has been no talk of a new album or her even recording anything so far this year

Why 2 live cd? Shakira's last DVD included the whole show in an audio cd (17 songs)

Because a 130minute CD hasn't been invented yet.

Guest alebb

Why 2 live cd? Shakira's last DVD included the whole show in an audio cd (17 songs)

Not the whole show they cut si te vas and gordita from the cd. And the mdna tour is not 130 min.

I think they can put the whole show in one cd

Maybe the 2nd CD will have outtakes that were rehearsed and/or L'Olympia additions? That would be cool.

I am ok with a September release. We've waited this long...plus closer to 4th quarter so potentially higher sales.

Guest alebb

Maybe the 2nd CD will have outtakes that were rehearsed and/or L'Olympia additions? That would be cool.

I am ok with a September release. We've waited this long...plus closer to 4th quarter so potentially higher sales.

True, but there should be at least another broadcast for other countries while we wait.

I wonder if they are trying a marketing strategy with the 2CD set to see if they can get sales better than they did for MDNA. Maybe they will give a big sales/promo push to the live CDs to see if she can still sell CDs in big numbers again. If so they may promote her next studio album with more gusto.

I hope they just release the following formats:

2CD+DVD (digipak)

2CD+Blu-ray (BD case)

Digital Download

Too many different formats will end up in sales being all over the place and might affect her position on the album charts.

I wonder if they are trying a marketing strategy with the 2CD set to see if they can get sales better than they did for MDNA. Maybe they will give a big sales/promo push to the live CDs to see if she can still sell CDs in big numbers again. If so they may promote her next studio album with more gusto.

I am not sure there would be any expectation for large CD sales for this project. If anything, they just want to charge more for the product. It is relatively inexpensive to add a second CD, but you can charge a few dollars more claiming more value.

I hope they just release the following formats:

2CD+DVD (digipak)
2CD+Blu-ray (BD case)
Digital Download

Too many different formats will end up in sales being all over the place and might affect her position on the album charts.

That's true. Depending on what format people choose, we could see a lot of fluctuation in the charts.

And the mdna tour is not 130 min.

I think they can put the whole show in one cd

Maybe they have edited the extra songs into the DVD edit and the CD, Beautiful Killer, Don't Cry For Me, Holiday etc.

Guest alebb

Maybe they have edited the extra songs into the DVD edit and the CD, Beautiful Killer, Don't Cry For Me, Holiday etc.

Who knows that would be awesome

Someone reported from shittribe that the release is delayed to some time in September. Good news is that the whole audio will be released on a double CD format, with and without DVD, as well as DVD alone. Blu ray too.

The show without speech is 1hr 50mins, so there is no way its going on 1 disc! If they are wise, and to keep the sections together we will get:

CD 1 (58:45)

1. "Virgin Mary" (Intro)
  2. "Girl Gone Wild"
  3. "Revolver"
  4. "Gang Bang"
  5. "Papa Don't Preach"
  6. "Hung Up"
  7. "I Don't Give A"
  8. "Best Friend" (video interlude)
  9. "Express Yourself"
  10. "Give Me All Your Luvin'"
  11. "Radio Dial Static" (video interlude)
  12. "Turn Up the Radio"
  13. "Open Your Heart"
  14. "Speech"
  15. "Masterpiece"

CD 2 (54:05)

1. "Justify My Love" (video interlude)
  2. "Vogue"
  3. "The Erotic Candy Shop"
  4. "Human Nature"
  5. "Like A Virgin Waltz"
  6. "Love Spent"
  7. "Like A Virgin Waltz" (outro to "Love Spent")
  8. "Nobody Knows Me" (video interlude)
  9. "I'm Addicted"
  10. "I'm A Sinner"
  11. "De Trevilles-n azken hitzak" (intro to "Like a Prayer")
  12. "Like A Prayer"
  13. "Celebration"
Edited by JWAD

Guest groovyguy

Once again, MDNA Tour Pre-orders:

MDNA Tour - CD Album 2 Volumes 17€99 http://musique.fnac.com/a6223618/Madonna-MDNA-tour-CD-album

MDNA tour Edition Deluxe DVD + 2 CD 26€99 http://video.fnac.com/a6223617/MDNA-tour-Edition-Deluxe-DVD-2-CD-Madonna-DVD-Zone-2

MDNA Tour Blu-Ray 19€99 http://video.fnac.com/a6174474/MDNA-Tour-Blu-Ray-Blu-Ray

MDNA Tour DVD Zone 2 17€99 http://video.fnac.com/a6174473/MDNA-Tour-DVD-DVD-Zone-2

I remember this being mentioned on here before. For some reason, Blu-Ray discs can not be packaged with CDs. Is this true? Why the hell not? Is it some conflict between Sony and Philips?