Confirmed? "MDNA Tour is her SECOND tour under LN"

Phineaspoe

In Madonnarama's latest and final boxscores review of the MDNA tour, they state in bold:

"'MDNA' is the second tour under a 10-year multi-rights deal between Madonna and Live Nation, signed in 2007."

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/01/24/madonnas-mdna-tour-final-boxscores-sold-out-and-over-305-million-total-gross/#ixzz2IrScOKke

I found this interesting due to all the back and forth we usually have in this forum as to whether S&S's second leg counts as a tour or not. At the same time, while the statement is presented as fact, it is NOT a quote from LiveNation.

And also, I know some of you with good memory could confirm: is it that Madge is supposed to perform at least 4 tours in ten years, or is there no set number of tours? Thank you.

Thoughts?

Well it's just Madonnarama's text, I highly doubt they know for sure either.

I'm just surprised they would put it in bold. I read that two ways: 1) they were told this, and since they know the fans have been speculating they bolded it to imply, "Mortals, this is the Truth." or 2) they made it up as you say but they totally think they're in the right.

She signed for 3 albums and 3 tours to promote those albums.

Sticky was not included on this deal as far as i know.

Doesn't even make sense to release one album and not doing a tour...at least can't see her doing that xD

I am not sure about those details...on a conference call in October 2007, Arthur Fogel said that the first tour under the deal would take place "within 18 months" - so Sticky and Sweet was part of that deal. They also said they expected Madonna to tour 4 times in 10 years and deliver 3 studio albums. I am still not sure if we've ever had confirmation about S&S part 2 being a separate tour, however someone at MTribe said it was just a side deal and that S&S parts 1 and 2 still count as 1 TOUR (as far as this 2007 contract is concerned).

I would assume of the four tours, S&S was the one NOT to match a Live Nation album (because she was still at Warner so that tour's album was Hard Candy). Any subsequent tour would be matched with an LP release from Live Nation.

The deal was for 4 tours and 3 albums. Sticky was the first; MDNA was 2nd. Deal with it and move on!

sticky 2008 was the first, sticky 2009 was the second, but in 2009 they signed a new deal for +1 tour, which makes MDNA the second tour under the contract

She signed for 3 albums and 3 tours to promote those albums.

Sticky was not included on this deal as far as i know.

Doesn't even make sense to release one album and not doing a tour...at least can't see her doing that xD

Well that was the norm until for most of the 90s.

Four tours, three albums, just as Nightshade said. S&S counts as one, so we have two more tours and albums to look forward to before the big question mark arrives....

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=42057&st=0&p=1414279entry1414279

That's correct. She doesn't have to make any albums if she doesn't want to; she would just forgo the $17 million advance per album. Her contract expires in 2017 so we still have 5 years roughly left. If she releases album in 2014 and 2016 then tours the following year or, as of late, tours the same year then she will definitely fulfill her contract with no problems. The good thing is that there's not time for her to direct a movie if she decides to do two shorter legs a la S&S instead of the long haul of MDNA. :laugh:

I honestly can't see her throwing herself into writing and directing a film so soon after the mauling that W.E. got. At least when she was acting in films she had some hope because occasionally she had some good roles or was in a film that wasn't universally mauled. She's now had 2 directorial efforts which were universally panned. I can't see her throwing herself into another film too quickly.

I honestly can't see her throwing herself into writing and directing a film so soon after the mauling that W.E. got. At least when she was acting in films she had some hope because occasionally she had some good roles or was in a film that wasn't universally mauled. She's now had 2 directorial efforts which were universally panned. I can't see her throwing herself into another film too quickly.

I admire her willingness to do what she wants, but you're right...why bother anymore? It's just time and money down a black hole in my opinion. The movie industry will never accept her. She should just try for a Best Song Oscar and then call it quits. Let Princess Lola try to earn credibility in the cinema world, Madonna.

Even if she made the next Schindler's List, they'd still ravage her. I know she wants to tell some interesting stories in film (and honestly, I thought W.E. was decent), but films take so much time and I don't know what they accomplish in the long run. Judging from her interviews early in the MDNA tour, she will probably make more anyway.

and it's not just her own willingness to do it - it's her investors'. She explained many times that W.E. would've not been possible without them. It's gonna be tough and should take quite a bit of time for her to convince investors to trust her again... UNLESS the project has something to do with a musicals, theater, or is based on her own music (like Mamma Mia). At least that's what I would recommend if I were a potential funder (I wish!).

Why is Suedehead always telling us to deal with shit and move on where tours are concerned, like we can't even discuss it. Anyway I agree with him, Sticky was the first and MDNA was second. Sticky doesn't count as two, it's one big fat one

Why is Suedehead always telling us to deal with shit and move on where tours are concerned, like we can't even discuss it. Anyway I agree with him, Sticky was the first and MDNA was second. Sticky doesn't count as two, it's one big fat one

Because some people always try to discuss the same things over and over when we already know the truth. Is kinda boring.

Re: Movies - We all know she's persistent and does what she wants. She had more flops/misses as an actress than hits, but that never stopped her...until Swept Away. I definitely see her making another movie. I'm sure she's already planning it. A musical might be a smart move, especially if she co-writes the music. But she could also do a smaller, more indie-type film along the lines of F&W and it wouldn't require big investors like W.E. And we know Harvey Weinstein will support her to a certain extent.

Guest Pud Whacker

Re: Movies - We all know she's persistent and does what she wants. She had more flops/misses as an actress than hits, but that never stopped her...until Swept Away. I definitely see her making another movie. I'm sure she's already planning it. A musical might be a smart move, especially if she co-writes the music. But she could also do a smaller, more indie-type film along the lines of F&W and it wouldn't require big investors like W.E. And we know Harvey Weinstein will support her to a certain extent.

actually the hits have equaled the misses. BUT on top of that, her misses are more known than OTHER PEOPLES HITS.

:rotfl: