Appreciatus: MADONNA'S NIPPLES ON MTV.

Mattress

For all of the moaning, censoring and banning MTV did during its golden years, two of its biggest video stars were undisputedly Madonna's nipples. Those bare breasts made several grand appearances on the network and deserve a moment of appreciation and reflection.

Everyone talks about the baring of Rightonna™ at the end of the first chorus on "Papa Don't Preach".

NIP1.png

But how many of us truly take the time to appreciate the beauty of Leftonna™ during the second chorus?

NIP2.png

Perhaps it's that the first exposure in the video softens the impact of the second. Maybe Leftonna™ just posesses less star quality. She might even be more of a cunt (see also: Christina vs. Britney @ the 2003 MTV VMA's.)

Then there's the first verse of "Vogue", which still amazes me. How MTV allowed that top is mystery for the ages considering the hoopla Madonna would encounter over "Justify My Love" later in the same year.

NIP3.png

Finally, for all of the intensive editing that went into making a post-prime-time-friendly cut of "Erotica", look carefully, especially during the flashing segments ("I'll... Teach... You... How... To...") and...

NIP4.png

(clockwise from top: Madonna, Leftonna™, Rightonna™)

APPRECIATE! :bow:

pdp.gif

Wasn't there LeftDonna exposure at the '84 VMAs in the iconic wedding dress too? Or was that another award show and I'm mistaken?

I guess that picture was from the rehearsal.

Wasn't there LeftDonna exposure at the '84 VMAs in the iconic wedding dress too? Or was that another award show and I'm mistaken?
I guess that picture was from the rehearsal.

Yeah, that was a photo from rehearsals.

Her biggest VMA-related nipple controversy came in 1998 when she pissed off hindus by contrasting her "chastity"/"purity" markings with a see-through wifebeater.

15903432-15903434-large.jpg

Lenny approves.

lenny-kraviz-y-madonna-muy-carinosos-en-

Yeah, that was a photo from rehearsals.

Her biggest VMA-related nipple controversy came in 1998 when she pissed off hindus by contrasting her "chastity"/"purity" markings with a see-through wifebeater.

248906.jpg

vma19.jpg

vma17.jpg

Hai!

vma6.jpgvma23.jpg

Lenny approves.

Lenny and Madonna look so hot together. Great chemistry here between the two of them.

^Her nipple popped out at the "Bedtime Story" pajama party, too. :) (though I don't think that bit made it onto MTV).

Excellent thread, Mattress. Had no idea of a second nip slip in PDP- or in the regular video version of "Erotica." :wow:

Wardrobe malfunctions years before the phrase was coined- only the Queen.

alquemist where is the picture on the right from (next to the pajama party pic) ?

That pic is from MTV's Making of Take a Bow called "No Bull:

Check out Kurt Loder's question @ 0:20: "Do they have any names?" :rotfl:

(BTW how can I embed videos in my post???)

Thank you! what a great video :wow: .

Her boobs were mezmerizing in the video.

Why was she smoking? I didn't know she was a smoker during that era.

Why was she smoking? I didn't know she was a smoker during that era.

I don't think she really was a smoker. What she says during the interview was something like: I can't eat because I have to fit into all these clothes, that's why I smoke.