Roger Waters is coming for her Sticky and Sweet record, isn't he?

Apples388

He's already on $377 million, and the tour will continue this year. In all likelihood his will become the biggest tour by a solo artist ever. Oh well. It was fun while we had it.

RIP S&S Tour - biggest tour by a solo artist (from 2009 till probably about September 2013). Still the biggest tour by a female solo artist ever.

And the funny thing is someone told me who he was awhile back and I already forgot.

Roger Waters? How many shows did he have to do to reach that level?

Roger Waters?

I think she is going to leave this tour at the 300 million mark, but I have a feeling for her last tour under Live Nations contract she is going to go balls to the wall and tour her ass off and break the solo record again.

It's a bit shady because it's technically a Pink Floyd concert. :lol:

:chuckle:

Suede don't despair. Roger Waters, Rolling Stones etc etc. These people are in their 70s. How long can 4 emaciated drugged out albeit simpatico funky loonies carry on? Think about it. Live Nation deal, a deal that only a handful of people within the industry can boast about.

A deal revolving around licensing, image rights, merchandising and the big money spinner of today: Live performance. It's also comforting to know that an artist that made her debut more than a quarter century ago still has the 21st biggest selling album of the year with virtually no promotion plus the top tour of 2012, one of the highest-grossing concert tours ever.

A 54-year-old woman who embarked on the most physically demanding venture of her career and managed brilliantly almost till the last gig, after 7 months, an absolute first and surprise. I think if anything Roger Waters default type of success makes S&S accomplishments all the more bigger. Pink Floyd, a 70 year-old, nostalgia, not truly a solo act in fact. Besides count on Madonna's next touring outing to suck out the pockets of Europe, NA and Australasia in a few months time

Just sayin'

220 shows/3 years vs 85 shows/6 months

There's no dispute here as to what Sticky is and always will be

Exactly!It's not fair to compre a three year long tour (217 shows 6 legs) to a 6 months tour (85 shows two legs).

If anything, it only makes Madonna's achievement seems bigger.

she'd probably wind up being horrifically rude to everyone and not performing half the show because she got bored of it. It's not a good prospect to look forward to. She could only do it if it were customisable, if some slots could fit a few different songs in, if sections could be traded in and out, and if there was an extended bit for acoustic tracks.

Damn. The same tour for 3 years. Thats crazy. Madonna would probably be in the billions gross wise if she toured for 3 years.

IKR

It started on Sept 15th 2010 and it's due to wrap up on Sept 21st 2013

220 dates

With an average gross of $3.6m per show (MDNA) she'd have a $800m grossing tour

With an average gross of $4.8m per show (Sticky and Sweet) she'd have a $1bn grossing tour

Frankly I wouldn't think this in terms of Waters surpassing anything at all :rotfl:

Ah who cares! lol I'd still be happy if Madonna would put together a one-off concert. Just put it together, film it and release it on DVD. I still think this is what she should have done right before EVITA. Ah well.

I just thought about this too. He's only a short distance to hit S&S mark and with over 20 stadium shows left I think it's likely he will break the record (sigh)....

However, I just hope M take notice and get motivated to get that title back for the next tour!

but if he only has 20 dates left and made so little in three years how could he get like.. what is it.. maybe 50million from the last twenty dates? unless im missing something.

he can fuck off.

Why does everyone say that MDNA was the most physically-demading tour of her career? Have you seen Blonde Ambition? Even S&S had more intense choreography. No doubt MDNA is theatrical and brilliant, but I don't think it is fair to give it the title of "most demanding" when it really is not....

Why does everyone say that MDNA was the most physically-demading tour of her career? Have you seen Blonde Ambition? Even S&S had more intense choreography. No doubt MDNA is theatrical and brilliant, but I don't think it is fair to give it the title of "most demanding" when it really is not....

In the context of it being done by a 54 year old woman it might be, though S&S did seem to have more segments with her dancing.

Confessions as great as it show as it was, was pretty much just her walking around the whole time, minus her being possessed during Let It Will Be where she found a shit load of energy.

Well gee, it's the longest tour she's ever done, I think that accounts for a lot of exhaustion.

Well gee, it's the longest tour she's ever done, I think that accounts for a lot of exhaustion.

This is true, def her longest tour. It seems as though the show was designed to conserve her energy, she was never moving full force for too long. Don't get me wrong, her energy and performance stamina is astonishing for any age, I just feel that MDNA gets more credit than it deserves in the "most intense" department simply because it is the latest tour.

This is true, def her longest tour. It seems as though the show was designed to conserve her energy, she was never moving full force for too long. Don't get me wrong, her energy and performance stamina is astonishing for any age, I just feel that MDNA gets more credit than it deserves in the "most intense" department simply because it is the latest tour.

S

i disagree, she had entire "sitting down/stand still" sections in the past, and this time it was only Masterpiece, (which she doesnt even sit down the whole time)

actually, i just realized i didnt count her guitar songs, so she doest stand still a bit more...but i think she dances more than S&S (and obviously more than DWT/RIT/CT). There is probably more dancing in BA, but that was 20 years ago and lasted less

S

i disagree, she had entire "sitting down/stand still" sections in the past, and this time it was only Masterpiece, (which she doesnt even sit down the whole time)

S&S only had YMLM as a "sit down" section. I guess I just see a lot of MDNA as "walk and pose" dancing....Vogue is a good example, compared to S&S, she basically walks through the song. I prefer MDNA to S&S, but I do feel that S&S was more demanding physically.

anyway, i'm a Pink Floyd stan and the reason they never reunite is because Waters/Gilmour had problems since forever (and now Wright is dead, so bye bye reunion) the point is, i dont think Waters has any choice if Gilmour doesnt want to tour, what are you going to do? Pink Floyd legacy is amazing and i find it great that i still have the opportunity to see it live even if its only 1 of them. I dont want M to lose her record but at least she is not losing to a disgusting twat like smelton or Gaga, and i'm pretty sure she'll claim it back sooner or later

The older I get, the less I care about these records. Of course, I do want Madonna to be the most successful, but I would rather have an artist who knows her limits and wants to bring something new and creative into the world every year, than a tired old warhorse trodding out the hits for 3 years in a lifeless manner just for another $400 million.

She will find her way in time. She has satured the market and it would be smart to wait a few more years (maybe when she is 60?) to embark in a world tour again with TOP prices and plenty of legs to make 1billion. For now she should focus on making the hits while giving those dancing shoes a rest. I would love to see her performing a second leg for MDNA but if she does not then i prefer that she takes a break from touring till the market recover its demand.

The older I get, the less I care about these records. Of course, I do want Madonna to be the most successful, but I would rather have an artist who knows her limits and wants to bring something new and creative into the world every year, than a tired old warhorse trodding out the hits for 3 years in a lifeless manner just for another $400 million.

Yes.