Santiago De Chile - December 19th

Jamesy

Or

Or at least in stadiums with a retractable roof.

The roof came over when I went to Cardiff for S&S.

If i'm not mistaken she did not used the retractable roof in the european stadiums for the MDNA Tour.

I really don't know how that works, but it has been told, and more then once, on various news outlets such as billboard, that stars like M they take 90% or more of the profits.

That's abolsutely correct. Madonna is producing her show on her own. Live Nation gets 10% of the ticket revenues as a fee for their services. I even think they get a percentage of the merchandising that is higher. Anyway, let's do some math. When the MDNA tour is over final revenues from ticket sales will be around 300 million dollars. Deduct the 30 million Live Nation gets. Now deduct the production costs of the show, which will be an estimated 100 million. Makes 170 million. Now add sponsoring deals which may bring in another million or two. And the merchandising some more millions (there was once an article about it and numbers were insanely high).

You're right. She's not. She's even commented on this... how huge the overhead is.

I don't think this is going to be her last concert tour, she has a contract remember? I think it's for 4 tours which means she has 2 tours after this... unless Sticky & Sweet's legs counted as 2. Does anyone know the details.

In October of 2007, Madonna inked a deal with Live Nation estimated to be worth $120 million. According to Billboard, she’ll earn a base of $1 million per album from Interscope, starting with MDNA (three albums in total). She will still be collecting roughly $17 million advance for each of three albums ($50 to $60 million total) from her Live Nation deal through 2017. The deal also included a general advance of $17.5 million that she received in 2007 and $50 million in cash and stock for the right to promote her concert tours and to license her name (LN will give her 90% of concert sales and 50% of licensing money it collects).

I researched everywhere and could not find any article that claimed any number of tours she'd have to perform. They all state that it is 10 years and possibly 3 albums and the tours that would follow the albums. So, if there's no album, there's no tour. Now, there's a little bit less than five years until her contract expires so one can assume at least one more tour. But like I stated before, there is no proof that she is committed to having a certain amount of tours. Would anyone have any more details?

In October of 2007, Madonna inked a deal with Live Nation estimated to be worth $120 million. According to Billboard, she’ll earn a base of $1 million per album from Interscope, starting with MDNA (three albums in total). She will still be collecting roughly $17 million advance for each of three albums ($50 to $60 million total) from her Live Nation deal through 2017. The deal also included a general advance of $17.5 million that she received in 2007 and $50 million in cash and stock for the right to promote her concert tours and to license her name (LN will give her 90% of concert sales and 50% of licensing money it collects).

I researched everywhere and could not find any article that claimed any number of tours she'd have to perform. They all state that it is 10 years and possibly 3 albums and the tours that would follow the albums. So, if there's no album, there's no tour. Now, there's a little bit less than five years until her contract expires so one can assume at least one more tour. But like I stated before, there is no proof that she is committed to having a certain amount of tours. Would anyone have any more details?

Msig posted something about it on the last page but I don't know where he got his info.

If she's on contract for 5 tours and Sticky & Sweet counted as two, she has two more tours to get through and with less than 5 years left, it's gonna be a tight squeeze for that. Unless she never had a contract for number of tours.

I feel like she's gonna tour one last time, for a very long time (with breaks I'd assume), visit all sorts of places, make a ton of money from it since it'll be billed as her last tour, and then call it quits on the touring, at least in the format we're used to.

If i'm not mistaken she did not used the retractable roof in the european stadiums for the MDNA Tour.

The retractable roof was on for the MDNA show in Copenhagen. But as far as I know, it wasn't in Warsaw and Istanbul, the only other European stops at retractable-roof stadiums.

So you're almost right ;-)

It really is sad, that the fans didnt get the whole show, but its better than canceling. Still imo, she could do GGW and Gang Bang without going to the triangle ! I am really interested in the official explanation.

I think she seems very sick, and if you travel from country to country with different weather conditions, thant its very normal. On the other side, there were much freet time between the shows, so who knows.

BTW, she got very angry about smoking. When I was in Hannover for Confesstions tour and I smoked, the bodyguards told me to stop. To be honest I can uderstand that she is rid of smoke. Meanwhile in Germany it is forbidden to smoke in stadiums :D

Guest pedrohdi

I think it's 3 albuns, 4 tours, 10 years, 120 mil, plus all the money from touring and merch. we allready have the first 2 tours and the first album. Oh by the way, i saw some videos and it's clear that she skiped the first part because she was sick, she said it several times on soundcheck. She said she had broncosomething and asked people the name for an antibyotic for it!

Msig posted something about it on the last page but I don't know where he got his info.

If she's on contract for 5 tours and Sticky & Sweet counted as two, she has two more tours to get through and with less than 5 years left, it's gonna be a tight squeeze for that. Unless she never had a contract for number of tours.

"Artist Nation chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Cohl mentioned some of the possible projects to take place under the new Live Nation/Madonna deal in a conference call today. It is interesting to notice that Cohl talked about a minimum of three studio albums, and mentioned four tours to possibly take place in the 10 years of partnership with Madonna"

(source: MadonnaTribe, October 2007)

"The contract includes four tours, three albums, merchandise and other revenue sources, and makes Madonna the founding artist in Live Nation's new Artist Nation division."

(source: TicketNews, May 2008)

I haven't been able to find any sources mentioning the renegotiation of the contract in 2009, but I remember it being reported by fans "in the know" that the deal had been renegotiated to cover five tours. Doesn't really matter, cause in any case, she has to release two more studio albums and do two more tours within the next 5 years.

Btw, it should be noted that when the Live Nation contract was signed, Arthur Fogel expected Madonna to release her first LN album by the end of 2009 (per the MadonnaTribe news item linked to above). Little did he know that he'd have to wait much longer.

Guest Pud Whacker

I feel so much for the fans who only got to see the show last night - just that once - and missed so many songs including probably my favourite section of the show. I think it's more than ok to be upset and disappointed.

BUT - she really was not well. We talked to some crew earlier in the day and they seemed VERY CONCERNED about what would happen with the concert (and that was before all the crazy rain).

She's 54 - she's DEFINITELY ill right now and you know when you get sick there's not much you can do. Instead of saying "I can't do this show - sorry" - she did it. She did as much as she could and her energy during the main show was inspirational.

I hate the long waits for her to start. In NYC I was so bloody tired and fed up by the time she came on - but that's what she does. We have no choice but to accept it.

I just think people have to chill out and accept whatever happens and whatever happened last night.

It was still special and she's really the greatest artist of our lifetime - we have to take whatever we get really I think.

I'll say it again - Santiago is one hell of a lovely place. So glad I came here!!!!!

:smooch:

that sucks it about the first part of the show and im not making any kind of excuse but it seems it would be pretty dangerous in the rain.

glad you had a 'good' time. years from now you can say you were at that santiago show where she freaked out and it was a mess!!! :rotfl:

I think it's 3 albuns, 4 tours, 10 years, 120 mil, plus all the money from touring and merch. we allready have the first 2 tours and the first album. Oh by the way, i saw some videos and it's clear that she skiped the first part because she was sick, she said it several times on soundcheck. She said she had broncosomething and asked people the name for an antibyotic for it!

Bronchitis? If so, no wonder she was so upset about the smoking. Bronchitis is hell on your lungs. Glad she only has one show left so she can properly rest and shake off the illness.

God she looks rough. But natural.

Loads Of people were smoking in Hyde Par, me included, but only because she made it look so glamourous in he videos and her fake smoking in Truth or Dare

Guest pedrohdi

God she looks rough. But natural.

Loads Of people were smoking in Hyde Par, me included, but only because she made it look so glamourous in he videos and her fake smoking in Truth or Dare

looool someone shoud've told her that lol

:smooch:

that sucks it about the first part of the show and im not making any kind of excuse but it seems it would be pretty dangerous in the rain.

glad you had a 'good' time. years from now you can say you were at that santiago show where she freaked out and it was a mess!!! :rotfl:

I love you Pud (in case you didn't already know).

I had a fucking BALL last night. Seeing that kind of South American crowd all looking so content and happy in such VILE WEATHER waiting so long - was quite moving.

The atmosphere during the Laidback Luke DJ set was OFF THE SCALE. I was close to tears at one point.

He had that entire stadium JUMPING like I don't think I've ever seen at one of her warm-ups.

When she herself finally came on, her smile just made me melt. After seeing how sick she was during sound-check (she looked like death warmed up!!!) - I don't know HOW she came on at all later.

Guest Not4Pussies

i think the best thing to do is to avoid reading negative articles and comments from anti-madonna fans

why go read Little Monsters filth?

that shit is negative and toxic.

get away from it. out of sight, out of mind, babies.

Guest Not4Pussies

and that goes for all the negative things people say on Twitter

avoid it!! seems some of you go looking for it and then feel bad they are trashing M

i think the best thing to do is to avoid reading negative articles and comments from anti-madonna fans

why go read Little Monsters filth?

that shit is negative and toxic.

get away from it. out of sight, out of mind, babies.

They are here, on madonnanation. The people with 1 or less than 20 posts are the little monsters, telling us how "ungrateful" madonna is to her fans. (when they say that, you know it's one of those kids). Some of them even copied the screencap from the ICON boards & reposted it elsewhere, hence me asking to put the picture down earlier. but those kids are fast and will try to use anything against Madonna that somehow makes their lady gaga appear as the "better" one. (also see comments about gaga being a true and loyal "queen" while M is an "arrogant bitch" popping up) Madonna is an icon and they seem sensitive about M winning the top tour and other polls on billboard, and since the reductive comment (or basically, since media exposed gaga for being a madonna copycat) they are very defensive and see reposting negative M news as a way of trying to diminish her iconic status. just my theory.. cuz obviously Madonna is gonna win over gaga & I guess they can't handle it?