MDNA Tour: Billboard's Top Tour of 2012: Final Boxscore - $305,158,362

Apples388

I don't get it !Rio looked PACKED and it was a huge stadium, I'm so confused!

I'm also wondering about Miami numbers. I guess the numbers are after all the refunds :mellow:

Is it safe to go with Billboard over Pollstar ? If it is then the QUEEN OF LIFE will hit the 300,000 million mark!

Brazil's panel:

boxscore_mdnatour_brasil.gif

Look to the gross revenue comparison! S&S had 1 more show and just 2 million dollars more!

Average per show in 2008: 4,556,891

Average per show in 2012: 5,085,325

That's what I'm talking about huge priced tickets!

WOW!!!

What has changed in Brazil? Why the high prices?

Over 20 fucking million dollars only in Brazil :dramatic:

I can't believe she made 'only' 15 million in Sao Paulo with close to 200,000 people in attendance for S&S.

I'm stunned at the $14 million total for Columbia! What were the ticket prices there? Only a few cities from sticky and sweet managed to get that high from just two shows (like London, Paris, and Tel Aviv)

and what all the stupid haters say now?

:D :D :D :D she get ill but she fill her pockets nicely

now it is time for second leg with 20 more dates and she s on top of herself :p fuck the sticky this tour was more about madonna..it deserves to be the most sellingone

The press reported 100,000 ppl in attendance for both shows in Bs As, tickets costed twice as much as they did in 2008.

Cordoba's tickets were cheaper, close to 45,000 people attended the show.

I think it will brake the 300M mark.

Wow, Colombia (and even Mexico) really delivered!! Way to go, Latin America!!

I want to say I feel confident she will pass $300 million, especially with higher prices and Buenos Aires yet to be reported. However, Chile's numbers could be lower than expected, and Cordoba is a wild card. However, we cannot deny this tour was a straight up killer.

Looking at South America numbers, it does make much more BUSINESS sense to tour the Latin American countries than Asia/Australia.

It does but you cannot deny that her numbers are down from Sticky and Sweet. There is a danger in oversaturating the market. Targeted dates for the next tour please and no oversaturation like she did with Europe!

I don't get it ! Rio looked PACKED and it was a huge stadium, I'm so confused!

:clap:

It was the same with Nice and other places. Nice was visibly packed to capacity for anyone who attended that concert in the flesh (others who weren't phisically there should just refrain from debating whether it was packed or not) . Yet the MDNA Nice gig had a 29,000 Boxscore figure and its S&S previous Charles Ehrman equivalent was at 42,000. Which makes no sense at all in terms of visual evidence. Some people have yet to grasp the concept that all these Billboard figures are not representative of actual attendance but rather of a benchmark expected attendance set out months in advance by the promoter and disclosed to Billboard as a reference point.

Looking at South America numbers, it does make much more BUSINESS sense to tour the Latin American countries than Asia/Australia.

It does really make sense to tour South America but definitely an Australasia appearance would be anything but detrimental for her Concert Reputation. This is what a recent Coldplay appearance looked like:

Coldplay, The Temper Trap, The Pierces @ Allianz Stadium

Sydney, Australia

Nov. 17-18, 2012

Revenue: $10,703,300

Tickets sold: 92,717 /92,717l

Keep in mind that they have lower ticket prices and that Madonna hasn't been there in 20 years

Okay, but surely that will mean the actual revenue from the tour will be higher than that published by Billboard (and indeed Pollstar). Would that not conflict with tax declaration etc.?

Okay, but surely that will mean the actual revenue from the tour will be higher than that published by Billboard (and indeed Pollstar). Would that not conflict with tax declaration etc.?

The IRS doesn't look for data at Billboard. They look into bank accounts and what any private individual/organisation declares. This is just journalism/showbiz stuff, hardly a legal reference point for any tax collector. It just gives a measure of which tours and to what degree were more or less successfull. Much like the IRS obviously doesn't look into Forbes to ascertain the net worth or how much taxable any celebrity might be.

nice1.jpg?w=960&h=720

Could it be that the stages in the Nice concerts were placed in different spots, therefore allowing more people in the SS tour to fit in? Why don't you just send an email to billboard and find out the truth once and for all :)

I think Rio especially seems a bit funny because apparently local media had reported 60,000+ attendance. That is quite the discrepancy from the reported number. Whyme?'s suggestion of emailing Billboard to inquire about that seems quite reasonable.

I agree, HG, but usually media reports are more or less similar to the final figures and if they are off, they'd be off by a few thousand attendees - which was not the case for Rio: it's double the number of attendees!

I'm just basing it on what fans are saying obviously; I've not actually read the local Brazilian media reports. What I do know is that, whilst the MDNA Tour did much better business than the shambolic Gaga stint in South America, it still wasn't as big as they had hoped it would be. And I think this will have major repercussions on her next tour - I'm expecting much fewer South American dates next time.

It is really weird indeed. I could swear i saw more people in the Rio pics than in the SP shows. The media reported 60k people. How can it be half of that?

riodejaneiro_021212_monte_news.jpg

424944_548580608503072_1052492407_n.jpg

Could it be that the stages in the Nice concerts were placed in different spots, therefore allowing more people in the SS tour to fit in? Why don't you just send an email to billboard and find out the truth once and for all :)/>

This