Porto Alegre - Brasil - 09/12/12

axisvor

Wow she skipped songs for another night. That's pretty disappointing to hear. I am thinking again that this tour has to be taking some type of toll on her b/c I can't understand the non-stop late starts & now she is skipping two songs that her major fans love.

Guest Not4Pussies

she's probably exhausted and burned out

she probably just runs through the motions and gets the show over with

she has 3 days off till the next show, so hopefully that will help her out

I guess being on the road for more than 3-4 months at a time is really taxing for her and she's not used to it. Sticky & Sweet's legs were 4 and 2 months respectively - not even cumulatively 7 months like this is. And so much of it was stadiums - she had that huge USA leg with back 2 back arenas.

U2 and all them go on tour for like a year but they've been doing that their entire careers, probably so accustomed to it. And they're not expected to dance all over the stage and memorize intricate choreography. And people half her age can go on tour for like a year and a half and do 200 shows and all that, but they throw up during their shows and look like a hippo in a skirt, to quote CUBB.

Being Madonna on Madonna tour probably so much harder than any of us are imagining.

She is already exhausted too many shows already, i would blame the US leg she would have done stadiums shows, maybe just 20-25 not 44!

And remember the laringitis on Dallas, and then on Mexico City she was sick with flu and the weather was cold,and then on Medellin was cold again and in Brazil were raining and she got wet, i'm pretty sure that she can fully recover.

She just wants this to end and i don't blame her, 4 shows left isn't?

Madonna said she got a flu and considered not doing the concert, adding that she only did it after seeing "the fans happy faces" (lol)....as said before, no LAV/LS...let's see if she does it in Buenos Aires!

The thing is: she is done with the fucking tour!!! I don't blame her as well because it's too exhausting not only physically, but for example, LAV/LS is very emotionally charged, maybe she just want to move on with the drama and forget Guy for good!!!

A9vRM95CEAAR4Mf.jpg

Full review

http://zerohora.clicrbs.com.br/rs/cultura-e-lazer/segundo-caderno/noticia/2012/12/roger-lerina-a-rainha-madonna-e-unica-3977624.html

Must be awful if she really does have proper flu - to have to try and get through a show like that would be a nightmare for her.

Most people couldn't even sit at their desk in work with the flu never mind run around on stage for almost 2 hours.

At least she does have a few days now to try and recover before the final 4 shows!!!

Of course you can! She performed half naked in a freezing cold mexico, and in the rain in Columbia. Then she changed to the hot climate of Brazil. What's not to understand?

Wow I think it's the first tour she drops a song from the setlist. Then again it's the first tour where she constantly changed things around and added new things.

I think that performance of LAV/LS drained her. She gave it her all since the first show, turned it into a performance art piece. Maybe now she thinks it's time to retire it. M is not the one to repeat herself or to dwell on things.Just guessing here...

Anybody who has ever had proper flu knows that she would be laid out for days. It's more likely she has a heavy cold and is run down. There is a massive difference!

Sounds like she man flu or should that be 'madgeflu'.

Anybody who has ever had proper flu knows that she would be laid out for days. It's more likely she has a heavy cold and is run down. There is a massive difference!

Sounds like she man flu or should that be 'madgeflu'.

stop.

Well, she may be sick but isn't weird that in that condition she still rehearsals 8 songs before each show? If she is really bad the last thing she would want is to spend energy in rehearsals during the day... and she is doing this for every show now...

I've seen pop divas and rock stars cancel shows left and right, or give half sets.

Not to mention all these assholes that go onstage drunk or drugged up.

What do Madonna fans do ? we give Madonna shit for cutting ONE song from the setlist three times, for a reason we don't know, after she performed this song magnificently through out the tour. In addition we question the fact she was not feeling well... as if bad colds or flu is a rare condition these days!

I've seen pop divas and rock stars cancel shows left and right, or give half sets.

Not to mention all these assholes that go onstage drunk or drugged up.

What do Madonna fans do ? we give Madonna shit for cutting ONE song from the setlist three times, for a reason we don't know, after she performed this song magnificently through out the tour. In addition we question the fact she was not feeling well... as if bad colds or flu is a rare condition these days!

BRAVO!!! :thumbsup::clap:

Nikki I'm glad you agree with my sentiment.

We have to look at things in the right proportions, even though we have been spoiled by M and got accustomed to the highest standards.

mwah.

Nikki I'm glad you agree with my sentiment.

We have to look at things in the right proportions, even though we have been spoiled by M and got accustomed to the highest standards.

mwah.

I have to say though..

it is very tricky to do what she does when you have a flu or even just a cold. for the smallest cold professional athletes don't do competitions either, because it only gets worse when you go outside and exercise when you're about to get sick or aren't 99% OK yet. I can see her performing just to get it over with and not going through the hassle (or her fans) to change all plans and perform another date, so I hope she didn't make herself even more sick after last night.

but i agree of course as I said earlier :): madonna isn't the type to make up some BS about having a flu when it's untrue. other fans have said that she seemed in a bad mood (a bit unwell perhaps?) on some previous shows and the change of temperature from mexico to brazil is very big so it's almost natural to get sick from it, especially when you may be exhausted.

I guess being on the road for more than 3-4 months at a time is really taxing for her and she's not used to it. Sticky & Sweet's legs were 4 and 2 months respectively - not even cumulatively 7 months like this is. And so much of it was stadiums - she had that huge USA leg with back 2 back arenas.

U2 and all them go on tour for like a year but they've been doing that their entire careers, probably so accustomed to it. And they're not expected to dance all over the stage and memorize intricate choreography. And people half her age can go on tour for like a year and a half and do 200 shows and all that, but they throw up during their shows and look like a hippo in a skirt, to quote CUBB.

Being Madonna on Madonna tour probably so much harder than any of us are imagining.

It's not that, if not just for the fact that the physical energy demands of 20 gigs of an M tour equal probably the energy sufficient for 3 times as many U2 gigs. U2 always play more gigs in a single tour than any M tour but they are interspersed in the course of 18 or more months and with at least 5 or 6 legs.

She is 54 doing that kind of show, 7 consecutive months is really quite a commitment and she's done brilliantly so far, I can understand if she's tired 4 shows left out of 88 gigs. The biggest break she's taken was between Europe and the North American run, a grand total of 7 days after playing 4 shows a week for the previous 3 months, most of them in stadiums. She didn't take a month break in between legs, like others do.