Medellín [28-29/11/2012]

Jairo

Colombia is ready to receive THE QUEEN for the very first time.

Medellín is the second-largest city in Colombia. It is in the Aburrá Valley, one of the most northerly of the Andes in South America. To 2012, it has a population of 2.7 million. With its surrounding area, the metropolitan area of Medellín , composed by another nine cities, it is the second largest urban agglomeration in Colombia in terms of population and economy, with more than 3.5 million people.

Panoramica%20Dia%20Medellin%2011_jpg.jpg

Estadio Atanasio Girardot is a multi-purpose stadium in Medellín, Colombia. It is currently used mostly for football matches by two local teams, Atlético Nacional and Independiente Medellín. It is part of the Unidad Deportiva Atanasio Girardot, which also contains other sports facilities. The stadium was built in 1953 and was renovated for the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia reaching a maximum capacity of 45,000.

atan2.png

First Madonna show was SOLD OUT in 15 hours. Second show still has only a few tickets on sale, so is close to Sold Out.

I'm really excited. First time seeing THE QUEEN, my favorite artist ever, in Colombia. I'm walking on clouds. When i heard Like a Prayer for the first time almost 16 years ago (i'm 22) i was like "Wow. The Gospel choir, the video, her voice, the chorus". Now, 16 years later, i'm closing a moment in my life watching my favorite song ever live in Colombia. I'm attending both concerts.

COLOMBIA ES MADONNA

That's fantastic. Being venezuelan I can relate to how exciting it must be for colombians to receive her there. It's a shame that, with Chavez, I doubt she'll ever go to my country. That's why I started travelling to see her as soon as I was old enough to do it, back with DWT. Good thing now I live in Spain and she usually comes here.

She didnt make the DVD in Medellín due to the film director's schedule issues. And that she woulndt put at risk a 3 million dollars investment, with a recording lacking the quality she wanted.

http://www.rcnradio.com/noticias/en-medellin-no-se-hara-el-dvd-de-la-reina-del-pop-madonna-33716?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I love this! Jairo is this your 1st time seeing her live? There's nothing like the 1st time : )

Yes <3 i'm beyond happy. I know i'm gonna cry during Like a Prayer. Since yesterday i decided to not play any M songs on my Blackberry. I want to conserve her voice for the moment.

Oh, my Twitter is @JairoSoto. You can follow me for all the details. I'll post everything here too.

Madonna arrives to Medellín tomorrow in the afternoon. A Helicopter will take her from airport to her hotel (45 mins by car). i'm staying 3 blocks from her hotel. It's a very exclusive zone (One of the most expensive in the whole country)

Guest pedrohdi

Yes <3 i'm beyond happy. I know i'm gonna cry during Like a Prayer. Since yesterday i decided to not play any M songs on my Blackberry. I want to conserve her voice for the moment.

Oh, my Twitter is @JairoSoto. You can follow me for all the details. I'll post everything here too.

Madonna arrives to Medellín tomorrow in the afternoon. A Helicopter will take her from airport to her hotel (45 mins by car). i'm staying 3 blocks from her hotel. It's a very exclusive zone (One of the most expensive in the whole country)

I just followed you on twitter, at least I think it´s you lol

Guest boytoyville

They really need to do more unique locations like this one the next tour. Less Europe and America and more urban areas in places she hasn't been in awhile and make it a full on Stadium tour. This location looks spectacular. Also disappointed no DVD from here. That Miami audience is going to be horrid on the DVD. Argh.

She didnt make the DVD in Medellín due to the film director's schedule issues. And that she woulndt put at risk a 3 million dollars investment, with a recording lacking the quality she wanted.

http://www.rcnradio...._medium=twitter

One would think the director would have been booked and cleared 'her' busy schedule long in advance in order to take this gig :bad:

Is it cold at the moment? Will she be wearing her bodystockings, fur coats and hooded tops on stage again?

That Miami audience is going to be horrid on the DVD. Argh.

Im pretty sure this DVD will have a videoclip style shot like the Confessions Tour, they definitely will cut the crowd almost entirely. Still i bet that we will spot at least one crossed arms woman :lol:/>

Guest sambassile

Im pretty sure this DVD will have a videoclip style shot like the Confessions Tour, they definitely will cut the crowd almost entirely. Still i bet that we will spot at least one crossed arms woman :lol:/>

Couldn't be any happier with a 'videoclip style shot like the Confessions Tour'. I couldn't care less about the crowd

So, i'm here since this morning. The weather is amazing! 18 c!

Don't know anything about Madge. She's on the cover of almost every newspaper here (or the stage construction).

Couldn't be any happier with a 'videoclip style shot like the Confessions Tour'. I couldn't care less about the crowd

Yep. I just think it's a waste. With a colossal stadium stage she has...like no one else in the industry and we get the arena stadium in the DVD...although i have to saw we probably won't notice that. On Confessions DVD the stage looked huge but it really wasn't! ahah

She's at Intercontinental Hotel, i saw all the cops and the tons of cars a few minutes ago behind her car. She has the same security of the President of Colombia. Really impressive.