Second Leg or MDNApart2

pasqual

Second Leg  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Is she gonna do it?

what do you mean if she doesn't have a hit? i though it was already clear she doesn't need hits or a hit album to make a tour

I mean that without a new hit she will struggle to sell tickets.

And Miguel nevermind! I misunderstood what you said. :wink:

XXL she signed a contract she has to follow that pattern album-tour. But I agree with you!

I dont want another leg of MDNA. She better save Australasia and Africa for her next tour. What if she doesnt have another hit? The new places can save the next tours!

Of course the point of that 2007 LN deal was exactly that

Thing is she's basically brought in $700m in 4 years time on the touring front alone and it's a 10-year deal, of which 5 have already elapsed, she just has to deliver 2 more albums and 1 more tour under that deal, so if she doesn't extend MDNA's run to 2013, no one could hold it against her contractually speaking, if anything S&S unusual extension was unexpected and so fruitful, just as fruitful as MDNA is turning out to be, for everyone involved. Let's not forget that she rakes in an additional $100m worth of merchandising on each tour. My point is that she could do it if she wanted to but she doesn't have to :wink:

Guest Not4Pussies

I hinted the other day baby when I said that their ID is til 2013 HAHAHAHAHA

no but I do realise that with things like tours and shows you are contracted longer than you are needed as anything could happen and they need a little wriggle room!

well i want Adrien Galo and Kupono back for round 2 if it happens.

can you make it happen Chelle? make sure they come back. lol

• 1 month later...

Yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum, who is usually a reliable source, has revealed that Live Nation and Madonna originally planned a 2nd European leg of the MDNA Tour, starting in April 2013. The planned 2nd European leg of the tour was cancelled when Madonna decided not to do the scheduled Australian leg.

Now that the 88 shows of the MDNA Tour have grossed significantly less than the 85 shows of the Sticky & Sweet Tour, Live Nation wants Madonna to reconsider her decision not to tour in 2013.

Having the disappointing ticket sales of the initial European leg in mind, I wonder why a 2nd European leg was/is even being considered. It makes no sense at all!

Btw, her children were only an excuse. The real reason why the Australian and 2nd European legs were cancelled is, according to yaz, that Madonna realized at some point during the European leg that 7 months of non-stop touring would be too much of a good thing, considering the resulting strain and stress on her body. But she would never admit that in public!

Yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum, who is usually a reliable source, has revealed that Live Nation and Madonna originally planned a 2nd European leg of the MDNA Tour, starting in April 2013. The planned 2nd European leg of the tour was cancelled when Madonna decided not to do the scheduled Australian leg.

Now that the 88 shows of the MDNA Tour have grossed significantly less than the 85 shows of the Sticky & Sweet Tour, Live Nation wants Madonna to reconsider her decision not to tour in 2013.

Having the disappointing ticket sales of the initial European leg in mind, I wonder why a 2nd European leg was/is even being considered. It makes no sense at all!

Btw, her children were only an excuse. The real reason why the Australian and 2nd European legs were cancelled is, according to yaz, that Madonna realized at some point during the European leg that 7 months of non-stop touring would be too much of a good thing, considering the resulting strain and stress on her body. But she would never admit that in public!

Whatever is the real deal is, I agree with the bolded. Why would the over-saturated Europe market be the focus of a 2nd leg? I mean, she still sells there of course -- but why not go after M-hungry neglected markets where they could make a massive payday instead? I just don't see the logic of going back to Europe outside of a couple cities.

There is not going to be a 2nd leg of the tour. I thought we had been through this months ago when, OH THAT'S RIGHT, when Madonna HERSELF announced that she wasn't going to do a 2nd leg.

There is not going to be a 2nd leg of the tour. I thought we had been through this months ago when, OH THAT'S RIGHT, when Madonna HERSELF announced that she wasn't going to do a 2nd leg.

We all know that.

But that does not change that Live Nation executives (desperately?) want Madonna to change her mind. A decision is final only until you make a new one.

I don't believe there will be a second leg. What's the point. This tour is obviously knackering. Takes a lot of rehearsing as evidenced by her intense soundcheck a *does soundcheck of mimed songs* any then her late starts which are blatantly due to her knocking on a bit and needing a break.

Lets get a new album, and a nice new tour. With non optional Human Nature performance

But that does not change that Live Nation executives (desperately?) want Madonna to change her mind.

How do you know that then? Are you privy to some talks between Madonna and LiveNation? And if so, can you please elaborate? If not, then it's all useless speculation.

I don't believe there will be a second leg. What's the point. This tour is obviously knackering. Takes a lot of rehearsing as evidenced by her intense soundcheck a *does soundcheck of mimed songs* any then her late starts which are blatantly due to her knocking on a bit and needing a break.

Lets get a new album, and a nice new tour. With non optional Human Nature performance

I am hoping for some oldies but goodies for the 2014 tour, like "Give me All Your Luvin'" and "Give it 2 Me."

I am hoping for some oldies but goodies for the 2014 tour, like "Give me All Your Luvin'" and "Give it 2 Me."

Are we EVER going to get our Rescue Me dark thundery performance that segues into the sunrise of ROL

*ends up with fan fave album track PUSH mashed up with INCREDIBLE*

We all know that. But that does not change that Live Nation executives (desperately?) want Madonna to change her mind. A decision is final only until you make a new one.

So by now it is FINAL.

:dead:

How do you know that then? Are you privy to some talks between Madonna and LiveNation? And if so, can you please elaborate? If not, then it's all useless speculation.

As I wrote in my initial post, my source is yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum - the guy who exclusively revealed all 2009 dates of the Sticky & Sweet Tour several days before they were officially announced, and who has since proven to be reliable and accurate.

Since 1999, he has also run the Polish-language MadonnaNewEra.net, which is the world's longest-running active Madonna fansite. And I just noticed that he (on MadonnaNewEra.pl) wrote about the rumours of Madonna covering "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" a few weeks before Anna Henstridge wrote anything about it in the Popjustice forum.

so you think this is the "never take no for an answer" thing? I really hope she won't do a second leg or they won't push her to do one after she said no. if she doesnt want it and feels she simply can't (plus, europe is a weird choice and over saturated) then she shouldnt. she's human, not a machine.

so you think this is the "never take no for an answer" thing? I really hope she won't do a second leg or they won't push her to do one. if she doesnt want it and feels she simply can't (plus, europe is a weird choice and over saturated) then she shouldnt. she's human, not a machine.

It may very well be - as in Live Nation not taking Madonna's no to touring in 2013 for an answer, even though the final decision is hers.

so you think this is the "never take no for an answer" thing? I really hope she won't do a second leg or they won't push her to do one after she said no. if she doesnt want it and feels she simply can't (plus, europe is a weird choice and over saturated) then she shouldnt. she's human, not a machine.

I didn't read it that way. It seemed more that Anna was saying Live Nation told Madonna no to something she wanted to do, and Madonna believes you should never take no for an answer if you want something. I don't really see why Live Nation would be pushing a second leg that much because it was the highest grossing tour of the year and Madonna will in all likliehood be doing another tour in the next two or three years so it's not like this is their last chance to make money.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind a 2nd leg. Thinking of S&S, the 2nd leg was quite short (just 2 months), but to me it seemed longer than the 1st one. Idk, maybe there were very many shows in 2009 or maybe it's just me. I guess she could do another 4 to 6 weeks of intense touring in 2013 in order to surpass S&S. I also wouldn't mind if she had a few shows in Europe as well - yeah, I know it's over saturated and it would be annoying and it wouldn't make sense but I'm selfish and I want to see her :lol: But you know, countries which she didn't visit in the 1st leg (or at all) - those could bring her big money. But I would also like her to visit Australia/SE Asia, they haven't seen her in forever :( And fuck the lack of hits or whatever, MDNAT is the kind of show that everybody HAS TO SEE!!

I didn't read it that way. It seemed more that Anna was saying Live Nation told Madonna no to something she wanted to do, and Madonna believes you should never take no for an answer if you want something. I don't really see why Live Nation would be pushing a second leg that much because it was the highest grossing tour of the year and Madonna will in all likliehood be doing another tour in the next two or three years so it's not like this is their last chance to make money.

It could be read that way, too. But you never know with Anna's vague hints until she herself or someone else elaborates them.

Guest Not4Pussies

As I wrote in my initial post, my source is yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum - the guy who exclusively revealed all 2009 dates of the Sticky & Sweet Tour several days before they were officially announced, and who has since proven to be reliable and accurate.

Since 1999, he has also run the Polish-language MadonnaNewEra.net, which is the world's longest-running active Madonna fansite. And I just noticed that he (on MadonnaNewEra.pl) wrote about the rumours of Madonna covering "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" a few weeks before Anna Henstridge wrote anything about it in the Popjustice forum.

interesting.

is that Polish site in English as well?