Second Leg or MDNApart2

pasqual

Second Leg  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Is she gonna do it?

You know if she was still married to Guy, she'd KILL for a part in Downton Abbey...hahaha she'd og after that role like how she did for Evita!

I love Downton Abbey and I love Madonna but idk...unless she'd play an American (cause nobody wants to hear that Brettish axent AGAIN)

Why not a 2nd leg full of intimate and small shows like the one she did at L'Olympia? A sort of MDNA intimate and live kinda show... would be a cool IMO! Plus, she can milk it by releasing the acoustic version of Love Spent as a single (LOL, I know, I know... :laugh: )

Guest bluejean

Because there's not as much money in that.

Imo a new album won't be out until 2014 anyway, a 2nd MDNA leg will only take 3 months so would probably not delay it much at all. But it really needs to be Asia/Australia, I think doing Europe again would be pretty pointless and probably KILL demand for the 2014/2015 tour.

Because there's not as much money in that.

Imo a new album won't be out until 2014 anyway, a 2nd MDNA leg will only take 3 months so would probably not delay it much at all. But it really needs to be Asia/Australia, I think doing Europe again would be pretty pointless and probably KILL demand for the 2014/2015 tour.

Why are you saying a new album would not be out this year?

Confessions was recorded in 2005 and released by the end of the year.

The last interview she did...i think in Mexico she already confirmed she was working on new material for her new album...a new album this fall for sure.

2013...her lucky number (13)! She's not gonna waste this year xD ahah

And also her 13th studio album...probably 13 tracks as well? xD

Edited by madonna_fan1988

I think a second leg is highly unlikely and if she did one and didn't come to Aus then it would really be a cunt move. I wouldn't mind if she started working on a new album straight up and a proper tour in 2014 but I think that might be unlikely too. She seems pretty exhausted after MDNA so I could imagine her taking a bit of a break from everything. Maybe doing another movie. I hope she doesn't disappear completely off the map like she did between HC and MDNA albums though.

TV could be a great filler. I think she underestimates the value of doing random guest spots on popular TV shows. I still can't believe she never did The Simpsons back in it's hey day. I don't know about Modern Family, the show is already going downhill. I think she would've been great in American Horror Story: Asylum as a nun or even a lesbian love interest for Lana. As much as I enjoy Frances Conroy as the Angel of Death I think that would've been a great role for her too. I've always wanted to see her in a "horror" role. It would be killer if she did the next season of True Blood!

Guest bluejean

I don't really see her being exhausted as a factor. The reason she was so exhausted from this tour is because she did 7 months without a break. After a break she'll be fine again though.

As for an extended break, Madonna never does that so I don't really expect that. She'll be doing something this year whether it be recording, touring or a new movie.

I don't know what to think. MDNA 2.0 would be great (well, if Australia/Asia are in the cards) but I just don't see it materializing. I think she is more likely to record new material than tour again so soon, but really, she is less predictable than she used to be.

I remember in that Howard Stern interview with Sandra B. earlier this year, Sandy said she didn't know why Madge was pushing herself so hard (touring for 7 months straight) but she assumed she was "running from something." Not to put stock in her psychology of Madonna, but I suspect Madonna is going to throw herself into something this year.

we can move on...

- in pause she could rest

- then record new material (february) that i heard she already has in mind...and she is quick in studio..no time spending person and leave it to post production

- then realise dvd in march with one more single video out that she made in Buenos Aires

- then go on tour for two more months (from may) with few more hits and less mdna songs in setlist, to beat her own record and to take some money from asia and australia...to make a promisse that she made to australian fans....to promote mdna album more and dvd that is out

-then she could realise new studio album in august or september with new video that she took in australian desert while she was on tour

this is my view of her new jump :D hahahaha

why is live nation pushing her to tour europe again instead of markets that could bring in a LOT more money such as asia, australia, south africa, etc? with just a few dates they could bring in another $100 with a lot of ease

If it is indeed true that they are still pushing her for a second leg, then their reasons are quite clear - the show is already set-up, rehearsed and played to death, etc. so it's minimal effort for maximal money. I can certainly see why they want to carry on with the momentum than wait another 2 years until she's ready to go on the road again. But of course this is them looking at it from a short-sighted business end with no regard for Madonna's own need as an artist to lay something to rest and move on and Madonna's need as a human being for a break mentally and physically from a particular period.

Guest bluejean

Suppose the options are:

- 3 months of MDNA then start work on a new film

- New album then a new tour, then start work on a new film

The 1st option probably looks enticing to her :lol:

I'm doubtful there's an option that incorporates a 2nd leg AND a new album/tour, that would mean 2015 or even 2016 before she starts work on a new film :lol:

Who said anything about a film? :confused:/>

As far as I remember, Madonna herself said in an interview recently that she has some ideas for new songs AND a new film.

I suppose she wants to make film directing her main occupation once her Live Nation contract expires.

I remember reading that as well but I forgot the source.

I think it was in the interview she did with a Brazilian journalist in the bathroom after one of the shows..

Guest bluejean

Who said anything about a film? :confused:/>

Madonna did :lol:/>

I know, I know, I didn't even watch W.E. tbh. But let's face it, there WILL be another film at some point. I suppose it makes sense for her to get the Live Nation contract out the way and then do films til she's blue in the face slash dead.

Guest bluejean

I love the idea of her incorporating both artforms. Just imagine a film with the level of artistry of the MDNA tour. But she seems to want to keep them separate.

Well i detest the films that she doesn't appear and the childrens books mainly because they are not about her. I know she puts her soul on those projects but i'm a fan of the art about herself in some form i can see her or hear her voice (music, photoshoots, videos, interviews). Admiring W.E feels like admiring Vita Coco. I have no interest in them.

There is something a lot of the hardcore fans are not realising and that is that whilst we loved The MDNA Tour, this was not the case for casual fans and the general public. The fact that the setlist was culled mainly from the MDNA album (which no one bought) and that a lot of the older hits were reinvented drastically ("Like a Virgin", "Hung Up", "Papa Don't Preach") didn't go down very well. So a 2nd leg will not do very well at all in Europe.

Yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum, who is usually a reliable source, has revealed that Live Nation and Madonna originally planned a 2nd European leg of the MDNA Tour, starting in April 2013. The planned 2nd European leg of the tour was cancelled when Madonna decided not to do the scheduled Australian leg.

Errr... that news is public domain since the US leg started more or less. Even the dancers and the crew members openly talked about the plan that was scrapped.