Miami 20th November - 2nd Official Recording Date

Mat.Guy

Guest bluejean

I think it's psyche. Which is basically the conscious and unconscious mind or the soul. I think it's very relevant to Human Nature and to theme of the show as a whole.

Guest bluejean

I've always felt and it's been said by many that whole section is her hitting back about the ageism. So I suppose 'Psyche' is a way of saying "This is who I am to the core so I'm not changing that just because society says I should."

The use of the corset relates to that too. The way corsets are used to create the perfect ideal figure but she's basically being strangled by it or by the expectation to fit that mould.

The addition of Love Spent relates to Guy obviously. I've always believed Guy didn't want her being sexy/provocative at her age. The leotard always felt like total rebellion and it was downhill (or perhaps uphill) from there.

Anyway that's just my interpretation. I'd love to hear Madonna's.

Guest bluejean

completely agree

:D/>

I'm just SO excited to see this tour on DVD. But especially that section and the opening section. Celebration also is great. I really think this show is one of her greatest achievements. I'm amazed outside of her her hardcore fans it doesn't seem that appreciated.

No doubt the greatest hits tour that will follow will be worshipped by the public but we will always view this an artistic masterpiece. Regardless of what pants she's wearing :lol:

I'm just SO excited to see this tour on DVD. But especially that section and the opening section. Celebration also is great. I really think this show is one of her greatest achievements. I'm amazed outside of her her hardcore fans it doesn't seem that appreciated.

No doubt the greatest hits tour that will follow will be worshipped by the public but we will always view this an artistic masterpiece. Regardless of what pants she's wearing :lol:

A GH tour can also be a masterpiece. Just because she is doing hits doesn't mean she can't blow our minds with the material. I think she can even up her game with a GH tour and satisfy everyone.

Because it was a shit Europop song with production that was fifteen years out of date. The chorus is OK but the verses are dire.

Pleather trousers are fine with me though.

Guest bluejean

Because it was a shit Europop song with production that was fifteen years out of date. The chorus is OK but the verses

Oh I was talking about the performance in the show. I didn't mind the song but yeah, it's not her greatest by any means.

Guest bluejean

A GH tour can also be a masterpiece. Just because she is doing hits doesn't mean she can't blow our minds with the material. I think she can even up her game with a GH tour and satisfy everyone.

Well now that you mention it I guess that's true. Blond Ambition tour being a fine example.

I suppose I just imagine it to like Reinvention, just slapping things together. I mean compare Papa Dont Preach or Like a prayer in that to this current tour. But then casual fans and reviewers seemed to love that show while the fans detest it.

Because it was a shit Europop song with production that was fifteen years out of date. The chorus is OK but the verses are dire.

What always makes Celebration for me are the incredible bridges, which just transcend the rest of the song. They're on the same level as the bridge from ITG. I saw the show in Birmingham, first night she sang the bridge live and hearing for now just come here let me whisper in your ear an invitation to the dance of life was amazing.

Was the section show sold out?

I wonder what will the Live Nation boxscore results be for the first show, after all the refunds. It was sold out at first...

I've always felt and it's been said by many that whole section is her hitting back about the ageism. So I suppose 'Psyche' is a way of saying "This is who I am to the core so I'm not changing that just because society says I should."

The use of the corset relates to that too. The way corsets are used to create the perfect ideal figure but she's basically being strangled by it or by the expectation to fit that mould.

The addition of Love Spent relates to Guy obviously. I've always believed Guy didn't want her being sexy/provocative at her age. The leotard always felt like total rebellion and it was downhill (or perhaps uphill) from there.

Anyway that's just my interpretation. I'd love to hear Madonna's.

I actually somewhat disagree. Even before LS was added I always thought this was about her marriage/patriarchy and how inspite of all her bravado as an independent woman she is willing 2 make the sacrifices 2 achieve this conventional idea that we have of love/a relationship. Even though she got burnt, she knows that in the end she is just a sucker like the rest of us, ready 2 b geared up again and start the cycle all over again (Like a Virgin :D) and suffer the same fate (the corset). 4 such is the masochistic nature of love. :fag:

PSYCHE makes an awful lot of sense, hello Freud, hello 'über Ich' :D

Guest bluejean

Well these are just interpretations, only Madonna or the people who worked on the show know the true meaning. It is art and is open to interpretation. And I guess the key point is that it's ART. It's amazing. As is the opening section.

And yes PSYCHE makes sense and I'm surprised it doesn't to many. I actually like it better than NO FEAR. No fear was some tacky clothes label when I was a kid :lol:

Guest bluejean

Well these are just interpretations, only Madonna or the people who worked on the show know the true meaning. It is art and is open to interpretation. And I guess the key point is that it's ART. It's amazing. As is the opening section.

And yes PSYCHE makes sense and I'm surprised it doesn't to many. I actually like it better than NO FEAR. No fear was some tacky clothes label when I was a kid :lol:

Miami for the DVD = shit idea,

with the opportunities they've had to put this show to film and they choose a small, half empty arena as the venue :lmao: not forgetting the now SHIT opening outfit :lmao:

I'm being dramatic for a laugh as I wont buy the dvd anyways but still, what a wasted opportunity this has turned out to be (like everything with the MDNA project expect the actual show itself)

and I know both nights were sold out I am referring to the arena being half empty because so many people walked out because she made them wait 3 and half hours before she came on :lmao:

Disasterpiece :stir:

We haven't even seen the DVD yet. No need for such negativity.

She just ended an amazing US leg guys lets be happy.

Guest bluejean

I concur

Guest bluejean

Cannot wait to have Celebration/Give it 2 Me in perfect quality to get me fired up every morning.

I know!

I've been getting back into Give It 2 Me lately cos of that. It used to be my wake up call everyday back in '08 :lol:

From Kat

"What a way to end the run of shows... Front row golden triangle with all my friends & then being "planted" to sing with Madonna with Heather for Like A Prayer at the triangle! Omg! The best was her look on her face of excitement when she saw it was us (they put us for the one song in comp different spot) All the love I have gotten from someone I admired since I was 3yrs old.. I don't ever wanna wake up if this is a dream! Xo. So sad it's over.. I need MDNA rehab."