Miami 19th Nov 2012

Starman

I agree. I just cant get on board with the "club act" defense. this isnt a club concert. this isnt a weekend. this isnt a room full of people in their mid-20's ready to stay up till 4 am. its just not. 'i would have been fucking PISSED had she delayed that long in Dallas.

if there were technical difficulties, how fucking hard can it be for someone to come out on stage and tell the people, Listen, we're filming for the DVd...there are some issues. Please be patient. Enjoy a free hot dog on us.

but no. they cant even bother with that much and THAT is rude.

There are worse things in this world.....read what you post....my god

they should have made another annoucement!

or at least turned on M's mic and let the crowd hear her go nuts on the crew. lol

That'd be worth the price of admission right there lol

Madonna's own tech crew might have been ready, but that doesn't mean that the crew filming the DVD was. In any case, various reports have said that the arena was packed when Madonna went on stage at 11:30am, but people left part way through (i.e. it's no surprise that by the time she did LAP at around 1:15am, a lot of people had left). It's not as though half the arena had given up by 11:30pm and walked out.

I firmly believe that Madonna herself had no control over the late start. She was probably ready by 10:30pm, but other issues got in the way. Did the support act start at the usual time? If so, that indicates that something happened between the support act and Madonna's usual scheduled time to delay the show. Should she have sent someone out to explain what was going on? Probably, although they might have been concerned that a lot of people would have left if they'd been told that they could be waiting up to another hour before she came on stage. At least if people are anxiously awaiting the start of the show, they're still in the arena.

What a mess... This is what happen when Madonna let Guy O. handle her entire career and when they decide last minute, random and in a hurry to film the concert in MIAMI??? :semifunny:

The announcement that Miami was being filmed was late in the piece, but these things takes months of negotiations. Just because we didn't know about Miami doesn't mean that it was "decided last minute" and "in a hurry"..... :huh:

Oh really? I didn't know that! I thought it was a true packed stadium.

It was, but there are sections where they show the floor jumping, and they've duplicated sections so that it looks like more people are jumping than there really were. From memory, they use the same jumping footage more than once. I noticed it straight away when I first watched the DVD.

DUUUUUUUUUDDDDDE! Get a grip! LOL.

Its not the end of the world, and if she doesn't sell out next tour (which she WILL) then so be it.

Please stop trying to make M-Nation into madonnatribe. they have a forum over there you'd fit right in to. .

I think some hardcore fans fail to realize that Madonna is still selling concerts well in America because of casual fans. Superbowl sold this tour. If all of her true blue fans bought multiple tickets they still would not sell out arenas in most cities (bar NY probably, etc.). It's not the end of the world but that's how you slowly lose business (i.e. paying fans) over time. I wouldn't worry too much if this was a while ago when she was obviously still acquiring new fans but at this point, without a major hit or album, she's not really captivating a new batch of fans. I have a feeling that next tour will be more like RIT since that was a bit of damage control after AL and DWT, the latter being really criticized for not having more 80's hits.

It was, but there are sections where they show the floor jumping, and they've duplicated sections so that it looks like more people are jumping than there really were. From memory, they use the same jumping footage more than once. I noticed it straight away when I first watched the DVD.

They probably digitally added fans to this youtube video as well :laugh:

[media=]

[/media]

WOW that's really impressive. Shots like that should have been included in the DVD.

I think some hardcore fans fail to realize that Madonna is still selling concerts well in America because of casual fans. Superbowl sold this tour. If all of her true blue fans bought multiple tickets they still would not sell out arenas in most cities (bar NY probably, etc.). It's not the end of the world but that's how you slowly lose business (i.e. paying fans) over time. I wouldn't worry too much if this was a while ago when she was obviously still acquiring new fans but at this point, without a major hit or album, she's not really captivating a new batch of fans. I have a feeling that next tour will be more like RIT since that was a bit of damage control after AL and DWT, the latter being really criticized for not having more 80's hits.

I do realize that casual fans are the bulk of the crowds but, as you stated, the next tour will probably (and as much as I love the MDNA tour) it will NEED to be more balanced. That will sell tickets. I doubt the next release will be handled the same way as MDNA was.

I guess M is a traditional girl after all.

I really am curious to see how this show is edited in with the apparently perfect 2nd show tonight. Maybe the editing will take less time?

[media=]

[/media]

now THIS is how to record the dvd not the half empty pantomime shit we are going to get for MDNA :lmao: such a shame seeing as MDNA is 100 times better than S+S as a show.

Guest bluejean

"Are you his wife? Divorce him! Now! You don't sit down at a concert, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

:rotfl: Please God let that be on the DVD

Hail the Queen of the Universe, Living Legend Madonna.

I just can't stand the so called Madonna fans that are now bitching about starting her shows late. So fucking what, get over it. But when you were trying to get into the GT most of the ones bitching were the ones stating they would do anything for their Queen!

I just can't stand the so called Madonna fans that are now bitching about starting her shows late. So fucking what, get over it. But when you were trying to get into the GT most of the ones bitching were the ones stating they would do anything for their Queen!

You are not grasping this.....It is not the fans who are bitching dude, it is the MAJORITY (casual fans) who purchase tickets. Obviously we fans know about the wait and wait happily (esp in the GT) as for the experience w M. 85% of the other attendees do not feel the same way and feel (rightfully so) disrespected.

All of the reporting I did about Miami show 1 was in regards to reaction of the majorit, not my personal feelings....I was the very first person in line for my GT wristband, I was prepared and happily excited to wait for another GT moment w M....there were no big fans, esp in the GT booing or chanting "bullshit"...it was the rest of the crowd.

And to anyone of the usual cunts who give me shit about not shutting up about this, here is a pre-FUCK YOU, I am responding to the boy's misunderstanding. As far as I am concerned, aside from a few people, most of us do not have a personal issue w the late starts, the issue is the concern for her professional reputation with the majority.

PLEASE STOP! SHE WAS LATE, WE GET IT. GET OVER IT!

And here is a Fuck....oh wait, it comes with a YOU.....you obviously can't read...at least not English anyway, here, tell me, how well did Google translate this?:

E una qualsiasi delle solite fiche che mi danno un cazzo di non chiudendo su questo, qui è un pre-FUCK YOU, sto rispondendo a malintesi del ragazzo. Per quanto mi riguarda, a parte poche persone, la maggior parte di noi non hanno un problema personale w le partenze in ritardo, il problema è la preoccupazione per la sua reputazione professionale con la maggioranza.

Every time I open this thread I see you saying the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Let me come to Italy and I'll have you saying my name over and over again :jerkoff:

I had a phenomenal time in the pit and thought the show/experience was beyond faabulous. Yes she started pretty late but in my opinion more than made up for it with a kick as performance. Too bad about all the negative press and some of disgruntled attendees who were kept up past their bedtime. She is CONSISTENTLY late for every show and not sure why people expect otherwise. The pit crew on the 19th were fabulous and gave her the luvin she deserved!!