Charlotte 11/15/12

magom

there were people listed in the 'roll call' thread for tonight. but i wondered where this thread was too! Saw an article on line about the show tonight and it was harping about the start time for the majority of the story, and also stated she was starting at 10pm tonight

wow that wasnt even a review of the show, lol

i am sure it sold out, so haters gonna hate

:)

EDIT: there is a picture on kalakans facebook showing the place as FULLY PACKED! hahahaha

Moira McFarland was in the GT. :laugh:

Doug Maulden-Locke@DougMLocke

pic.twitter.com/wbxcQlWj

A7zp6_kCYAESTp5.jpg

DLo @the tribe forum:

Tonight was interesting for sure. As someone else mentioned, there were religious protesters outside the arena, one of which got in my face screaming that I was a sinner. He clearly doesn't realize M wrote a song about that smile_cool.gif

Had a couple surprises in the GT. First, I got a pic with Monte Pittman (yay!), THEN, I noticed a familiar tiny woman, who wound up being Moira McFarland (Madonna's childhood friend seen in "Truth or Dare") and her daughter, the now grown up baby that they named, what else, Madonna. We took a pic and wound up spending the whole show together. We talked a bit about what was said in TOD, and she admitted that Madonna turned down the Godmother role, but has helped out their family over the years.

No major show surprises. Masterpiece was back, and she collected money during Like a Virgin for NYC. Give It 2 Me was meshed back with Celebration, which I like a lot better than just Celebration as I saw it in DC.

This was the show I thought I'd manage to go to up until last weekend :lol::(

I have a friend who is a flight attendant for Lufthansa and he wanted to take me with him since he had to do Munich-Charlotte but of course last minute things changed, he had to take another shift and I lost my free flight. But yeah, Charlotte was not really what I had in mind for my first proper US visit anyway :lol: + I wouldn't have had tickets. Still ... MDNA Tour is now officially over for me *sigh* :(

Had a couple surprises in the GT. First, I got a pic with Monte Pittman (yay!), THEN, I noticed a familiar tiny woman, who wound up being Moira McFarland (Madonna's childhood friend seen in "Truth or Dare") and her daughter, the now grown up baby that they named, what else, Madonna. We took a pic and wound up spending the whole show together. We talked a bit about what was said in TOD, and she admitted that Madonna turned down the Godmother role, but has helped out their family over the years.

See, this is one of many stories I've heard of M helping people out without her telling lots of people about it or sending out a press release. Christopher included none of these stories (not even about her helping all her immediate family members) & tried to highlight instances where she was "stingy"... I'm not saying she isn't careful with her money (and I don't always agree with her); she didn't become a soon-to-be-billionaire by being an idiot with money, but I also think she can be kind and generous with those she thinks are deserving and genuine. I respect that she doesn't scream about her acts of kindness to the world unlike others, although it would be nice if the press reported on this. That probably wouldn't make a good story as it doesn't fit the narrative of what a lot see Madonna as. I also think Christopher's a bit of a spoiled brat and got used to and felt entitled to Madonna's life, wealth, fame, and lifestyle. He even acted as though he created M and was responsible for her success. :huh: He was also in denial about drugs and Madonna really wanted him to get help, withholding money was probably the only way she could "force" him to get help.

Wasn't there a thread about Moira not that long ago? Her daughter, Madonna, must be around 22 now. :ohmy:

MDNA Tour Charlotte NC November 15 2012

Posted on November 16, 2012 by On The Cover Of A Magazine

I can't express how great this show was,

everything exceeded my expectations. Madonna looked

and sounded so beautiful. The dancers were incredible

and the crowd was eating it up. I heard this show didn't

sell out but I didn't see any empty seats from my viewpoint.

Thanks Madonna for coming to North Carolina, it was a

once in a lifetime experience.

Posted in MDNA

(From Madonnarama)