Rio de Janeiro - 02/12/2012

axisvor

Guest gang bang

65,000 people , it should be the show with more audience in South America by a international female artist , and n 2 overall females

i guess it still the show with more audiende in South America by a female artist

Cuzco-Peru , over 80,000-Alejandra Guzman

Guest gang bang

No way. We had crowds way bigger than that.

Madonna herself was bigger.

but in South America ,not yet ,but for sure ,Rio is the show with more audiende in South America by a international female artist

I think Madonna has 110,000 people in Rio for Sticky and Sweet.

I still think it's amazing she pulled 67,000 people for MDNA especially considering people thought the show will get cancelled for lack of sales...

Guest gang bang

I think Madonna has 110,000 people in Rio for Sticky and Sweet.

I still think it's amazing she pulled 67,000 people for MDNA especially considering people thought the show will get cancelled for lack of sales...

Sticky and sweet tour s Rio had 2 shows

Sticky and sweet tour s Rio had 2 shows

GIRLIE SHOW 1993

RIO -MARACANA

single show 120,000

source:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=19931107&id=rvghAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kqIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4474,4375285

im not sure if thats the biggest one in SA though but definitely bigger than Alejandra Guzman (lol)

Madonna Concert Flop Makes Promoter T4F a Buy: Corporate Brazil

By Denyse Godoy & Katerina Petroff - Dec 25, 2012 6:00 PM PT

T4F Entretenimento SA (SHOW3)’s plunge from the world’s most expensive concert promoter to one of the cheapest has analysts predicting a rebound.

All six analysts who rate the company known as Time 4 Fun reiterated or raised their ratings to the equivalent of a “buy” since mid-November, data compiled by Bloomberg show. Sao Paulo-based Time 4 Fun trades at 10.8 times estimated 2013 earnings, the cheapest among global peers after Germany’s DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG and South Korea’s SM Entertainment Co. Based on 2012 profit, the stock had the industry’s highest ratio at 43.

Time 4 Fun plunged 58 percent since the beginning of September after billionaire Eike Batista’s entertainment venture lured away one of its headline shows and weak demand for concerts from Madonna to Lady Gaga forced the promoter to sell tickets at a discount. Demand for live events will rise as growth picks up in Brazil, the world’s second-largest emerging economy, according to Bruno Piacentini, a partner at Fama Investimentos.

“It’s definitely worth more,” Piacentini, who helps manage 1.3 billion reais ($625 million) at the Sao Paulo-based fund, said in a telephone interview. “The market move was due to one-time events rather than the company losing value.”

The stock selloff was triggered by the Sept. 25 announcement that IMX, a partnership between Batista’s EBX Group Co. and IMG Worldwide Inc., will promote Cirgue du Soleil events in South America. The deal was a blow to Time 4 Fun, the previous promoter of the Canadian acrobatic show, which was its biggest draw among regularly scheduled offerings.

Two-For-One

The company’s troubles were compounded by the back-to-back disappointing sales for Lady Gaga’s show in November and Madonna a month later, each of which were expected to lure as many as 90,000 concertgoers. While tickets were originally priced for as much as $410 apiece, T4F teamed up with retailer Lojas Riachuelo in the final week before Lady Gaga’s performance to hold a two- for-one promotion.

“Weaker demand from the public caused ticket sales to miss expectations and that, combined with rising costs due to inflation and mostly the weaker real, led to financial losses for recent concerts,” Joao Costa Marques, a partner at the Rio de Janeiro-based investment fund PrismaInvest, which has $10 million in assets under management. “It wasn’t obvious to include that in the forecast when contracts were signed many months before the events took place. That’s part of the business risk.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-26/madonna-concert-flop-makes-promoter-t4f-a-buy-corporate-brazil.html

'Madonna concert flop'? How convenient that they omitted from the headline the Lady Gaga disaster and how ironic that in each concert Madonna sold more than 50k+ tickets without giving it away unlike her younger and lesser competitor. Biased much uh?

'Madonna concert flop'? How convenient is that they omitted from the headline the Lady Gaga disaster and how ironic is that in each concert Madonna sold more than 50k+ tickets without giving it away unlike her younger and lesser competitor. Biased much uh?

Yeah what a fishy article.

Time For Fun deserves a lot of shit. They should close the doors tbh. Go to hell!

If i'm not mistaken they were nominated for that Billboard award as best company or something... :|

What! Who wrote that shit????

Madonna shows flopped in Brazil and Gaga's disaster was not mentioned?

The media is still kissing her ass I see even if it means twusting the facts ugh!

^ I do agree the headline is skewed a bit, however Madonna's name in a headline tends to gather more clicks than Gaga's. So it was probably an editorial decision.

We haven't seen the official numbers yet for Madonna's Rio show, however I imagine T4F did probably think they would sell the entire 90,000 allotment. It is possible they lost money on the show but that is completely their own fault and not Madonna's. The fact that Live Nation did not comment specifically on Brazil's shows may suggest they thought she'd do better, but she clearly did better than Gaga.

None of us should worry about this article. Madonna got paid and her fans that went got a good show. End.

You don't think the fans good a good show?

From the videos it seems that Madonna was on fire in Rio!

HAHA

My brother told me that T4F is shady as fuck.

He saw all the Brazil shows minus Rio, Chile and Cordoba and it seems like it's some corrupted business right rhere.

South American crowds are the best. They should stand up for their rights !!