Detroit, MI - 11/8/2012

iasonas

Thanks for all the reviews, i'm so happy for Kat, LCD and all of you!

i love hearing all of your experiences from the triangle,also i like that Guy goes to takes pictures and small chat. I guess that 95% of the tickets were sold, it looks so full! and i wonder what does Papa and Joanne think about the show? hahaha cool.

btw, can somebody lease tell me what does Oaklefond put? which songs? he's the opening act here in Mexico city and i'm curious because sometimes i read that the people dance with his music and sometimes i read that it's a snooze fest.

Dark Phoenix - Oakenfold played a random mix of stuff. Remixes of Rihanna, Sia. He didn't play any Madonna. When he spun a mix of the Rolling Stones, Monte Pittman came out and played guitar next to him.

It got people moving OK but the whole arena seemed to be socializing a lot before she came on -- everyone was standing around talking and walking around like it they were at a party at someone's house or something lol. I thought there'd be more unrest with her coming on so late but I didn't notice any booing or yelling or anything.

As for the media reports of her having trouble selling tickets -- it seems that was all bullshit again, because the place was almost completely full.

The place looked pretty packed to me. In fact I kept moving to get closer and each time someone showed up for their seats, kicking me back. If there's any articles stating poor attendance, they're just straight lying.

Full Review:

Last night was so magical. I haven't stopped thinking about her all day. What keeps coming back to me is blond hair. She was so blond last night and positively beautiful; I got a lot of Virgin Tour vibes from this show — esp during Vogue/Candy Shop where her hair was swept up.

Waiting outside for the doors to open was fun too. There were fans dressed as "Vogue," drum majorette, and a young girl as punk-look M from DWT. An employee from Joe Louis Arena, an older guy, came out and said something about Lady FaFa and how Madonna gave birth to her and Nikki Minaj, to which I applauded loudly of course. When you finally got to walk inside it went from cold night skies to a Madonna Wonderland inside LOL. All the tour merchandise. The T-shirts are 40 bucks though wtf I thought 30 dollars. And, it's true, they are not the best quality. My initial reaction was hell no I'm not getting ripped off but 10 minutes later there I am buying a bunch of shit lol. How often does Madonna come to town? The arm sweat-bands are my favorite. They are well-made and only 10 bucks. It's mainly the T-shirts that are wallet-busters. I got the album cover one in black w/ the tour dates on back. Those 'Justify' ones are $45, yet you can buy a whole MDNA sweatshirt for $50, so I skipped 'em.

Paul Oakenfold was decent. It was dance music so I'm happy. Yes, Monte Pittman came out and ppl were up and dancing. Overall the crowd was in great spirits. Lots of people were dressed up in evening attire, loving Madonna, really ready for a party. You can tell they had been looking forward to this. The ppl sitting around me were pretty drunk lol. During M's speech the guy behind me kept yelling "Sing bitch!" and during LAV "Take it off!" Sounds possibly annoying, but no it wasn't. Everyone was just really excited and laughing. The only booing came when she talked about Obama, but it was just political, not really directed at her. She came on late again. I was talking to a girl and she said M would come on around 10:00. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was more like 10:30. It ended up being 10:40-10:45. There was no booing, in fact, about every 7 minutes or so ppl started cheering. Oh, age-wise the crowd was across the spectrum, but I would say, surprisingly, most were pretty young which was nice to see.

People were standing up and cheering during the likely suspects: LAP, Vogue, and Express Yourself. You could really tell who the casual fans were cuz the hits got 'em dancing. The MDNA songs did not flop w/ them though. TUTR was a hit and the guy behind me was loving Gang Bang. The spectacle of GAYLUV kept the momentum from Express Yourself, no problem.

A lot of fans say I'm Addicted works better live than on video and I agree. The bass is really kicking and it's visually a very pleasing number. Before I'm A Sinner she walked to the side of the stage very casually and a slew of ppl encircled M to touch up her make-up. She stood so still and upright — yes, like a regal queen. Then she came out for I'm A Sinner and I loved that one too. No, Basque Country & TUTR is still not my favorite part, but I can honestly say there is not one part I dislike. This tour works very well live.

When she "stripped" during LAV she barely showed her butt and the guy didn't come out to truss her up. Not that I really care about seeing M naked but I was kinda disappointed. Then she laid down and started singing Love Spent and the guy came out then. I was like, whhhaaaat. It caught me off guard, which was cool. She laid on the piano and practically put her crotch in the piano players face lol. LAV/Love Spent part of the show was Quintessential Madonna and mesmerizing. Another part in LAP she just started free spinning in the center of the stage's triangle and everyone went crazy; her gold robe is GORGEOUS. Just b4 TUTR when they're playing all those videos, you start realizing, Oh she did that too! Hung Up in the leotard, ICONIC, I forgot about that. This is the same woman. You're so caught up in the moment of seeing her live in a certain moment that you start forgetting all that she's done. At least for me.

Just b4 Celebration I walked down much further to the stage and saw her so crisp and well. What really blows my mind about her right now is that she is sooo famous — yes, an icon — but when you see her up-close it's just a woman. She's a human being. I think that's what's wonderful about seeing her live and why it's a MUST DO for every fan; her entire body of work is represented in one person right in front of you. Celebration: She was so cute in her little tennis shoes, BLOND BLOND HAIR and little leather pants just bouncing around. I loved the encore. What more can I say, The show is simply outstanding.

^ Sloane, it's a deal on the gyros next time :)

:thumbsup: Awesome cuz I really wanted to go! There was too much uncertainty on my end this time.

One more thing, this arena is small and quite intimate, compared to what she's used to I'd say. Not dissing her, it's a legitimate arena, but oldschool b4 the mega ones were built. The stage seemed altered — The MDNA oval structure was not used (guess FaFa's still using it lol). No, it wouldn't fit, I gather. The stage was much smaller than I envisioned, still taking up most of the floor area though.

oh you know what she meant, who cares.

Of course I know what she meant....hence the LOL at the end of the statement. Geesh, some people are so quick to take offense to everything....lol.

Plus, to her, considering rehearsals and all, it probably feels more like a decade on the road at this point.

Of course I know what she meant....hence the LOL at the end of the statement. Geesh, some people are so quick to take offense to everything....lol.

Plus, to her, considering rehearsals and all, it probably feels more like a decade on the road at this point.

yep exactly. sorry if it sounded offensive :p

:inlove::queenbitch:

Kat wrote: "So much friggin LUV from Madonna tonight! She gave me her guitar pic (yes she made sure it got in my hands too) to the shout out on stage during her speech. She's like 'Katrina right' and when I said yes she's like 'so glad my Alzheimer's hasn't settled in' :lol: & then taking the rosary I gave her & putting it on during Like a Prayer! Thank you Madonna for sticking with your Detroit girl at the hometown show!"

Oh it was your friend who gave her the rosary?? I remember seeing M put it on! She actually paused to fix it under her hair.

:thumbsup: Awesome cuz I really wanted to go! There was too much uncertainty on my end this time.

One more thing, this arena is small and quite intimate, compared to what she's used to I'd say. Not dissing her, it's a legitimate arena, but oldschool b4 the mega ones were built. The stage seemed altered — The MDNA oval structure was not used (guess FaFa's still using it lol). No, it wouldn't fit, I gather. The stage was much smaller than I envisioned, still taking up most of the floor area though.

The oval structure is only being used in stadiums. The arenas are too small and they're using the existing ceiling inside. ;-)

Yeah thats the stage I got in Birmingham, I dont think its just the oval thing I think its a mini me version of the main one for smaller arenas.

Oh it was your friend who gave her the rosary?? I remember seeing M put it on! She actually paused to fix it under her hair.

I have been looking for a clip of the shout out to Katrina and can't find it. Can anyone post a link? Thank you.