MDNA DALLAS OCT 21!!!

Guest ditaluver

When Madonna pointed out the UK flag I had a feeling it was Chelle. Then Cristela told me she saw her afterwards and I was smiling ear to ear. I am so glad this trip wound up being everything you thought it would be Chelle.

Ditaluver- I wanted to say hi via Cristela but she said she didn't see you! I guess you were flailing just like I thought :lol:

The show was surprisingly energetic and positive. Madonna seemed extremely happy and did NOT stop smiling the entire show. The voice was notably hoarse but she fought thru it. She seemed to be determined to make up for the cancellation. My friend Matt had never been to Madonna before and was blown away. I was proud :)

Dallas seemed to love her tonight. Thank god it wasn't a bratty crowd like Denver.

Late start again!! 10:45! It's getting old!

I ammend this statement. This show was even better than Boston and the crowd was great! A few losers, but what's Dallas without a few of those! LOL.

I'll post a full review tomorrow!

Next up, VIP section for both Houston shows!!!

ejferiiernorg :D :D :D

so happy for you chelle! yayayayay. can't wait for vids and reviews. i wonder how ditaluvr is feeling right now?!

Madonna examines religious extremes, turns political and sings with a vengeance during sold-out American Airlines Center concert

By Mario Tarradell / Music Critic

mtarradell@dallasnews.com

3:00 am on October 22, 2012 | Permalink

Madonna sandwiched her two-hour concert performance Sunday night at American Airlines Center with sharply contrasting religious images. The show began with a processional of monks wearing blood-red robes and intoning ominous Gregorian chants. Her male dancers were disguised as bat-like creatures. The mood was somber, foreboding.

The Material Girl then proceeded to take us through a song cycle that examined sex, liberation, sin, empowerment, love, addiction, rebellion and finally redemption. She did it all in classic Madonna style – controversial and eye-popping.

Controversy is part of her appeal, and she courted it by using toy guns during the frenetic numbers “Revolver” and “Gang Bang.” Those guns got her a chilly reception from the recent audience in Denver, a city still healing from the movie theater shootings. Her aim was men in masks, and she took particular pleasure in splattering their blood across the video screens. It was all perfectly staged, and it had a clear message: Madonna will not be hindered.

The sold-out gig, part of Madonna’s “The MDNA Tour” named after her current album, started at 10:45 p.m. long after an opening stint by Italian DJ Benny Benassi. It also put her onstage after cancelling Saturday night’s AAC concert due to severe laryngitis. She apologized for the delay: “I’m not the kind of person that quits,” she said. “Thank you for your understanding. I’m going to sing my heart out tonight.”

That she did. It’s as if she was trying to prove herself to the naysayers who assumed she would just lip-synch her way through the performance. If she did any lip-synching, it was minimal. Every time Madonna had a microphone in her hand, she was really singing.

The further the concert progressed, the looser she got. She turned political, plugging her chosen candidate President Barack Obama but mostly urging fans to go out and vote. She couldn’t help herself, though, and later revealed to us the letters “OBMA” painted on her lower back.

While the set list was heavily influenced by the MDNA material, the crowd reaction was clearly loudest when she sang the pop classics – a spirited “Express Yourself,” a percussive “Open Your Heart” featuring Basque trio Kalakan, a seductive, stripped-down waltz rendition of “Like a Virgin” and a delicious “Vogue” production number filled with cross-dressing dancers.

Highlights from MDNA included the lovely ballad “Masterpiece” and the one-two throbbing punch of “I’m Addicted” and “I’m a Sinner.” The latter of which segued into a jubilant “Like a Prayer” complete with choir and Madonna in full-on church mode. The audience sang along, clapped, found themselves caught up in the gospel revival.

By then the message was crystal: Madonna prefers to nourish her soul with the uplifting joyful noise of voices in unison.

Guest ditaluver

That review is great.

I feel like total shit today...like im hungover...but totally worth. Ill post more when i crawl out of bed.

My pics from lav are really good. Very excited

i took 200 pics. my sis got some good video!

i actually really ended up LOVING LAV..and LOVE SPENT was fucking absolutely DIVINE!

such a special treat.

im sad i cant see any more shows but i am so grateful i was able to experience this with my lil girl

Guest ditaluver

regarding her being pulled down. it happened right in front of me. of course i didnt get photographic evidence of this as I had no idea wtf was going on lol

but she bent down like 2 people away from me to shake hands, lunatic grabs her hand. im not sure if she was just trying to slap hands..and he wanted to hold hands, but she came crashing down and that guy fucking bolted...which leads me to believe he did it on purpose. that guy totally got away, out of the triangle and security blamed it on another poor fan next to me..and he was crying saying IT WASNT ME...IT WASNT MEEEE..

i felt totaly bad for the poor kid but once security had it in their head...off they went with this poor guy. however I will say, before the show started, I heard this poor guy say "BRITNEY is my #1...MADONNA is my #2, GAGA is my 3rd"

he needed to go - his priorities were all fucked up LOL

They kicked a girl out during masterpiece cos she stepped out of the line to take a picture

That's crazy. In San Jose they let us go all over the place, as long as we didn't skip sections or got on our chairs. Seemed reasonable to me.

Guest Not4Pussies

whoa, that was fucked up.

she couldve gotten hurt.

i had no idea it was that bad.

well there goes touching peoples hands

he obviously did it on purpose.

and the security guy in the red jacket was in another world when it happened.