Future tours affected by current reputation?

CMoody

I don't think any of the "issues" on this tour are going to affect future tours simply because these are all "issues" that people had with previous tours. People were complaining when she was "only" coming on an hour to an hour and a half late on previous tours as much as they are complaining now with the later start times. The "not enough hits" has been a complaint since GS....I can even remember complaints about not enough hits on her "hits tour", RIT. The controversies have always followed her on tour with few exception over the years, if anything that raises her profile. Who wants Madonna without controversy? People GO to Madonna concerts BECAUSE of the possibility of controversy.

Guest bluejean

Yeah, there isn't one :lmao:

Interesting that Guy is on her case about it. It seems true what we've always suspected, that Madonna does what she wants and Guy is endlessly trying to trick her into things :lol: We can now explain the zero promotion as well, none of its Guy's fault. He does what he can. I bet he begged her to do Ellen.

Yeah, there isn't one :lmao:

Interesting that Guy is on her case about it. It seems true what we've always suspected, that Madonna does what she wants and Guy is endlessly trying to trick her into things :lol: We can now explain the zero promotion as well, none of its Guy's fault. He does what he can. I bet he begged her to do Ellen.

:rotfl::thumbsup:

Some people here wanted to have Guy's head on a silver plate circa March-April and May. Madonna obviously hires people that are gonna do what she wants to do from the beginning. Even if it should be the other way around, since his role is to be her manager LOL

But in Madonna's business departments there are many fictitious roles, it's the same story over and over. The assistant becomes manager (see Caresse) etc etc People forget that Guy was a teenager when he met the then 34-year-old Queendonna. She's obviously got a little bit more experience to her name than he has. The way she handled MDNA promotion was her idea in the first place. Superbowl, 3 decent videos and a couple of interviews secured her a top 10 best-selling release of the year.

After 30 years, I don't know what more could an artist ask for :thumbsup:

Most people would understand 30 minutes delay, maybe 45 minutes. But 90 minutes? Practically every show? Come on now. That's just blatant "I don't give a fuck." For the 90 minutes delay, she could practically show a movie (with free popcorn of course). Plenty of artists have the professionalism to charge top dollars and start spectacular shows within reasonable amount of time.

sshhhhh...dont say that too loud and give her ideas...she might us sit thru one of her movies before she comes out!

The videos from complaining fans are sad. The tour is excellent for the most part, but unfortunately parts of the show are too dark & excessively violent for mainstream audiences (especially parts of the american midwest). I actually liked very much the violence, gore, & dark themes because it is a part of the twisted & aggressive side of madonna that I appreciate.

There is a part of me that also thinks it's somewhat funny that people are permanently stuck on seeing her nostalgic hits mostly from the eighties. I think some people are expecting a light hearted show even though she has had another tour that some people considered too dark (drowned world).

The only way that I could somewhat relate to these fans is when after seeing the brilliant confessions tour & in my opinion the very good RIT, I was expecting sticky & sweet to really rock, but I was disappointed with some of the concert.

Well her tours are definitely always changing & defying people's expectations & that's what keeps her from being boring & sets her way apart from the other predictable pop stars.

I like that she pushed the boundaries with this tour, especially the guns and the violence, it gave her a bit of an edge and is done spectacularly well on this tour.

My fandom has never waned but seeing her become a badass again after the Ritchie years, the Kaballah, the children's books and the disco era has really increased my enjoyment in her work. She was starting to become a bit lightweight, still 100 times better than Kylie but she was started to veer towards becoming that sort of safe pop star.

Sticky and Sweet felt a little like she was trying to reclaim her former self with the swearing, the attitude and the overt sexuality again. Yet MDNA feels more organic, more closer to who she really is, a rebel at heart and a trailblazer. I loved the nipple slip, the controversy in Russia etc. It's like Blond Ambition for 2012. She has truly blown all of them out of the water and must feel quite secure in her position in the pop world now.

I think finally having so much competition after all these years, really lit a fire under her ass and she became Madonna again.

I was at the show in Abu Dhabi and yes we had to wait for 1.5 hours after the opening act for Madonna . It was hot and it was so humid....

But when she came on it was like the waiting ( and almost fainting ) never happened . It was totally WORTH IT. I was in AWE .

She gave it her all and on that second Abu Dhabi show it looked as if she was going to faint herself just before Masterpiece but she soldiered on.

For me I would go stand and wait another 1.5 hour for her in a heartbeat .

I don't have a problem with her being late except when it means it affects the show. I was in Edinburgh and she had to cut 2 songs to make sure she brought it home in time. This was partly due to the venue restrictions but for fucks sake, get your ass out ten mins earlier so I can see the full show! I paid enough for it bitch!! :-)

I don't have a problem with her being late except when it means it affects the show. I was in Edinburgh and she had to cut 2 songs to make sure she brought it home in time. This was partly due to the venue restrictions but for fucks sake, get your ass out ten mins earlier so I can see the full show! I paid enough for it bitch!! :-)

I agree.

I like that she pushed the boundaries with this tour, especially the guns and the violence, it gave her a bit of an edge and is done spectacularly well on this tour.

My fandom has never waned but seeing her become a badass again after the Ritchie years, the Kaballah, the children's books and the disco era has really increased my enjoyment in her work. She was starting to become a bit lightweight, still 100 times better than Kylie but she was started to veer towards becoming that sort of safe pop star.

Sticky and Sweet felt a little like she was trying to reclaim her former self with the swearing, the attitude and the overt sexuality again. Yet MDNA feels more organic, more closer to who she really is, a rebel at heart and a trailblazer. I loved the nipple slip, the controversy in Russia etc. It's like Blond Ambition for 2012. She has truly blown all of them out of the water and must feel quite secure in her position in the pop world now.

I think finally having so much competition after all these years, really lit a fire under her ass and she became Madonna again.

100% agreed.

I do agree with that! I would've been HIGHLY pissed if songs would've been cut from the shows I attended.

Guest boytoyville

I reviewed my concert experience on ticketmaster and noticed Madonna had a 3.3/5 star rating out of approx 2,600 reviews. Was reading some of them and the ones from Pittsburg were particularlly horrible lol mentioning her political views and late start. The late start seems like a big factor in peoples reviews not to mention many hated the dark themes and lack of old material. I do think that next tour they won't sell as many tickets or do as many dates in the US. My personal experience in St. Paul left a bad taste in my mouth in terms of crowd negativity. I felt like one of ten people who enjoyed the show. With Madonna you either get it or you don't like modern art. Also like modern art you have to be educated on the subject to get it. Just some random thoughts I have a week out from the show now.

I reviewed my concert experience on ticketmaster and noticed Madonna had a 3.3/5 star rating out of approx 2,600 reviews. Was reading some of them and the ones from Pittsburg were particularlly horrible lol mentioning her political views and late start. The late start seems like a big factor in peoples reviews not to mention many hated the dark themes and lack of old material. I do think that next tour they won't sell as many tickets or do as many dates in the US. My personal experience in St. Paul left a bad taste in my mouth in terms of crowd negativity. I felt like one of ten people who enjoyed the show. With Madonna you either get it or you don't like modern art. Also like modern art you have to be educated on the subject to get it. Just some random thoughts I have a week out from the show now.

As has been said before, on Internet message forums, the people who are negative tend to post more and the positive people don't. I think you are reading too much into that and into one show that you saw where the crowd wasn't so great. At the shows I attended in DC everyone loved it and there weren't that many complaints. All the things except for the lateness that people complain about have been part of her previous shows in recent years. Madonna has always expressed her political views, not done just hits and has dark themes, not just happy happy sing all the hits like the record. I don't think you necessarily have to be educated to enjoy her shows, but you do have to have an open mind to different things just like with modern art. If you are expecting just the conventional uncontroversial greatest hits show like other artists do, then I guess you won't like it. You just have to accept that she's not that kind of artist and doesn't want to be that way. If you approach the show with an open mind and not try to fit her into a preconceived notion of what a concert is, I think you can enjoy it even if you don't know all the songs from MDNA.

As has been said before, on Internet message forums, the people who are negative tend to post more and the positive people don't. I think you are reading too much into that and into one show that you saw where the crowd wasn't so great. At the shows I attended in DC everyone loved it and there weren't that many complaints. All the things except for the lateness that people complain about have been part of her previous shows in recent years. Madonna has always expressed her political views, not done just hits and has dark themes, not just happy happy sing all the hits like the record. I don't think you necessarily have to be educated to enjoy her shows, but you do have to have an open mind to different things just like with modern art. If you are expecting just the conventional uncontroversial greatest hits show like other artists do, then I guess you won't like it. You just have to accept that she's not that kind of artist and doesn't want to be that way. If you approach the show with an open mind and not try to fit her into a preconceived notion of what a concert is, I think you can enjoy it even if you don't know all the songs from MDNA.

:clap:

I truly believe that many of these people claiming to have seen the MDNA tour live are just haters watching on YouTube. And it's not just the Little Monsters either -- Madonna's attracted these sorts since day one. They claim it's the worst show ever and they walked out after three songs? Then how do they even know what the show is like? Either way, whether actually present or not, they went in looking to slag her. They can't stand to see her succeed.

As for future tours? Yes, she'll have to downgrade to arenas eventually without current hits, but she'll always be at the top of the league for solo singers. With Michael dead, no one else has the fanbase and the cultural reach she does.

And another thing, most of the people at the DC shows I attended may not have known every song from MDNA, but they seemed to enjoy them because they were the kind of music, pop/dance that they tend to associate with Madonna and like from her. I think they were more complaints with Sticky and Sweet because some of the new stuff was more hip hop and R&B and not what most people associate with her.

sometimes it takes a while to sink in how great something really is